Details

Author Topic: CMRC Round 1  (Read 36383 times)

Offline jerry911

• View Profile
CMRC Round 1
« on: April 4, 2013, 12:02:15 PM »
Ok Ok the first meet was a success, so let,s move on to the international scene. Base on the what we saw in the first meet any suggestions to for our CMRC and Group 2 team. Also, the debate as to which track will be used (Jamwest or Dover) has that been settled?.
Let the suggestions start flowing [wave]

Offline BOOSTED33

• View Profile
Re: CMRC Round 1
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
 [bump]I Think it can be move from Dover to Jamwest but that certainly would be a risk at this time...... [bike] [bike] [bike] [bike]

Offline Torqueture

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »
From what I know, the Guyanese drivers are pushing for a Jamwest meet  for CMRC as it would bring some equality to the races as their big guns are all rotaries and not competitive at Dover where there are so many elevations. If memory serves me right, Mark Veira in a post race interview at the last Guyana meet said he is looking forward to the races moving to Jamwest. If I find the aforementioned interview I will post the vid.

Offline A.Wayne

• View Profile
    • TPG
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »
They should move both the Guyana and Barbados meet to jamwest , imagine laps long enuff  to get a refill .............. [rofl] [dwl]

[wave] [bike]
NOTE:  Warning R-Rated discussion ahead ......
Instagram:tpgracer

Offline shuggy clutch

• rule#1 BRAKES must be bigger than UR TURBO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2013, 04:57:16 PM »
i think cayman wanted to enter cmrc but ...they dont have a track  they could use jamwest for their leg n we use  dover how dat sound instead of fighting out one over di other mek wi use di 2 a dem  [drunk]
if u ain't sneezing............. u ain't pleasing ................RULE#1  ur BRAKES must be bigger than UR TURBO

Offline DaneRF24

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2013, 06:24:08 PM »
with a lil over a month or so to go before CMRC a change from Dover to Jamwest seems a bit farfetched don't you think?

Offline J.T.P

• To finish first, you must first finish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 4, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »
First thing that has to be considered is the cost for this CMRC event, then you have to figure out how many overseas drivers are willing to participate in the event if it happens at Dover. There's no "fighting out" involved at all, just seems they have to make the right decision.

Offline ЯāĢSpeEd نيسان

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • L5-VE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 4, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »
Dover me say. Just like how people prepare cricket pitch to suit their bowlers. We cant go Bbdoes n Guy and tell them to put hills in their tracks

Peace
'Motivation without substance is hype...' 'WolVEpack ftw...'

Offline shuggy clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 4, 2013, 10:20:36 PM »
true!^^^^^^^^^^^we would be some r/\ss idiot if we mek di man dem tell wi wah dem want fi come try beat wi lol every track muss present a different challenge to the drivers  if u cyah prepare u car fi it den come n lose lol nuh body stop mexico from play football beside God deh suh lol players nuh just haffi adjust or lose  simple as that
if u ain't sneezing............. u ain't pleasing ................RULE#1  ur BRAKES must be bigger than UR TURBO

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
  • For tyres call 940-0000
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 5, 2013, 03:52:37 AM »
Another thing to consider is the cost.
The lease arrangement at Dover still stands no matter how many individual meets are kept there, so if it is to be moved from Dover, in addition to whatever rent or lease cost would be inccurred at Jamwest, there is still the fact that there would be one less event at Dover resulting in the cost of the other three increasing.
So, say for example, the track lease is one million per year normally spread over 4 events and cost $250k each, if Dover has only 3 events then the cost would be $333,333.33 each.
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline tarmac terrorist

• My motto is "MAXIMUM ATTACK"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 5, 2013, 07:07:09 AM »
true!^^^^^^^^^^^we would be some r/\ss idiot if we mek di man dem tell wi wah dem want fi come try beat wi lol every track muss present a different challenge to the drivers  if u cyah prepare u car fi it den come n lose lol nuh body stop mexico from play football beside God deh suh lol players nuh just haffi adjust or lose  simple as that

I rarely agree with the points you make here on WJ but I think with this one you hit the nail on the head. As a Jamaican involved in a Caribbean Championship, when our leg comes around, why would I knowingly select a venue that is favourable to my competiton when there is one in existence and available that suits me?

Having said the above, I'm not only a Jamaican but a lifelong car enthusiast. I must confess that hearing a 3 rotor going through the gears at JW would be almost (dare I say?) ORGASMIC. CC's V8 wouldn't be too far down on the list either. Both tracks have their pros and cons. Right now I'd be more interested in seeing JW getting themselves sorted out and being incorporated into the JRDC championship. When I see that successfully achieved, then we can look at running a CMRC leg there. Note I didn't say the leg but a leg. I still think the Jamaican leg should remain at Dover, but the Cayman one definitely should be given consideration for JW.
Team Xpress Racing (TXR) Professional Competion Car Fabrication & Preparation

Tel. 361-2543

Offline charlie11

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 5, 2013, 07:34:23 AM »

I rarely agree with the points you make here on WJ but I think with this one you hit the nail on the head. As a Jamaican involved in a Caribbean Championship, when our leg comes around, why would I knowingly select a venue that is favourable to my competiton when there is one in existence and available that suits me?

Having said the above, I'm not only a Jamaican but a lifelong car enthusiast. I must confess that hearing a 3 rotor going through the gears at JW would be almost (dare I say?) ORGASMIC. CC's V8 wouldn't be too far down on the list either. Both tracks have their pros and cons. Right now I'd be more interested in seeing JW getting themselves sorted out and being incorporated into the JRDC championship. When I see that successfully achieved, then we can look at running a CMRC leg there. Note I didn't say the leg but a leg. I still think the Jamaican leg should remain at Dover, but the Cayman one definitely should be given consideration for JW.
Interesting thought of Cayman hosted @ JW, would it be possible to have the 2 meets within reasonable time of each other to help defray shipping ( i do know the shipping is free) but would it not help to have the cars stay on the island as opposed to shipping them twice to the same port( customs etc)
I would guess such a move would also cause the other clubs to shorten/reschedule their championship program for the season?
Just some random thoughts.
You can take the drunk out of the gutter, but you can`t take the gutter out from the drunk.
Some think Arrogance & Ignorance are one of the same, but Arrogance is more related to Immaturity& stupidity

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 5, 2013, 08:10:42 AM »
Cayman leg of the CMRC hosted at Jamwest next year seems common sense. Dover retaining the Jamaican leg as the 2nd most profitable round on the Jamaican Circuit racing championship calendar has to be retained for economic purposes.
It has been suggested before this thread.
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline HOLLYWOOD

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 5, 2013, 08:46:10 AM »
Keep in mind that JW has said they would take care of the issues re the gas cans in container $8000.00us charge IF the CMRC comes to them.
This is huge! Or the JRDC will have to pay to keep in the CmRC this year.
Think about that one.

Offline A.Wayne

• View Profile
    • TPG
« Reply #14 on: April 5, 2013, 08:49:50 AM »
It also means JA will get the 2nd and 3rd leg , well unless they want to deal with shipping the cars in and out twice for  the year ,  also means the cars will be there for at least 3 , maybe 4months before going to round 4 ....

[alarm] [bike]

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 5, 2013, 09:02:01 AM »
Keep in mind that JW has said they would take care of the issues re the gas cans in container $8000.00us charge IF the CMRC comes to them.
Think about that one.
When was this offer made and where was it published?
Is this one of the "top secret" matters that so frequently are associated with motorsports?
And exactly what US$8,000.00 are we speaking of?
Was this publicly disclosed?

Mr Gore, it does seem that I am in good company where running off at the mouth is concerned. I will reserve a space on the banned bench for you.

Offline A.Wayne

• View Profile
    • TPG
« Reply #16 on: April 5, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Mouth ? banned? Despot issues  Dean ..?  [rofl] [bike]

Eagleye

« Reply #17 on: April 5, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »
Think about that one.
Is this one of the "top secret" matters that so frequently are associated with motorsports?

Mr Gore, it does seem that I am in good company where running off at the mouth is concerned. I will reserve a space on the banned bench for you.

Today is a funny night. I keep smelling a rat.  [ponder]

Offline shuggy clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 5, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »
Think about that one.

Today is a funny night. I keep smelling a rat.ATL  [ponder]
fixed for free [drunk]

Offline redbwoy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 5, 2013, 01:37:34 PM »
@eagleye, et ... fe real!

Eagleye

« Reply #20 on: April 5, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »

I thought it was a rat but now its smelling fishy to me. Someone better Teach me to  DeTech the different smells

Offline logic

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 5, 2013, 02:33:35 PM »

I thought it was a rat but now its smelling fishy to me. Someone better Teach me to  DeTech the different smells

Oh do explain.

Eagleye

« Reply #22 on: April 5, 2013, 02:47:16 PM »

Oh do explain.

You may not know since you are ova in away but over the last couple of weeks the winds here were very high and what really happened is just like last  year all kinds of documents were blowing about and littering the place and believe it or not one very interesting piece blew through Eagle's car window early this morning so i holding it in safe keeping. This is the silly season, just before the start of the first leg of the CMRC. Stay tuned or better still send me a PM.  Not a Prime Minister.

Offline Pizza

• Extreme Member
  • This year is the rebirth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 5, 2013, 03:03:18 PM »
I wouldn't have missed a thing... not one minute of it.

Offline logic

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 5, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »

Oh do explain.

You may not know since you are ova in away but over the last couple of weeks the winds here were very high and what really happened is just like last  year all kinds of documents were blowing about and littering the place and believe it or not one very interesting piece blew through Eagle's car window early this morning so i holding it in safe keeping. This is the silly season, just before the start of the first leg of the CMRC. Stay tuned or better still send me a PM.  Not a Prime Minister.

Hmmm inbox me , i lil piece of controversy

Eagleye

« Reply #25 on: April 5, 2013, 03:25:19 PM »

Oh do explain.

Hmmm inbox me , i lil piece of controversy

On second thoughts i like I prefer to call you Bro. This PM thing....Hummmmm... i am not sure how confidential um is

Offline logic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 5, 2013, 03:32:26 PM »
Well it would have to wit unless you wanna call the UK lol

Offline Torqueture

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 5, 2013, 04:13:59 PM »

Oh do explain.

Eagle since I have been seeing you posting on various forum sites, you FOREVER come across info that is fishy but never spill it. Time to put up or shut up.  [thumbsdown]

Eagleye

« Reply #28 on: April 5, 2013, 04:21:33 PM »

Oh do explain.

Eagle since I have been seeing you posting on various forum sites, you FOREVER come across info that is fishy but never spill it. Time to put up or shut up.  [thumbsdown]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BMt3ujBWp             I hope u get the answer

douglasbgooden

« Reply #29 on: April 5, 2013, 04:28:42 PM »
Another thing to consider is the cost.
The lease arrangement at Dover still stands no matter how many individual meets are kept there, so if it is to be moved from Dover, in addition to whatever rent or lease cost would be inccurred at Jamwest, there is still the fact that there would be one less event at Dover resulting in the cost of the other three increasing.
So, say for example, the track lease is one million per year normally spread over 4 events and cost $250k each, if Dover has only 3 events then the cost would be $333,333.33 each.
This is where having your own facility changes everything. In business it is called upping your conversion ratio. That is the relation of your expenses to your assets. A lease is not an asset it is an expense that is not redeemable or negotiable with your banker.
When most people start out in business they rent or lease. Once you pay for your rent or lease you cannot go to your banker and negotiate on that. Once you have moved over to the process of owning your own facility you now have one of the factors of production- essential to any long term successful planning.

Offline BOOSTED33

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 5, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »
i think cayman wanted to enter cmrc but ...they dont have a track  they could use jamwest for their leg n we use  dover how dat sound instead of fighting out one over di other mek wi use di 2 a dem  [drunk]
Yes since they wonna race on jamwest track let Cayman use it as there home track cuz to move our leg of CMRC from dover to jamwest would be a big risk.... [bike] [bike] [bike] [bike] [bike]

Offline Zen

• Extreme Member
  • Jackpot
    • View Profile
    • MLR
« Reply #31 on: April 5, 2013, 05:52:14 PM »

Oh do explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BMt3ujBWp             I hope u get the answer

Wheel and come again.

This video does not exist.
Sorry about that.
:/

Offline TundaBOLT...4GRacing.....

• Life is short n you don't get repeats so LIVE IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 5, 2013, 08:01:05 PM »
therefore answer not to be found................ dahh
4G 4 EVA !!!!
470-8637

Offline Zen

• Extreme Member
  • Jackpot
    • View Profile
    • MLR
« Reply #33 on: April 5, 2013, 10:07:34 PM »
therefore answer not to be found................ dahh

Are you saying that Eagleye has no info?
I find it hard to believe that someone on the internet is purporting to know more than they really do.

Eagleye

« Reply #34 on: April 6, 2013, 01:50:49 AM »

Oh do explain.

Wheel and come again.

Sorry about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BMt3ujBWpTE

Offline Zenki

• Hell's Bell
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 6, 2013, 06:51:59 AM »

Oh do explain.

Wheel and come again.

Sorry about that.

[dwl]

Did you notice the car said Mitsubishi on it. That's enough reason to walk away.

Offline redrx7

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 6, 2013, 08:34:06 AM »
let me spill the beans.....cmrc is ....was'''''''''

Armchair racer

« Reply #37 on: April 6, 2013, 10:04:37 AM »

Interesting thought of Cayman hosted @ JW, would it be possible to have the 2 meets within reasonable time of each other to help defray shipping ( i do know the shipping is free) but would it not help to have the cars stay on the island as opposed to shipping them twice to the same port( customs etc)
I would guess such a move would also cause the other clubs to shorten/reschedule their championship program for the season?
That's a good thought, the shipping may be free but the shipping time sometimes hamper  car preparation for some teams.

Eagleye

« Reply #38 on: April 6, 2013, 11:13:45 AM »

That's a good thought, the shipping may be free but the shipping time sometimes hamper  car preparation for some teams.

I think you guys are missing the most important issue and that is the fact that each territory have their own local championships and the turn around time will definitely be an issue.

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 6, 2013, 11:33:30 AM »
The Easter Monday race meet at Dover was very good as was the presentation function last night at the Pegasus..

The executives must now turn their attention to the first leg of the CMRC usually heald on the long hollyday week end in May. The propsoed competitors/visitors need to start making their bookings for flights and hotel accommodations and as important arrange with Seaboard Marine to ship the cars and motor cycles.

Was told that Guyana planning to send their top flight racers comprising of Andrew King-- RX, Mark Vieira-- RX, Kevin Jeffrey-- EVO, ( new holder of the South Dakota track record) Paul Vieira-- RX, and Rupie ???? --EVO.
From Barbados will be Jamaicans favourite Mark Maloney, his dad Doug Maloney and Stuart Williams.

It's a known fact that the local April meets and the CMRC's May attracts large crowds so every effort must be made to ensure an even bigger crowd in May

Armchair racer

« Reply #40 on: April 6, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »

I think you guys are missing the most important issue and that is the fact that each territory have their own local championships and the turn around time will definitely be an issue.
thats what I'm was saying.

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 6, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »
The Guyanaese competitors/ Admin. people do not have a clue about Jam West track, having never visited it. I am given to believe that a Jamaican told one Guyanese person (his friend) that JM is a better track than Dover and he, unfortuniatly started a story.
The GMRSC executives know that the decision of a track for the CMRC series has to come from the JRDC.executives.

Over seas guest of the organising club has to race where ever the event is held. One country cannot set rules for the other.

My unederstanding is that the first leg of the 2013 series will be held at the Dover Raceway

Offline pioneer_sti

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 6, 2013, 08:58:56 PM »
The Easter Monday race meet at Dover was very good as was the presentation function last night at the Pegasus..

The executives must now turn their attention to the first leg of the CMRC usually heald on the long hollyday week end in May. The propsoed competitors/visitors need to start making their bookings for flights and hotel accommodations and as important arrange with Seaboard Marine to ship the cars and motor cycles.

Was told that Guyana planning to send their top flight racers comprising of Andrew King-- RX, Mark Vieira-- RX, Kevin Jeffrey-- EVO, ( new holder of the South Dakota track record) Paul Vieira-- RX, and Rupie ???? --EVO.
From Barbados will be Jamaicans favourite Mark Maloney, his dad Doug Maloney and Stuart Williams.

It's a known fact that the local April meets and the CMRC's May attracts large crowds so every effort must be made to ensure an even bigger crowd in May

Stuart Williams will not be able to make it to Jamaica this year. Some changes are being made to the car and it won't be ready for another few months.

Offline tarmac terrorist

• My motto is "MAXIMUM ATTACK"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 6, 2013, 10:45:14 PM »
That sucks. Aside from Stuart being a cool guy, I'm really going to miss that Lotus ........ talk about "heavenly body"!!!!!
Team Xpress Racing (TXR) Professional Competion Car Fabrication & Preparation

Tel. 361-2543

Offline onebo$$

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 7, 2013, 07:13:14 PM »
Wonder who will be making improvements for the upcoming meet in May. Now that everyone knows who and what they're up against and what is needed to beat their opponents in the respective classes.

Looking forward to Labor Day Meet!  [kick]

Offline Nurse_Gti

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 7, 2013, 07:54:27 PM »

Oh do explain.

Wheel and come again.

Sorry about that.

Wah dis? Barbados got talent or Barbados leg of the X Factor? [dwl] [dwl]  [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Offline Rush!

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • Gunners for life....
    • View Profile
    • lift
« Reply #46 on: April 7, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
That sucks. Aside from Stuart being a cool guy, I'm really going to miss that Lotus ........ talk about "heavenly body"!!!!!

agreed. there goes half my money :'(

Offline toyracer

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 7, 2013, 10:59:57 PM »
Stuart Williams will not be able to make it to Jamaica this year. Some changes are being made to the car and it won't be ready for another few months.

Truly sorry to hear this Dennis, I was looking forward to you guys getting a good run at Dover, you've had some bad luck here.

Hopefully I will see you in Barbados later this year. Cheers.

Offline shuggy clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 7, 2013, 11:07:03 PM »

Truly sorry to hear this Dennis, I was looking forward to you guys getting a good run at Dover, you've had some bad luck here.

Hopefully I will see you in Barbados later this year. Cheers.
or jamwest  [ponder] [bb]

Offline gregorybrav4

• moving forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 8, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
weather its going to be CMRC , or racing at dover or jamwest , what i cant tell u from now is that the 2 week advertising is not going to cut it to grow the sport. ,more can be done if everyone put there ego aside and stay focus the time everyone spending doing review of doug an david will not help the rest of race meet so it would be good if that time was spend on promoting the next event base of the results of the last event , focus on fixing the timing problem rather than making excuse as to y it may or may not work ,,,,,we all love racing and we all watch motor sport all over the world so lets take some of what we have seen else where and try to fit it in our series ..... take a not from poesy's  perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JoBteeg9kA
In a world that is not enuff i am moving forward....