Details

Author Topic: CMRC Round 1  (Read 38849 times)

Offline onebo$$

• View Profile
Re: CMRC Round 1
« Reply #50 on: April 8, 2013, 08:30:22 PM »
weather its going to be CMRC , or racing at dover or jamwest , what i cant tell u from now is that the 2 week advertising is not going to cut it to grow the sport. ,more can be done if everyone put there ego aside and stay focus the time everyone spending doing review of doug an david will not help the rest of race meet so it would be good if that time was spend on promoting the next event base of the results of the last event , focus on fixing the timing problem rather than making excuse as to y it may or may not work ,,,,,we all love racing and we all watch motor sport all over the world so lets take some of what we have seen else where and try to fit it in our series ..... take a not from poesy's  perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JoBteeg9kA

cudnt say it any better myself...

Offline BOOSTED33

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 9, 2013, 09:02:50 PM »

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
  • For tyres call 940-0000
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »
In other news, I know of a few more lawnmowers either being rebuilt, being built or being shipped to try to make it for the meet at the end of May.

B series refresh
B series with sleeved block
K24 with 330 whp
K24 with I dont know how much hp

Chassis range from EG, EK, DB2

Its a good look....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 04:54:52 PM by Duct Tape »
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline LancerGirl

• The DIAMOND Lady..
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • RIP......THH....25.01.10.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 11:06:01 PM »
weather its going to be CMRC , or racing at dover or jamwest , what i cant tell u from now is that the 2 week advertising is not going to cut it to grow the sport. ,more can be done if everyone put there ego aside and stay focus the time everyone spending doing review of doug an david will not help the rest of race meet so it would be good if that time was spend on promoting the next event base of the results of the last event , focus on fixing the timing problem rather than making excuse as to y it may or may not work ,,,,,we all love racing and we all watch motor sport all over the world so lets take some of what we have seen else where and try to fit it in our series ..... take a not from poesy's  perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JoBteeg9kA
I so agree with this....well said Greg...

LG

Offline A.Wayne

• View Profile
    • TPG
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 11:09:57 PM »
A poesy perspective .... Whats a Poesy ?  [ponder]............ [rofl] [bike]
NOTE:  Warning R-Rated discussion ahead ......
Instagram:tpgracer

Offline pioneer_sti

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2013, 09:34:29 AM »
Stuart Williams will not be able to make it to Jamaica this year. Some changes are being made to the car and it won't be ready for another few months.

Truly sorry to hear this Dennis, I was looking forward to you guys getting a good run at Dover, you've had some bad luck here.

Hopefully I will see you in Barbados later this year. Cheers.

Yeah, it would have been nice to try and knock off a little more time this year, but we decided it's time to try and get everything sorted as best we can, and make a few small upgrades as well. We're also having a problem getting the tires we use. Never a dull moment in motorsport.

I'll should be there for the Jamaica CMRC meet, so I'll come and say hi.

tarmac terrorist, yep it does suck, but hopefully she'll be quicker and more reliable if she make the trip next year...  :)     

Rush, I'll tell Stuart you'll send him a bill for lost income....     ;D

Offline Rush!

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • Gunners for life....
    • View Profile
    • lift
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2013, 09:45:20 AM »
Rush, I'll tell Stuart you'll send him a bill for lost income....     ;D

hahhaha no problem... i'll collect in Bim [rofl]

Online sojah

• any thing a anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2013, 02:20:55 AM »
who will represent Jamaica
anything a anything

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2013, 08:27:34 AM »
I would think that the fallowing competitors are on the list for selection.

David Summerbell Jr., Peter Rae, Andre Anderson, Mathew Gore, Heath Causwell and George Bailey. I doubt that Doug's car qualifies, if it does then he is in.

Motor Cyclist ----Dennis Chin-Quee, Adrian Blake and possible Stephan Chin

Offline acro

• View Profile
    • http://npoforlife.deviantart.com/
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2013, 10:59:45 AM »
sub'd
Used xbox games call of duty black ops and just dance vol 3
Pm me for details

Offline craigie

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2013, 11:15:55 AM »
What happen to Sebastian Rae, he was there the last time and did well in his class why wouldnt he be representing Jamaica again, is it personal or sponsorship obligations. Probable this list is just a wish list and the official names have not been chosen.

Offline onebo$$

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »

David Summerbell Jr., Peter Rae, Andre Anderson, Mathew Gore, Heath Causwell and George Bailey. I doubt that Doug's car qualifies, if it does then he is in.

What happen to Sebastian Rae, he was there the last time and did well in his class why wouldnt he be representing Jamaica again, is it personal or sponsorship obligations. Probable this list is just a wish list and the official names have not been chosen.

Armchair racer

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2013, 11:48:27 AM »

Didn't the MIVEC get burned up @ the last Dover meet ? you think it will be ready ? Pity KYLE's car does not meet the GRP 2 Regs... Mr G didn't mention any  Grp 2  what about Chiney Dolly ?  The Doc's car seems to be much improved too.

Offline MONTii

• BILLY D KIDD
  • Administrator
  • Extreme Member
  • I "KIDD" YOU NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • JAMAICAN TUNER
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »

THIS WAS THE CAR BASSY USED IN CMRC LAST YEAR.   Not sure if it will be ready after his fire at the last event. So jumping the gun about being "personal" is unfair boss.

ERROR DOES NOT BECOME TRUTH BY REASON OF MULTIPLIED PROPAGATION, NOR DOES TRUTH BECOME ERROR BECAUSE NOBODY SEES IT.

Armchair racer

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2013, 01:26:21 PM »
 Cho Man.. That will buff right out..

fun and joke aside though how serious is the damage ? The car is front wheel drive, and even the tires survived so it might be repairable in time for  the next round..

them again he has the Magnum, and might just focus on racing that car ?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:34:40 PM by Armchair racer »

Offline BOOSTED33

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2013, 01:28:47 PM »
Well he is running the Magnum back to performance but i would certainly want to see him defend his title....So lets see if he can make the repair and come....

Offline TundaBOLT...4GRacing.....

• Life is short n you don't get repeats so LIVE IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2013, 01:32:12 PM »
easy clean up that, it didn't even pop a tyre

all he needs is some paint n lexan [wacko]

that pic should go out in all of firestick's marketing from now on thow
4G 4 EVA !!!!
470-8637

Offline craigie

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »
My statement was made in response to Mr J's list of those representing Jamaica, cause i didnt see him being mentioned. Of-course i remember his car being burnt. I was just wondering why nothing was said why he would not be on the list but i guess his car being burnt and the Magnum too advance for that class would make him not up for selection.

Offline craigie

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2013, 03:44:55 PM »
Hope he gets the car repaired intime.

Offline tarmac terrorist

• My motto is "MAXIMUM ATTACK"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2013, 08:47:40 PM »
While I didn't have a chance to examine the car after the fire, bear a few things in mind: the type of heat generated by a fire of this magnitude can affect the integrity of any metal exposed to it, this includes but is not limited to rim, control arms, links etc. The shock absorber and any bushings, mounts etc in the vicinity of the fire would more than likely be damaged. The rubber bladder of the fuel cell will have to be given careful checks, as it was most likely already at least 13 - 16 years old, and that heat wouldn't have done the pliability of the rubber any favours !!! Fuel pump, lines etc in that area will also need inspection/replacement. It may not be as simple/cheap as you might at first think.
Team Xpress Racing (TXR) Professional Competion Car Fabrication & Preparation

Tel. 361-2543

Teach

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2013, 09:43:54 PM »
Major news will be released this week on the CMRC round expected to take place on May 25+26.

We know many are anxious to know what the plans are, who is interested in coming, who will represent Jamaica and if we are even going to have a CMRC round in Jamaica.

Please give us a few more days to address you all with a proper release.

Offline craigie

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »
Major news will be released this week on the CMRC round expected to take place on May 25+26.

We know many are anxious to know what the plans are, who is interested in coming, who will represent Jamaica and if we are even going to have a CMRC round in Jamaica.

Interesting!

Offline logic

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2013, 10:34:34 PM »

:o :o [blackeye] [blackeye] [blackeye] [blackeye]

Offline acro

• View Profile
    • http://npoforlife.deviantart.com/
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »
 :o :o :o [blackeye] [blackeye]
Used xbox games call of duty black ops and just dance vol 3
Pm me for details

Offline toyracer

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2013, 10:58:03 PM »
While defending his 2WD title is certainly good cause for including Bassy in the Jamaican team, I can think of a better one;

The Magnum.

Did you y'all see how well he did driving that car for the first time... on worn tyres that are at least six years old... if my friend George is amongst those being considered for the CMRC team then Bassy is due consideration as well, being only 0.500 seconds off George's best time at Dover...

Think about the other two-thirds of the CMRC track equation; Bushy Park and South Dakota... now think about how well the Magnum chassis is suited to such tracks...

If the CMRC rules at the time had allowed for the Magnum to race, TA1 would never have been purchased. Fact.

Offline tarmac terrorist

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2013, 11:03:11 PM »
While defending his 2WD title is certainly good cause for including Bassy in the Jamaican team, I can think of a better one;

The Magnum.

Did you y'all see how well he did driving that car for the first time... on worn tyres that are at least six years old... if my friend George is amongst those being considered for the CMRC team then Bassy is due consideration as well, being only 0.500 seconds off George's best time at Dover...

Think about the other two-thirds of the CMRC track equation; Bushy Park and South Dakota... now think about how well the Magnum chassis is suited to such tracks...

If the CMRC rules at the time had allowed for the Magnum to race, TA1 would never have been purchased. Fact.

I have been saying that for YEARS. Now you naysayers have it from the horses mouth. Take that .... HAH !!!!!

Tel. 361-2543

Offline DaneRF24

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2013, 02:03:05 AM »

The Magnum.

is it allowed to run CMRC now? if so, what class? I for one would love to see it take on bushy and do well. I'm sure bassy is up to the challenge.

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
  • For tyres call 940-0000
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2013, 10:22:53 AM »

The Magnum.

I have been saying that for YEARS. Now you naysayers have it from the horses mouth. Take that .... HAH !!!!!

TR is the groom, not the horse.
David is the jockey and the car is the horse.  [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline Pablo Rootes

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
 [chairbang]TT i expected better from u. How can u refer to the man as "horse"? ??? Please go and stand in the corner. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. [cheeky]

Offline Rush!

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • Gunners for life....
    • View Profile
    • lift
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »
[chairbang]TT i expected better from u. How can u refer to the man as "horse"? ??? Please go and stand in the corner. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. [cheeky]

Maybe he was flexing a new Trini side  [rofl]

Offline tarmac terrorist

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »
Naah, just had good English teachers for all my school years. They made sure I actually read and was exposed to a wider vocabulary .........  [cheeky]

Tel. 361-2543

Offline toyracer

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2013, 01:12:37 PM »
I'm rolling at "groom not the horse"

bwuahahaha good one DT

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2013, 02:09:34 PM »
Toyracer, there is no doubt that the TST worked their fingers to the bones to provide a winner and for that congrats however, the result  for which the hard work was put in was disappointing. Had you guys started earlier and do the required testing the out come might been different..

By the way thanks for the invalid information you provided us with in this forum.
Mr.J.

Offline fast_jam

• Police cant stop me,cuz i dont break the speed lim
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2013, 03:02:12 PM »
TR, what were the rules back then that prevented the magnum from running?

Offline toyracer

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2013, 03:46:41 PM »
is it allowed to run CMRC now? if so, what class? I for one would love to see it take on bushy and do well. I'm sure bassy is up to the challenge.

1. yes
2. the CMRC class, not Group 2

Toyracer, there is no doubt that the TST worked their fingers to the bones to provide a winner and for that congrats however, the result  for which the hard work was put in was disappointing. Had you guys started earlier and do the required testing the out come might been different..

By the way thanks for the invalid information you provided us with in this forum.
Mr.J.

Hilary, I assure you, I strive to ensure that the information I provide is quite valid, not sure why you would think otherwise...

;-)

Offline Rush!

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • Gunners for life....
    • View Profile
    • lift
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2013, 04:11:54 PM »

Mr.J.

Sir Hilary at it again  [rofl] [dwl]

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »
 Oh boy sorry, wrong word. Change "invalid" to "invaluable"   Mind you this was evident an error. The information TR provided can only be given praise and high marks.

Mr.J.

Offline RICHARD burns

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2013, 06:22:51 AM »
Hilary when will we get this news about cmrc?

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2013, 08:37:23 AM »

From what I have heard the executives of the JRDC is hard at work  organising the first leg of CMRC at Dover, May 26.

The grape vine  has it that Guyana will be sending a large team comprising G4 & G2 cars as well as motor cycles. Barbados is also planning their trip to Jamaica,

I would imagine that both of these countries would naturally like to take away the driver's and country's titles from Jamaica hence they will be sending their best competitors for the Group 4 class.

Can you imagine a line up of the fallowing Caribbean greats"
Mark Maloney( Jamaican's favourite) Doug Maloney, Andrew King, Mark Vieira, Kevin Jeffry,(New older of the South Dakota track record)
Paul Vieira.David Summerbell Jr. Peter Rae, Mathew Gore,Chris Campbell and Andre Anderson.
Of course  I expect the Group 2 cars will put on a good show, Thompson of Barbados will be gunning for Sebastian Rae and the Guyanese.

Offline charlie11

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2013, 10:29:59 AM »

Mark Maloney( Jamaican's favourite) Doug Maloney, Andrew King, Mark Vieira, Kevin Jeffry,(New older of the South Dakota track record)
Paul Vieira.David Summerbell Jr. Peter Rae, Mathew Gore,Chris Campbell and Andre Anderson.
Of course  I expect the Group 2 cars will put on a good show, Thompson of Barbados will be gunning for Sebastian Rae and the Guyanese.
Hillary a few of us have imagined that line up for a loooonnnng time, unfortunatley it always fails to produce the excitment one would expect from the hype on paper  [whistle]  [bike]
You can take the drunk out of the gutter, but you can`t take the gutter out from the drunk.
Some think Arrogance & Ignorance are one of the same, but Arrogance is more related to Immaturity& stupidity

Offline ЯāĢSpeEd نيسان

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • L5-VE
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »

Hillary a few of us have imagined that line up for a loooonnnng time, unfortunatley it always fails to produce the excitment one would expect from the hype on paper  [whistle]  [bike]

Agreed. The line up in terms of personnel always look good. Condition/performance of their machines @ Dover is another matter.

Peace
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:18:32 PM by ЯāĢSpeEd نيسان »
'Motivation without substance is hype...' 'WolVEpack ftw...'

Eagleye

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2013, 12:03:42 PM »

Almost always an anti-Climax  [2thumbsup]

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2013, 01:15:31 PM »
Gentlemen please forgive my ignorance but, I need for you guys to elaborate on your respective points, so that I can respond. I am at sea.

Offline RICHARD burns

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2013, 01:21:16 PM »
i am tryin to keep my intrest up in carribbean racing  which i lost some intrest in for the last two years.

some how i think kevin will gave summerbell a run for his money this time around. after seeing them at dover last year and in gt and now kevin has broken the focus record   

seem we in for a treat.

Eagleye

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »
i am tryin to keep my intrest up in carribbean racing  which i lost some intrest in for the last two years.

some how i think kevin will gave summerbell a run for his money this time around. after seeing them at dover last year and in gt and now kevin has broken the focus record   

seem we in for a treat.

Yes he will definitely give the king a run for his money, but barring no mishaps, deliberate blocking or Tyre issues, the King will prevail. Saw what he did with Kevin (My favourite Guyanese driver by the way) in that finish of all finishes at SD last year? used experience to clip his wings with a limping car. I was in the stand at the top of the straight before the start of the controversial race and asked if there was anyone in the stand wishing to bet me that the King win the race and was laughed at.. I was the only person jumping when the race ended. Its not easy to beat experience. I am sure Kevin was shocked at the being passed on the line after being in command of the straight every lap. Duh man nuh easy when he sits behind a steering wheel.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:13:16 PM by Eagleye »

Offline DKing

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »

seem we in for a treat.

Yes he will definitely give the king a run for his money, but barring no mishaps, deliberate blocking or Tyre issues, the King will prevail. Saw what he did with Kevin (My favourite Guyanese driver by the way) in that finish of all finishes at SD last year? used experience to clip his wings with a limping car. I was in the stand at the top of the straight before the start of the controversial race and asked if there was anyone in the stand wishing to bet me that the King win the race and was laughed at.. I was the only person jumping when the race ended. Its not easy to beat experience. I am sure Kevin was shocked at the being passed on the line after being in command of the straight every lap. Duh man nuh easy when he sits behind a steering wheel.

well said [applause]
Bless

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2013, 09:02:58 PM »
Guys,
 It is true that David beat Kevin on the line as a great race driver would. However in fairness to Kevin he fallowed the rules, that calls for negotating the corner not winning the race. David on the other hand thought that his goal was to win. Big mistake winning is not important as negotiating a corner is.

Offline toyracer

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2013, 09:10:55 PM »
Guys,
 It is true that David beat Kevin on the line as a great race driver would. However in fairness to Kevin he fallowed the rules, that calls for negotating the corner not winning the race. David on the other hand thought that his goal was to win. Big mistake winning is not important as negotiating a corner is.

Was it a GMRSC race or a CMRC race?

The two have different rules.

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »
TR. I am not sure, but I think the particular rule pertains to the track events not the class of races.

Offline gregorybrav4

• moving forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2013, 09:36:43 PM »
So when will the ASR for this race meet go out and whats the final say going to be?
In a world that is not enuff i am moving forward....