Details

Author Topic: SUGGESTION BOX  (Read 86479 times)

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2016, 12:08:33 AM »
Interesting Series concept ..... 2K CUP ..... http://2kcup.com 

Highlights ... 1 Hour season finale ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbMQvpbAPxs

See buyout rule .... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fwQ7Jqy0dnXpvbmsmTNNV4KpauNqVWbCbuT4wQyEnmM/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Offline redmon_badone

• Rev Till Your Heart Stops
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 22, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »
DOES THE JRDC DO TIME ATTACK EVENTS OR OPEN TRAK DAY EVENTS ?

LETS SAY I WANTED TO HAVE A TRACK DAY AT JAMWENST. JUST GO AND HAVE A TIMED LAP AT JAM WEST. IS THERE SUCH A THING?

OR CAN I JUST GO AND PAY AND DRIVE ON THE TRACK?

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2017, 01:24:44 PM »
The JRDC is not a limited Liability Company.It comprises of volunteers giving their services free of cost to the club, unlike the officials around the track on race days who are paid by the club.

To modify/upgrade the facility as some people are suggesting will require the approval of the owner of the property and  the other owners whose property the club/facility is encroaching, and find the cash to do so.Do you know how much the JRDC pays to rent the facility? Do you think the owner bush the facility and have it ready for a meet ? She provides a tractor that is maintained by the club at a high cost. Who pays the electricity bills for the facility? Have you got any ideas how much it cost the club to import race cars from overseas for a meet. I can go on.
Mr.J.

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 5, 2017, 10:28:18 AM »
Circuit Zandvoort (https://www.instagram.com/circuitzandvoort) layout is the direction JamWest layout improvements could emulate ... imo. JW back stretch + technical features. Any thoughts wheelers?

Circuit Zandvoort ....Live Pit cam ..... http://www.circuitzandvoort.nl/nl/pitcam

« Last Edit: May 5, 2017, 10:31:12 AM by Nismodfy »

Offline don

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 5, 2017, 12:26:11 PM »
The JRDC is not a limited Liability Company.It comprises of volunteers giving their services free of cost to the club, unlike the officials around the track on race days who are paid by the club.

To modify/upgrade the facility as some people are suggesting will require the approval of the owner of the property and  the other owners whose property the club/facility is encroaching, and find the cash to do so.Do you know how much the JRDC pays to rent the facility? Do you think the owner bush the facility and have it ready for a meet ? She provides a tractor that is maintained by the club at a high cost. Who pays the electricity bills for the facility? Have you got any ideas how much it cost the club to import race cars from overseas for a meet. I can go on.
Mr.J.

All good questions so please enlighten us with the answers as since your tenure there have not been financial statements on the running of the club shared with the membership.

Offline don

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 5, 2017, 12:34:45 PM »
Circuit Zandvoort (https://www.instagram.com/circuitzandvoort) layout is the direction JamWest layout improvements could emulate ... imo. JW back stretch + technical features. Any thoughts wheelers?

Not sure what your concerns are with Jam West. Track seems okay imo.....

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 6, 2017, 07:58:01 AM »
Attempting to play "devil's advocate" to elicit some discussion. For discussion sake ... an additional technical feature could be a plus on the back stretch. The jury is still out on the "fun factor" of new extension. Hopefully the CMRC organisers test it's design at race pace b4 the actual event to avoid the usual back and forth about its use.

Offline nmack

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 6, 2017, 08:39:13 AM »
Jam West is a much faster track than any other that is in the Caribbean.... I believe the safety aspect was why the FIA rep wanted a "bus stop" or chicane put in on the back stretch. The run offs aren't the very best but I believe that it is far safer than Dover in that respect....there are no run offs at Dover. Respect to the track owner for building this track and it is a pity there is only one race there per year.

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 6, 2017, 11:42:23 AM »
Don, Fallowing your post that  fallowed mine of April 14 I am a bit confused. When I resigned from the JRDC I left more money in the bank that you can count and the club in good standing.I left the JRDC on a high. Ever since my departure the club obviously took a dive.(LIKE IT OR NOT) Stop finger pointing at my direction deal with those took control after my leadership.

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 6, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »
N  Mark to make a statements as you did is stretching it. Have you raced in Guyana or Trinidad where you can reached  speeds of over 112 -120 miles per hour? Be careful how you make unfounded statements.

Offline nmack

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 6, 2017, 07:31:08 PM »
Hilary....maybe if you ask Doug, David, Kyle or any of the overseas drivers what speeds they hit at Jam West front straight then we can discuss mph and which track has the higher speed. ..Let me know what they tell you thanks.

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 7, 2017, 11:46:48 AM »
Mr. J., in truth, no other track in the English speaking Caribbean or any of the other tracks in current use by the CMRC do the top class cars reach a higher terminal velocity than that at Jamwest. The Audi TT was clocking 154mph or above if I remember correctly.
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 7, 2017, 02:43:26 PM »
NMack/Dean, Gentlemen, Thanks for your contributions.I think I was misunderstood, I made no comparison with the size of  Jamwest as apposed to Dover. I do believe however Dover is more spectators friendly.I will walk the track when I get there this month.

DEan, do know how many cars from Guyana, Trinidad,Barbados and the Cayman Island coming for the CMRC meet at Jamwest this month.?

Mr.J

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 9, 2017, 08:49:09 AM »
Guys, Not seeing any write ups on the Jamwest met this month. To attract spectators we have to keep informing on the meet. By now we should know the names of the overseas competitors that will be competing in this meet consequently I would suggest that some one on the management committee promote the meet on this media and the press. Guyana is capable of sending lots of motor cycles and a few cars, Trinidad lost of cars.

LETS HEAR WHATS HAPPENING.-------- PROMOTE PROMOTE