Details

Author Topic: Whats the difference between a C240 & E240?  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Out & Bad

• out & bad
    • View Profile
Whats the difference between a C240 & E240?
« on: July 3, 2012, 12:31:38 PM »
Whats the difference between a C240 & E240?   [noclue]
BE MOBILE

Offline BLEU-Rei

• Considering other definitions of the sports car.
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the difference between a C240 & E240?
« Reply #1 on: July 3, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »
A C240 is a C Class chassis W202 and W203 which runs from 1996 to about 2007. The C240 has a 2.6 litre V6 in all the years. Minor tweaking and upgrades are on the newer ones but it is essentially the same basic engine. The badge name C240 is absent on the W204. Think the new engine is a 2.5 V6.

An E240 is an E Class that ran the model versions W210 and W211. It also had the same 2.6 litre V6 based on the M112 block.

Note too that these engines are twin spark and make surprisingly admirable torque for the size. Two spark plugs help level out the efficiency.

One of my favourite V6 engines.  [thumbsup]
"the engine still remains in gts back yard where it is used to hold up his house by which time is closer to the gully due to soil erosion from used oil" Banned

Offline Out & Bad

• out & bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »
Thanks for the info....  [king]
BE MOBILE

Offline Out & Bad

• out & bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 8, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »
Are there any major concerns with the E240?... such as common repair issues, etc.?
BE MOBILE

Offline BLEU-Rei

• Considering other definitions of the sports car.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 8, 2012, 04:31:01 PM »
Barring the suspension niggles with our roads... very little goes wrong with this engine.

As a V6 though, valve seats and seals tend to go when high up on the miles. Cheap parts to buy, but labour intensive to replace.
"the engine still remains in gts back yard where it is used to hold up his house by which time is closer to the gully due to soil erosion from used oil" Banned

Offline Out & Bad

• out & bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 8, 2012, 06:28:54 PM »
I'm a bruk pocket with little money to spend if any at all... i'm getting a great deal on a 2004 E240, owner migrating but i'm not sure if it better to cut my eye pass it and get maybe a 96 Mark 11 or something that cost less to repair and maintain.

Why are your thoughts... should I pass up this deal and get something cheaper or should I go for this dream car and drive with my fingers crossed???
BE MOBILE

Offline Foska Oats (EJ205)

• Extreme Member
  • Cya move unless it ah spool.
    • View Profile
    • www.HTC.com
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 11:21:22 PM »
Benz on a whole can be costly to maintain if it is not treated well. The C Class is considered the entry level then gradually you migrate to E, S, M or G class. But ensure the one you are getting is solid. These high end cars cost money to maintain because parts don't go easily, but when they do  [alarm] [alarm]
Move over, BIGGER boost coming through
Slightly used HTC Inspire Android For sale

Offline Goose~Ep3-RŽ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 3, 2013, 09:52:22 AM »
Benz on a whole can be costly to maintain if it is not treated well. The C Class is considered the entry level then gradually you migrate to E, S, M or G class. But ensure the one you are getting is solid. These high end cars cost money to maintain because parts don't go easily, but when they do  [alarm] [alarm]

^^^^^This [nod]
RIP Kashwayne you a fix car anyweh u deh.

Offline good bwoy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 4, 2013, 04:29:01 AM »

^^^^^This [nod]

[nod]