Details

Author Topic: How to convert TV/DVD screen to show english from Japaneese  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Gonzalezz

• View Profile
I have a 2004 Subaru Legacy. How do i get my tv/dvd/reserve camera to show in english? Currently everything is in Japanese

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:14:02 PM by Gonzalezz »

Offline SXE-3SGE

• View Profile
Re: How to convert TV/DVD screen to show english from Japaneese
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »
If you figure that out....don't stop there...find the cure for cancer and AIDs as well... [stretcher]

Offline gargamel

• 12.071 seconds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 02:08:49 PM »
If you figure that out....don't stop there...find the cure for cancer and AIDs as well... [stretcher]

[rofl]

Offline ///MTechnic

• "Bimmarution"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »
I have a 2004 Subaru Legacy. How do i get my tv/dvd/reserve camera to show in english? Currently everything is in Japanese

Yu know, one time when I had my Leggie I was backing up and got fightened as hell because my camera was showing a big a$$ Akita lying right behind my car.    When I came out to look tho it was just a fc#kin little 'mongrel'

what's the "reserve" camera by the way?   [rofl]

\\\"The World is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.\\" (Ivy Baker Priest

Offline Gonzalezz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 03:58:14 PM »

ok in other words it cant b done,.. anyone knows if any after market in-dash tv/dvd unit can hook up to the original reverse camera then ?

Offline ///MTechnic

• "Bimmarution"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 06:53:56 PM »

ok in other words it cant b done,.. anyone knows if any after market in-dash tv/dvd unit can hook up to the original reverse camera then ?

In reality, it can in fact be done; problem is you need to source the English programming DVD.  In response to your next question, yes an aftermarket unit will hook up once you have a good technician who can source teh right cable.

\\\"The World is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.\\" (Ivy Baker Priest

Offline Gonzalezz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 5, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »

In reality, it can in fact be done; problem is you need to source the English programming DVD.  In response to your next question, yes an aftermarket unit will hook up once you have a good technician who can source teh right cable.

an dem a gwaan like it can't be done.

Offline ///MTechnic

• "Bimmarution"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 5, 2013, 07:10:44 PM »

an dem a gwaan like it can't be done.

Of course it can be done, you could also win the lottery.

Offline perfectus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 7, 2013, 10:30:11 AM »
 [ponder]........... [rofl] [rofl]

Offline Gonzalezz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »
if its software it must be available on the internet somewhere for free... so when i find it, i'll be sure to sell it back for a arm and a leg.

Offline MadRas

• Speed never kills, its the sudden stop that does!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 10:00:04 AM »
Any of you guys know how to play IPOD through the stock radio? I hooked up mine and it is reading the iop but unfortunately i can't hear anything. keep getting an 'E0' message. Radio/cd/dvd plays well

Offline ///MTechnic

• "Bimmarution"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 06:34:41 PM »
Any of you guys know how to play IPOD through the stock radio? I hooked up mine and it is reading the iop but unfortunately i can't hear anything. keep getting an 'E0' message. Radio/cd/dvd plays well

Get one of those little FM modulator thingies ...............

Offline MadRas

• Speed never kills, its the sudden stop that does!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »

Get one of those little FM modulator thingies ...............
Bwoy, a waan tell i can't even do that again but have to get a new radio as took out the battery when we went to socoj roll out and the radio just stop working. techs say they don't know whats wrong.

Offline ///MTechnic

• "Bimmarution"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 06:56:04 PM »
Sounds like time to just invest in a new head unit then which will give you all the capabilities you need.   When I had my Leggie it had in the McIntosh system which my audio tech said he could wire in an Aux port to play iPod etc.   Think he said he could put it on teh minidisk inputs

Offline kaboom

• Wagon Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 01:30:13 PM »
Might as well you just change the radio and done, too much headache

Offline kevon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 11:52:48 AM »

while the ipod is playing along with the usb use a aux wire and then u will get the audio

Offline vtecamz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 10:58:23 AM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Use Google translate app and memorize it in English, did that with my crown and I know everything in the menu down to the wire