Details

Author Topic: SUGGESTION BOX  (Read 86485 times)

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2014, 06:20:47 PM »

[whistle] Consider re-branding JRDC along the lines of Rally Jamaica .........ie DBA .... Circuit Jamaica | Circuit Racing Jamaica or some other more instantly recognisable label. This should greatly assist any proposed transformation going forward.

Mismodify,
 Ever since my involvement with circuit racing in Jmaiaca(1970) we had the brandings listed below.You are now suggesting another change. I do not think this will make a difference but as the saying goes" nothing venture nothing gain".

Here goes" Jamaica Motor Racing Association, Jamaica Race Drivers Association, Motor Sports Jamaica,Motor Racing Jamaica,MIJAM, ProChamp and JRDC.---JMC/JMMC mainly runs rally

Mr,J.

Accepted Mr J ............ but one must admit that Rally Jamaica is an easily recognised Brand Locally & Internationally as well as the ease of identifying season just by adding the Year .......RJ13 , RJ14 etc.

Something JRDC dba Circuit (Racing) Jamaica (multi-track Racing Series Club) could consider under the new Business Plan going forward.
Circuit (Racing) Jamaica ..... CRJ14 | Dexterity - RallySport Jamaica ..... RSJ14 .....( or something along those lines) could be the next great Jamaican brand that fall under the JMMC umbrella. *edit*
Brands like Jamaican Tuner, Skunk Nation, Team Mobay ......... are unique brands. This is where brand merchandising kicks in !!!
Note: This would tie in nicely with the entry-level series proposal "Circuit Racing Champs | Circuit Jamaica Champs" = "Boys Champs" from Track & field .......... cannot join @DT and crew re:brainstorming so this is the next best thing.  Need to see our Circuit racing @ next level.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:51:20 AM by NISMODFY »

Offline BIGJUICE

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2014, 07:36:19 AM »
Nismodify... 

u could talk till u blue.. they will never get it...  All those clubs listed all take it to the basic level of what the average business person can do , but to take it over the hump and build a wicked brand, will never happen .... look at the one most obvious factor... How many of the members  are business owners... and how many of then use the JRDC as a viable avenue to market their products? They wont even invest in themselves...

Best of luck Jrdc for 2014...

Offline old roach

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2014, 08:38:19 AM »
Nismodify... 

u could talk till u blue.. they will never get it...  All those clubs listed all take it to the basic level of what the average business person can do , but to take it over the hump and build a wicked brand, will never happen .... look at the one most obvious factor... How many of the members  are business owners... and how many of then use the JRDC as a viable avenue to market their products? They wont even invest in themselves...

Your right there BJ   [help] [help] [help] [help] [help] [help] [help]
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2014, 08:49:06 AM »
Nismodify... 

Seems that all the basic ingredients & talent exist but somehow the mix is like oil & water instead of a Gel. Disappointed leadership has not engaged on debating ur advice re: the future. 
Barbados decided to go Corporate vs Club and set First World standards as their Goal. [ponder] 

Why the reluctance to partner with other groups with proven promotional core competencies or track assets to gain max synergies going forward ??? Increase the pie ur slice also gets larger. WIN WIN 4 all.
Hopefully @CEC is able to present a viable business plan properly vetted by other very successful business person(s) ... clear vision | mission statement ......

IMO ... get an "advisory board" with directors drawn from with very successful local brands - ATL Group, Motor Sales, Island Grill, (KFC)Restaurants Jamaica, Digicel, MegaMart, Knutsford Express etc to meet at least annually to provide periodic advice and review. Renumerate them with RaceDay perks if necessary.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:59:04 AM by NISMODFY »

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2014, 09:33:54 AM »
How many of the members  are business owners... and how many of then use the JRDC as a viable avenue to market their products? They wont even invest in themselves...
Charles Chen is.
I think I am.
We have both invested time and money in circuit racing...and large amounts of both.

Thanks for the best wishes for 2014. I am sure you will be present in judgement of success or failure during the year and hopefully beyond.

I do agree with many of your points and agree that the correct mix for sustainable growth has yet to be found.
Lets see what the future holds.
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2014, 11:13:30 AM »
Gentlemen, First of all I am pleased to see so many persons showing interest in the JRDC, circuit racing at Dover and Jamwest. So many new good suggestions and history have been written by several of us.
I do hope that some of you caring people will be a part of the new administration, we need people with vision and the will to work hard,
I trust too that other interested people have been paying attention to the exchanges of views by many on this forum.

Lets keep circuit racing alive.

Hilary J.

Offline Stoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »
Mr. J only the people directly involved in , or who have an avid interest in Jamaican Motorsports , immediately recognize "JRDC" as an acronym that has anything to do with racing. As physically close as Brown's Town is to Dover , you would still be hard pressed to find 10 people in that town who know what it stands for.

The organization has to find creative ways to make itself recognizable as a brand and diversify its interests to involve people/organizations outside of the realm of motorsports. You say that the club only has a few streams of income , maybe that's because hardly anyone knows who you are. I doubt that the club would be able to sell a hat or a T-shirt with its name or logo even at a race meet.

It's time for a different way of looking at things ,  and a few people on the forum have been trying to sell the concept of Brand Marketing but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. You have to fight for market share of whatever little disposable income is left out there - and give the people a reason to spend their valuable time and money at the race track.

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2014, 02:42:31 PM »
Stoppa,
Nicely put, I sinceerly hope that most if not all those persons writing and reading this forum will take your views seriously, and as import several of them will offer themselves for election to serve on the JRDC executive when the club holds it's AGM this month.

Mr.J.

Offline Stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2014, 04:24:57 PM »
Having worn both hats as racer and sponsor in the past, I still follow the local motorsports scene quite avidly. I hate to see the excuses and deemed obstacles that seems to hinder efforts to continue growth of our beloved Circuit racing.

Here is an option that I think is workable, given certain assumptions and based on what I have read on this website.
This suggestion is radical and will require all parties to get out of their comfort zones and pull together to make it work.
The main assumption is that JAMWEST is a feasible alternative to Dover, not just the track but adequate facilities including parking, spectator areas, restrooms, proximity of hotels, etc.

JRDC, JAMWEST, Drivers and Spectators are you ready? Here we go!

1) Renegotiate the Dover lease for a lower annual rent or better yet give it up altogether AND:
      There has to be a termination or escape clause in the lease. If the owners are bankrupt as is claimed, they would rather get some
      cash inflow rather than nothing for a property that has been tied up in litigation for several years. Even if it is an ironclad lease i.e.
      there is no way around paying the current rent, proceed to 2) below;

2) Sell JAMWEST the exclusive rights to Circuit Racing in Jamaica for an initial three (3) years with an option to renew :
      Circuit Racing is a product currently controlled by the JRDC that has value as evidenced by the attraction of large event sponsors.
      Dover is merely a venue. The combination of product and event sponsors could be sold for a fee that should ideally be a fixed sum
      plus a percentage of the GROSS gate proceeds (not NET). The latter provides an incentive for better accountability.
      (no need to be greedy... remember 5% of something  is always more than 20% of nothing).

3)  Partner with JAMWEST to provide the necessary skill sets to ensure successful events:
      Without the burden of preparing the Dover grounds and planning race meets, the JRDC could then focus on providing the Technical
      Rules and regulations, Scrutineers, Meet administration, Stewards, Timekeeping, etc.
      The executive and other committees are filled with a wealth of talent and expertise that could be made available as part of terms of
      the rights purchase mentioned in )2 above.

4) Lobby the Government / TDPCo to fix main roads leading to JAMWEST;
       With the Drivers being the attraction, efforts to facilitate travel and delivery of race cars and support equipment to the venue is
       essential. This may be a bit more of a challenge but the proximity of Negril & Montego Bay to JAMWEST makes the possibility of
       tapping into these markets more likely and adds an international flavor. (Hint: Mobay & Negril has more than twice the hotel rooms
       than the Ocho Rios to Discovery Bay corridor).

This plan would provide the JRDC with positive cash inflows without the headache of raising funds to stage each meet. Effectively, the risk is passed to the Owners of Jamwest, who will now be responsible for promotion of each event. They may choose to handle themselves or hire persons with the necessary expertise.

The Owners of JAMWEST have invested significantly to date and this would provide an opportunity for them to complete the necessary facility upgrades (if not already done), use the property for the purpose it was intended and pursue returns on their investment.

The Drivers will have a new facility to earn their stripes and the Spectators would have lots of excitement to look forward to.

Any takers??? 

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:42:19 PM by Stinger »
Diagnosis: Addicted.......I have a need 4 speed....

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2014, 10:05:53 PM »
Stinger, I read with interest your post and sinceerly hope that the owner(s) of Jmawest will approach the new JRDC committee to effect your suggestions.

Hilary J.

Offline toyracer

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2014, 10:40:07 PM »
In regard to #2: you cannot sell something you do not have.
https://www.facebook.com/NDRCSeries
Facebook, Instagram, twitter: @ndrcseries

Offline Stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »
In regard to #2: you cannot sell something you do not have.
Stephen, maybe "rights" may not be the appropriate term but surely you see the merit of my suggestion.
This is just one of a few revenue share options that may be pursued.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:23:00 AM by Stinger »
Diagnosis: Addicted.......I have a need 4 speed....

Offline BIGJUICE

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »
How many of the members  are business owners... and how many of then use the JRDC as a viable avenue to market their products? They wont even invest in themselves...
Charles Chen is.
I think I am.
We have both invested time and money in circuit racing...and large amounts of both.

Thanks for the best wishes for 2014. I am sure you will be present in judgement of success or failure during the year and hopefully beyond.

I do agree with many of your points and agree that the correct mix for sustainable growth has yet to be found.
Lets see what the future holds.

Hi DT...
        Wishing for only success.. Hope the new rules give the desired results of closer and more exciting racing...
solve the riddle of getting/attracting  more members / business owners to invest in ....club/events/ merchandising/ marketing ...and maybe the answer/ model to a sustainable ..happy... series sponsor may be found/ attracted.. 

Dont consider my self an expert enough to pass judgement, .... never have, never will... all i do is make suggestions..lol 

food for thought..

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:48:59 AM by BIGJUICE »

Offline Stoppa

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2014, 10:21:39 AM »
I'll sign up..... and pay up . How do I become a member? Will be there in February.

What is the date of the next General Meeting?

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2014, 04:02:26 PM »
Jayreup,
Read your post and thought I would share some thoughts with you. Most arce cars have one seat, the ones with two could be the standard cars, but do think the drivers have the time to drive around the track with spectators when he is testing the car, While on mthe trace he could well be communication with his pit crew and have no time to engage in cionversation with a spectator sitting by his side. Chances are after one lap he mayhave to retutrn to paddock to correctn a fault.

Motor racing is not a simple sport it's a man's game.

Mr.J.

Offline BIGJUICE

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:42:50 PM by BIGJUICE »

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 19, 2014, 02:09:19 PM »
Bigjuice, Most interesting, thanks, trust that our new, young, and  energitic (leaders )Executives will view same and use it to their advantage.

Mr.J.

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 19, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »
BigJuice great online resource(s) from Sporting Advantage Vids ................  [applause] [applause]
[wait] How to get Volunteers to Help your Sport !!

[idea] VOLUNTEER OFFICIALS JOB DESCRIPTIONS *edit*
« Last Edit: March 8, 2014, 07:57:26 PM by NISMODFY »

Offline BIGJUICE

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 19, 2014, 10:38:17 PM »
Making  it a top priority to gather statistics / demographics / information is crucial in the future ... thats all these experts use to measure what works and what doesnt, annndd,... deliver what the client / customer "DESIRES" (not want) !!!

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2014, 04:45:14 PM »

Gentlemen,Do not want to knock any of your ideas in fact I am known to encourage such it's a part of my success listening to new ideas.
 Lets deal with introducing track days, what does this require, rentingn the facility for $260,000.00, secure insurance $235,000.00, hire the services of marshalls, $ 260,000.00. Security ??????????????? Police. Doctors. Amblences. etc: I can go on.

The next suggestion was to have other events on race day. How do you do this, Lets deal with the racing, for get all the numerious other issues that have to be dealt with.
The track is closed and ticket sellers and security take control at 6.30am.start selling 7.00am.
 Oh yes there are three securiyt guards together chatting while people are parking their cars where they want to. Oh there are some other guards over yonda chatting while the situation is getting out hand. President going crazy have to get involve.

Track is closed for free practice at 8.00am, Not all marshalls in place,   Spectators cars cannot access in fieldpractice lining up.
Practice finish gate open

What next, In the mean time the office administrator and assistant  at the gate having problems with competitors, sponsors passes and others. President has to get involved.
Next official practice by class to begin, call the drivers some come some not. Get marshalls to mand the corners  and others to take up their positions.etc
 What next competitors briefing meeting, CoC waiting for the stragulars to arrive meeting finish.
While all this is happeniing scrutineer is hard at work.

The first of 12 events is called. By this time the hills are almost full with none paying spectators.

Now you guys try and fiit in all the additional functuions that according to you will make a difference to the financilas.

I can go on but lets stop here.

Mr.J.

Offline charlie11

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2014, 04:52:49 PM »

Gentlemen,Do not want to knock any of your ideas in fact I am known to encourage such it's a part of my success listening to new ideas.
 Lets deal with introducing track days, what does this require, rentingn the facility for $260,000.00, secure insurance $235,000.00, hire the services of marshalls, $ 260,000.00. Security ??????????????? Police. Doctors. Amblences. etc: I can go on.

The next suggestion was to have other events on race day. How do you do this, Lets deal with the racing, for get all the numerious other issues that have to be dealt with.
The track is closed and ticket sellers and security take control at 6.30am.start selling 7.00am.
 Oh yes there are three securiyt guards together chatting while people are parking their cars where they want to. Oh there are some other guards over yonda chatting while the situation is getting out hand. President going crazy have to get involve.

Track is closed for free practice at 8.00am, Not all marshalls in place,   Spectators cars cannot access in fieldpractice lining up.
Practice finish gate open

What next, In the mean time the office administrator and assistant  at the gate having problems with competitors, sponsors passes and others. President has to get involved.
Next official practice by class to begin, call the drivers some come some not. Get marshalls to mand the corners  and others to take up their positions.etc
 What next competitors briefing meeting, CoC waiting for the stragulars to arrive meeting finish.
While all this is happeniing scrutineer is hard at work.

The first of 12 events is called. By this time the hills are almost full with none paying spectators.

Now you guys try and fiit in all the additional functuions that according to you will make a difference to the financilas.

I can go on but lets stop here.

Mr.J.
Hillary now you have pointed out the issues, can you list the solutions?
You can take the drunk out of the gutter, but you can`t take the gutter out from the drunk.
Some think Arrogance & Ignorance are one of the same, but Arrogance is more related to Immaturity& stupidity

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2014, 05:14:35 PM »
 I got the impression that you think that I have failed so be it.

If you think that I did not take  necessary actions over the many years to keep the sport moving from strengt to strenght think again.

The record is there as proof that even a blind man can see.

What I really want is for this old out dated person (43 yerss in the sport in Jamaica alone) sit back and enjoy same while you and other knowledgeable persons move the sport forward.

You need to know that this stupid person that you and others would like to make a fool of, got involved with the sport at age 25 I am now 83 and here I am writng to you trying to keep the sport alive.

Oh by the the report I wrote above to which you atre referring I left out much more functions that a circuit event require but getting, on and can't remember them all.

Your friend,

Mr.J.

Offline charlie11

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »
I got the impression that you think that I have failed so be it.

If you think that I did not take  necessary actions over the many years to keep the sport moving from strengt to strenght think again.

The record is there as proof that even a blind man can see.

What I really want is for this old out dated person (43 yerss in the sport in Jamaica alone) sit back and enjoy same while you and other knowledgeable persons move the sport forward.

You need to know that this stupid person that you and others would like to make a fool of, got involved with the sport at age 25 I am now 83 and here I am writng to you trying to keep the sport alive.

Oh by the the report I wrote above to which you atre referring I left out much more functions that a circuit event require but getting, on and can't remember them all.

Your friend,

Mr.J.
Hillary untie the Knot in your underwear, it may pinch you ;).
I have said before I acknowledge & respect the work you have put into motor sports in the Caribbean, no disputing that.
If you look at all professional sports even the very successful ones, cannot hold on to the same management models & personal, they adapt & change with the environment that exist, so what models you may have used successful 5  or even 2 years ago may not be the right one in a present  environment, especially in our Caribbean motor racing fraternity where the mighty US dollar dictates our economy.
 I have read on this forum where several folks has offered suggestions only to be put down sarcastically by you & your reference to the past some years ago.
No disrespect, just an honest opinion.
Thanks for your contribution to motor sports.
You can take the drunk out of the gutter, but you can`t take the gutter out from the drunk.
Some think Arrogance & Ignorance are one of the same, but Arrogance is more related to Immaturity& stupidity

Offline charlie11

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »
Some more food for thought Hillary, the CMRC is your baby & rightly so, you have asked a few times for harmony between countries so the CMRC can be bigger& better or something to that effect.
How can one expect the various clubs within the Caribbean work together, when within clubs there so much animosity, in a country you have personnel from 2 clubs fighting, on that foundation you think your dreams can be realised?

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:34 AM »
Charley,
From all appearances Barbados seems to be moving in the right direction from reports the track should be ready for a meet in May. Guyana has had their AGM with a strong administration and they have already commenced running their 2014 events callendar.

The problem is with Jamaica.  What is surprising is that the JRDC has some good people on the executive body .Can't understand what is holding up the AGM, I doubt that it is the financial stateement. I say this because the Treasurer has always presented the financials at the AGM. If for some reason the statement is not ready then a motion can be moverd to suspend it's presentation (can later be tabled at a subsiquent membership meeting) and go on with the election of officers.

A concerned, slavish and out dated president. No I am not crying my eyes watering.

Mr.J.

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2014, 05:10:26 PM »
Here we the true motor racing lover are on this forum: Stoppa, Charley11,Toyracer,Dean Corrodus, Oldraoch Montii and several others writing about the state of circuit racing, showing interest and concern all in the hope of keeping it alive, but a lot of the top and other competitors and more importantly the directors absenting them selves from all the important points made in the interest of delovement of circuit racing.

All you bussy and important people please tell us what's going on.

Mr.J.

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2014, 07:02:05 PM »
Since the wrong impression was given about MIJAM I thought in the interest of truth I should provide the fallowing.

When Alfred Chen wound up Motor Sports Jamaica in early 1997 I was contracted on commission basis to rent the venue. After several discussions with various persons Don Evan agreed to have a meet. Do not want to go into the securing of the contrac and  dealings with the financials. Alls well that ends well.
The meet was held and was well organised with good spectator attendence.

After the meet I contacted Don on several occassions to continue the arrangemant,Not getting any positive response I wrote three letters no response. I then commence the canvasing for new people but without success. Time moving on and no racing at Dover, Alfred on my back.

Wanting to continue racing my son Rory and his friend Garry Grant approached me to form an organisation and operte it as business. Cut a long story short we formed a company Motor Racing Jamaica Ltd., and organised several exciting and profitable events until (the records will show that MRJ had the largest overseas contengent ever) While we were on a high doing well financilly a club came on the seen and arrange to get the drivers to boy cut MRJ. We wound up the company in the same legal way it started..

All factual.

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/18/this-offseason-f1-and-nascar-are-doing-whats-needed-to-stay-in-the-news/

........ one idea that has already been outlined and elicited a visceral, negative reaction from fans, observers and media members is that of double points for the 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ........ Solution for JamWest perhaps !!

[ponder] Getting people talking – for positive or negative reasons – is key to success in a crowded sports and entertainment landscape. Particularly so during your series’ respective off-season.

[whistle] Stagnation and complacency, on the other hand, fails to keep the news cycle moving.

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2014, 07:38:42 PM »
Nisnodified, You are so right, We have to keep the sport alive, weither negatrive or positive. Positive of course much better, but to not do anything is a position of the many loosers we have to deal with. Sit back and do nothing they think they are educated and we are stupid. At the end of the day we are the dowers. The are the lazy basrered.

BHIlary

Offline TundaBOLT...4GRacing.....

• Extreme Member
  • Life is short n you don't get repeats so LIVE IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 3, 2014, 09:20:12 PM »
I'm sorry HJ but sometimes you just sound really negative... It should be the job of the older n wiser to harness the energy of the youth n teach them how not tell them go start doing now without proper instruction. In this sense I think the previous admins have failed miserably.

I think Jamwest is far, but that is all relative to the product you are going for. I see people spend a pile o money (comparatively) to go watch Jazz n blues than Jamwest and are there for the full 3 nights and I would be much more willing to spend that money and time at Jamwest if it meant a decent weekend of races of varying nature and a decent place to stay over. The tent thing I saw some ppl do @ Rebel salute nah guh rerk fi me at all. The Knutsford Express travelling that some ppl did can also be looked into for Jamwest as an alternative so some ppl can rest up, sober up, drink up whatever on their way back to St. E, Gyaldeville, Spray Pen, Town or whereever.

Where exactly do we go to make suggestions/ volunteer with ppl who are really willing to work more than just talk again??
4G 4 EVA !!!!
470-8637

Offline Shifter Kart

• my jimmies remain unrustled
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • And God decreed onto SK, "Thou shalt rally."
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 3, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »

Where exactly do we go to make suggestions/ volunteer with ppl who are really willing to work more than just talk again??
here's your answer

http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/index.php?topic=212325.0

i hope all of you who have been making these suggestions go and sign up and take up roles.
Jetcon Racing
Official dealer for KW Suspension.

"He who knows how will always work for he who knows why."
- David Lee Roth

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 3, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »
will do, n if u reach n don't see me there please call me
4G 4 EVA !!!!
470-8637

Offline old roach

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 4, 2014, 10:06:52 AM »
I'm sorry HJ but sometimes you just sound really negative... It should be the job of the older n wiser to harness the energy of the youth n teach them how not tell them go start doing now without proper instruction. In this sense I think the previous admins have failed miserably.

I think Jamwest is far, but that is all relative to the product you are going for. I see people spend a pile o money (comparatively) to go watch Jazz n blues than Jamwest and are there for the full 3 nights and I would be much more willing to spend that money and time at Jamwest if it meant a decent weekend of races of varying nature and a decent place to stay over. The tent thing I saw some ppl do @ Rebel salute nah guh rerk fi me at all. The Knutsford Express travelling that some ppl did can also be looked into for Jamwest as an alternative so some ppl can rest up, sober up, drink up whatever on their way back to St. E, Gyaldeville, Spray Pen, Town or whereever.

You are right about people spending money to watch the jazz ans blues, here are some reasons ,1 its at night no sun naw bun you, 2 its soothing music ,3 its a different type of crowd 4 they want to see this annual event notice annual , with different artist every year so they look forward to this. oh its endorsed by the J T B as well .
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 4, 2014, 02:38:51 PM »

You are right about people spending money to watch the jazz ans blues, here are some reasons ,1 its at night no sun naw bun you, 2 its soothing music ,3 its a different type of crowd 4 they want to see this annual event notice annual , with different artist every year so they look forward to this. oh its endorsed by the J T B as well .

1 its at night no sun naw bun you

Jamwest has covered seating and partially lit course (the entire course maybe in the future)..... bring JAMWEST into the fold !!! 
[blackeye] *edit* [ponder]
Just letting everyone know that this is not good for Motorsports in Jamaica at all!
The US based drag racers that attended The End of Year Drags at Jamwest are pissed to say the least with Jamwest owner and Organizers.
They have one more week and that is it, the story will come out!
[ranting]

2 its soothing music
Themed events (Easter)....... Carnival vibe | Music (Neck beads for the Ladies w/ pre-paid ticket etc) ... After product development seek [wait] Jamaica Carnival endorsement, Partner with [wait] Event promoters in the neighborhood if synergistic.

3 its a different type of crowd

The ladies love "Jazz & Blues" and the men follow ...... Make Racing more appealing, comfortable for female fans (read: growth area) - Knutsford Express & bundled with VIP covered seating (separate from the "rough it" crowd).... Mkt research what women view as value added and address this - clean bathrooms etc. 

4 they want to see this annual event notice annual , with different artist every year so they look forward to this.

Use @BigJuice idea ...... Signature race @ each event. Ex CMRC | Vintage (Vermanfield) Race - Classic Car Show- Independence Event | Honda Spec Series - Ricer Car Show - Younger Demographic | Thundersport Finale w/ different foreign Car(s) invited each year (Heroes of Speed) | All female driver "Single seater open wheel racing" to keep it fresh @ some events.

oh its endorsed by the J T B as well .

ATL Group (Air J Mktg @ the time) lobbied JTB for endorsement. We chased them (ATL) away over a few tyres. SMH ...... Dun gone bad already !!! ......  Add "boost" to the Mkt team

In a nutshell ....... under promise & over deliver !!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:38:38 PM by NISMODFY »

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 4, 2014, 06:26:25 PM »
@Old Roach..... ^^^ not targeting U but providing possible solutions vs identifying problems.

here's your answer

i hope all of you who have been making these suggestions go and sign up and take up roles.

Great advice @SK but after watching ........

......... it more than just throwing more volunteers into the mix. The club need to put the right volunteer(s) in the right positions. The extras can understudy the experts to deepen the bench.

Offline old roach

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 4, 2014, 07:07:31 PM »
@Old Roach..... ^^^ not targeting U but providing possible solutions vs identifying problems.

here's your answer

Great advice @SK but after watching ........

......... it more than just throwing more volunteers into the mix. The club need to put the right volunteer(s) in the right positions. The extras can understudy the experts to deepen the bench.
Even if you are targeting me its not a problem you are free to post .
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 8, 2014, 10:10:08 AM »
Use @BigJuice idea ...... Signature race @ each event ......*edit*...... Vintage (Vermanfield) Race - Classic Car Show- @ Independence Event ............

Even if you are targeting me its not a problem you are free to post .

A fantastic response  "as a potential VP nominee" would have been to expound on the "Vintage (Vermanfield) race concept" a passionate era of yours and use this as another one of ur election platforms. Jus sayin !! [eyebrows]

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 8, 2014, 10:17:41 AM »
vintage car racing??

dweet yute dweet [winner][winner]
4G 4 EVA !!!!
470-8637

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2014, 02:04:45 PM »
Bathurst live coverage Fri Feb 7, 2014 4:00pm EST — Sun Feb 9, 2014 6:35pm EST : http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/live/

JamWest Speedway in association with Circuit(Racing)Jamaica by JRDC.org

presents ......................  JAMWEST 12Hr  [wacko] JAMWEST 2Hr Race [ponder] JAMWEST 1Hr Signature Race.  [winner]

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:39:54 PM by NISMODFY »

Offline Shifter Kart

• Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2014, 09:22:28 AM »
so were nismodify, tundabolt et al at the meeting last night?
Jetcon Racing

- David Lee Roth

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »

Cool front in Florida ...... couldn't leave ... [cheeky] .... but seriously not a JA resident so maybe in the future with plenty of notice anything is possible.

Offline Shifter Kart

• Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »

Cool front in Florida ...... couldn't leave ... [cheeky] .... but seriously not a JA resident so maybe in the future with plenty of notice anything is possible.
arite sah i hear you. [thumbsup]

wah bout everyone else?
Jetcon Racing

- David Lee Roth

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2014, 06:09:14 PM »
had an emergency at work :(

I'll keep quiet going forward
4G 4 EVA !!!!
470-8637

Offline Shifter Kart

• Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 1, 2014, 08:33:44 AM »
had an emergency at work :(

I'll keep quiet going forward
just because you missed the meeting doesnt mean you cant still help out.  [nod] can still contact the club and offer services [thumbsup]
Jetcon Racing

- David Lee Roth

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 1, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »
Shiftier Kart, Nicely written. The president of the JRDC has always and will always welcome any assistance and practical suggestions to the furtherance of the club.

Mr.J.

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2014, 07:05:53 PM »
........I would like to see some drifting during the down time at Dover..............

Photo credit - Jamaican_Tuner

[thumbsup]

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »
Have a recruitment drive at the track/ booth - maybe get some of those street racers to become members of the JRDC . This will not only bolster the club's coffers but help to mitigate the problem of road fatalities.

Then have track days so they get to showcase their talent and utilize the tracks between official meets = more revenue

[thumbsup]

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2014, 07:09:43 PM »
Would love Jamwest and Dover to regularly post pics / video of any Facility improvements on WJ or facebook.

Photo credit - Dean Corrodus

[thumbsup]