Details


Author Topic: SUGGESTION BOX  (Read 91032 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »
Quote
My suggestion to JRDC.

When a WJ user offers to help the club, a member of leadership team responds publicly to the offer and follows up privately with user to determine if help is required or not. Helps transparency and WJ +ve vibes going forward.

Current offers on the table re: JRDC Website development ....... apologies if I've omitted anyone!

I might be wasting my time here because I have seen others offer to help with the website and still nothing... But here goes... I would be more than happy to assist with updating the website....

......... I know that Montii offered to help update the website months ago. ........

Offering to help with the JRDC website as well.

Offline TWILIGHT PERFORMANCE

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 224
  • Gender: Male
  • View profile for shop details
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2013, 07:43:02 AM »
Quote
My suggestion to JRDC.

When a WJ user offers to help the club, a member of leadership team responds publicly to the offer and follows up privately with user to determine if help is required or not. Helps transparency and WJ +ve vibes going forward.

Current offers on the table re: JRDC Website development ....... apologies if I've omitted anyone!

I might be wasting my time here because I have seen others offer to help with the website and still nothing... But here goes... I would be more than happy to assist with updating the website....

......... I know that Montii offered to help update the website months ago. ........

Offering to help with the JRDC website as well.

Promoting above /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ [applause] [applause]
Currently base in Miami, FL.
Parts question please whatsapp 786-344-8220

Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2013, 01:12:21 PM »
Suggestion for inclusion in future Website Content .......... before the changing of the guards, JRDC should produce some interviews .......
.... to document our former, current & future stars, used as lead in to SportsMax broadcasts and/or linked to Car & Driver profiles on website. Definite no-brainer.

Also the inclusion of more race teams "Go-Pro in-car HD footage" ........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCk9nHinP3I

.... in JRDC End-of-Year Summary vids would greatly enhance fan "favorite" perception of the sport. (Places fans inside the racecar)

Remember WJ users exist in the "sweet spot" of motorsports info. Virtual Motorsports bubble. The wider fanbase is usually not privy to such resources / Vids. Let's keep focus on average fans to increase wider interest and crowd participation on raceday.

DT & Teach, u both had Executive Producer credits in End-of-Year Race summaries. Over to you gentlemen. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:23:24 PM by NISMODFY »

Offline Duct Tape

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12493
  • Gender: Male
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2013, 04:20:27 PM »
What those videos show more than anything else is the desperate need that exists for drivers to take marketing courses in order to better sell themselves to fans and advertisers.
Its done for championship series entries elsewhere. Jamaica needs it.
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2013, 05:24:38 PM »
Tend to agree DT ............... David Jr , Zoom Zoom & Hollywood however interview well on camera ........
 [thumbsup] ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAXFHsfsPDw

JRDC may need to run a Self-marketing / Promotion courses with Drivers to improve sponsorship levels.

 [whistle] .... Been there, done that ... http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/index.php?topic=136604.0
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:52:52 PM by NISMODFY »

Offline BIGJUICE

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2535
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2013, 06:48:58 PM »
What those videos show more than anything else is the desperate need that exists for drivers to take marketing courses in order to better sell themselves to fans and advertisers.
Its done for championship series entries elsewhere. Jamaica needs it.


Start with a total new thinking .... definition of fan base and sponsor base...

Fan base ....
               If the track is at the center, project several radius of say 10, 20 30 40 and 50 miles... if you can get 60%  ( or break even number) of patrons from this demographic, it should make it more sustainable as a venue.  The aspect of being a part of this "commuity" as a club will be fostering good will and brand loyalty in the long run, and mat even increase the club membership, even if they are not drivers, but could become marshals, etc
          I would suggest raising the childrens age for free entry on your meet with lowest attandance...and lots more membership perks, to increase membership, hence revenue, manpower, lobby power, etc..

 Sponsor base....
                 Same concept, as several small sponsors , if sold the right promotion  package with lots of benifits for their brand recognition, could be convinced to do group marketing along with the clubs package. The goals must be specific in this area where a sustainable plan can be  implemented continuously 12 months of the year.

             




Offline old roach

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5071
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
Yes help is needed but at dover the hype helps the other interviews.
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Stoppa

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 920
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »
The support for the new initiative has been overwhelming.

Props to Twilight for creating a dedicate thread for supporters to have a place to put their suggestions and ideas.

No comments yet though from the people who have the power to put any of these ideas into effect.

Do any of these ideas even have a hope of being utilized (to date they haven't even been acknowledged) or are we just pi..ing in the wind ?

Maybe I am just too doubtful.... oh me of little faith. Certainly there is a dedicated someone within the ranks of the JRDC who is very carefully collating all of this precious brainstorming and has already contacted the volunteers , with a plan to implement  whatever is feasible as soon as is possible.

That being the case I can certainly understand why they have been too busy to post a response to this thread.

Offline Duct Tape

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12493
  • Gender: Male
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2013, 08:12:08 PM »
Stoppa, you indeed have great faith,,,much more than me...
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline Stoppa

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 920
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 08:20:03 PM »
LOL ... DT I am hanging on and hoping  just a little bit longer. I am going to keep knocking ...somebody's got to be home.

Offline TWILIGHT PERFORMANCE

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 224
  • Gender: Male
  • View profile for shop details
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »
@ Stoppa , I hope you not knocking the door of an abandoned home. LOL - no negativity here but I had to laugh
I'm pretty sure 2 weeks before the next event our thread will be looked at.................
Currently base in Miami, FL.
Parts question please whatsapp 786-344-8220

Offline old roach

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5071
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2013, 01:46:27 PM »
@ Stoppa , I hope you not knocking the door of an abandoned home. LOL - no negativity here but I had to laugh
I'm pretty sure 2 weeks before the next event our thread will be looked at.................
People that come and read under hidden can be said ppl you and me stoppa are hoping take a look .
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Stoppa

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 920
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »
How about a dedicated " RACE PARTS FOR SALE /WANTED" thread in the Motor Sports section.

It would be nice to be able to shop for or sell race specific items without having to weed through all the other stuff.

Of course the minimum requirements would still apply.


Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »
............ Do any of these ideas even have a hope of being utilized (to date they haven't even been acknowledged) or are we just pi..ing in the wind ?
...... all this time I thought "it" was morning dew blowing in the wind @ the dawning of a new day on WJ. [dwl] .... Just having some fun guys. +ve vibes still a gwan.

I digress  ........ here are some other ideas being used .......  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX0XBxOEinY
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:42:31 PM by NISMODFY »

Offline Duct Tape

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12493
  • Gender: Male
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »
I dont want to be the one to sound negative or anything guys, but whatever gave anyone on here the idea that there was a change a comin'?
I mean, outside of offers to help and such, what exactly gave he impression of a new day dawning?
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline A.Wayne

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2782
    • View Profile
    • TPG
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2013, 04:45:07 PM »
They have a dream ................. [cheeky] [bike]
NOTE:  Warning R-Rated discussion ahead ......
Instagram:tpgracer

Offline TWILIGHT PERFORMANCE

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 224
  • Gender: Male
  • View profile for shop details
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2013, 05:17:29 PM »
They have a dream ................. [cheeky] [bike]

"HOPE" [reallysad]

Apart from hoping things will change into something more exciting, these WJ threads keep me entertained on the job and chatting to good people.
Currently base in Miami, FL.
Parts question please whatsapp 786-344-8220

Offline Stoppa

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 920
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
I really feel that there was a change in how we as group of motorsport enthusiasts /competitors outside of the official organization felt about how we could collectively make a difference.

I felt a positive vibe - still do - and I am going to ride that wave all the way to the end.

I can already hear the sighs - "poor Stoppa..him soon learn"

Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2013, 06:06:01 PM »
Well an update from Team Texaco/ LueBoys.
As everyone saw the car was a bit off last meet, we had a few minor problems.
but we've come up with a plan to move forward.

As for the meet itself- I made some suggestions in the Last Dover thread.
I've already put a few things in place.
Had a meeting with Chevron and they loved the idea of having the car on display at their stations.
So My Texaco Civic race car 2 weeks prior to the event will go on display at Different TEXACO Stations around the island.
I will be displaying the DATE on the car big and bold.
Teach- i'll put someone onto you for the sale of tickets at their locations.

Another idea for social media-
We can possibly create a VIP package for 2 lucky winners (1 guest each)
So you do a raffle on Social media with a question and some sort of submission and have 2 ppl win.
Lets say.... to enter you have to POST the flyer on your wall... and who ever has the most shares/ likes or whatever
will win.
This way you have ppl working for you to promote the event.

TEACH:
for this meet, can make this a group effort.
So can marketing ideas be shared and updated on the forum if possible?

So lets say that you are planning on doing an article on Samantha Summerbell.
Can you make mention that you are planning on doing one and then when it will run.

I really am hoping for a more collective effort among everyone and i hope that we all do a little.
It doesn't take money to assist the sport. Just ideas and us all chipping in.
We as drivers have sponsors that support either the track or our cars.
I'm Sure that our sponsors would love the additional exposure by us as drivers including them in different promotional events.

My .2

Thanks Chiney_Dolly...................Re-posted from another thread, for easier collation of suggestions by JRDC team.

Teach

  • Guest
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2013, 06:26:11 AM »
We are reading everything here, have faith.


Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2013, 06:37:37 AM »
We are reading everything here, have faith.
@Teach ..... response appreciated. [thumbsup]  Hopefully some suggestions help to make 2014 a Banner year.

Offline Duct Tape

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12493
  • Gender: Male
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2013, 07:45:37 AM »
For Stoppa and those who desire to keep the faith, an inspirational word that we could all be encourgaed by:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXN0KXBunI
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline Stoppa

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 920
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2013, 07:59:37 AM »
We are reading everything here, have faith.
@Teach ..... response appreciated. [thumbsup]  Hopefully some suggestions help to make 2014 a Banner year.


x2

@ Dean ... thanks for the inspirational video.

Offline Duct Tape

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12493
  • Gender: Male
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2013, 02:36:41 PM »
I listened to parts of a sermon today and would like to share this:
Every time we are tempted to criticize, we should try to pray for the individual/situation. We don't know what the person/s is going through. Each of us is human and can and will fail, but it's not in the falling that we truly fail, but in the inability or refusal to learn from a fall.
We all fall down. "and a saint is just a sinner that got up".
The chairman isn't any less human than any of his many critics and is facing challenges in several areas even outside of motorsports, so I would suggest we allow the responsible persons the time to attend their responsibilities.
I for one don't necessarily believe in such drastic measures as a vote of no confidence, and believe that elected/appointed individuals should serve out their tenure, regardless of the outcome.
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline old roach

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5071
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2013, 06:31:23 PM »
I listened to parts of a sermon today and would like to share this:
Every time we are tempted to criticize, we should try to pray for the individual/situation. We don't know what the person/s is going through. Each of us is human and can and will fail, but it's not in the falling that we truly fail, but in the inability or refusal to learn from a fall.
We all fall down. "and a saint is just a sinner that got up".
The chairman isn't any less human than any of his many critics and is facing challenges in several areas even outside of motorsports, so I would suggest we allow the responsible persons the time to attend their responsibilities.
I for one don't necessarily believe in such drastic measures as a vote of no confidence, and believe that elected/appointed individuals should serve out their tenure, regardless of the outcome.
Nice idea but it all depends on if said person is willing to compromise , at the same time a club meeting needs to be called .like yesterday to much at stake that needs to be talked about , especial all these ideas given.
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2013, 10:07:54 AM »
We are reading everything here, have faith.

JRDC team should reach out to Ministry of Education & High School Principals to feature smaller local race teams & cars on Sports Day in respective parishes. Female drivers/cars paired with All-Girl schools for max effect when possible.
Include video game simulations as part of visit, such as  .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTCmNwK_SFA
to get kids fully engaged.

Springboard off suggestion:
 
.......... Do you have any idea how much it means to a parent have his/her child be able to say he/ she met and spoke with his/her favourite driver ?  .........  Make fans of the kids and their parents will follow .........

This initiative will hopefully also invest in future fans for the Next generation of JRDC leaders.

Offline BIGJUICE

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2535
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
I listened to parts of a sermon today and would like to share this:
Every time we are tempted to criticize, we should try to pray for the individual/situation. We don't know what the person/s is going through. Each of us is human and can and will fail, but it's not in the falling that we truly fail, but in the inability or refusal to learn from a fall.
We all fall down. "and a saint is just a sinner that got up".
The chairman isn't any less human than any of his many critics and is facing challenges in several areas even outside of motorsports, so I would suggest we allow the responsible persons the time to attend their responsibilities.
I for one don't necessarily believe in such drastic measures as a vote of no confidence, and believe that elected/appointed individuals should serve out their tenure, regardless of the outcome.


true words DT...

                 Can anyone say which "model" is being used to operate club to stage the events... ie ..what are the long term and short, medium term goals?
           
               I ask, so suggestions could be tailored along those lines and try to help make them reality.

Looking at some numbers and thought, I would really need to have an idea of what the goals are, to make realistic suggestions.

for instance...
                Lets say an event costs on average $3,000,000.00 ...the a crowd of paying patrons would have to be (@$1200.00 )...2500 to break even. Not so bad...

             At $600.00 per ticket , we need 5000 people.....

Now which is easier to achieve?  Of course, now we have to take the model into account and see....

IIIIIFFFFFF  the goal is to get the racing packaged into a credible product for TV airplay in some kind of format, then i think they are not on the right path... thinking of gate receipts as the source of income after 10 years, is not the sustainable model, and will always have to be trying to reinvent means of trying to get the crowd in, aka "killah"....

              The use of alternative entertainment is not a bad idea in itself, but could have been done on say the Saturday, with qualifying, at $350.00 for 1000 people, and break even...and be able to measure if it was a success, as a feature attraction for that day only, and promopte that seperately for the crowd that would fancy that...

                Imho,  my I suggest moving forward, think about this... what is the one thing the club needs to do to attract a major title sponsor, to cover all expenses, and fit the revenue generating model being used, or want to use??

              Over to the execs now, to give us some hints and then we can brainstorm that...

PS... I just threw some numbers out, as the actual cost i assume are going to be way off....

Offline gregorybrav4

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1447
  • Gender: Male
  • moving forward
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2013, 07:06:07 PM »
Venue + Date + Act + Proper Planning + Advertising =  [ponder] +


How important are these.

Venue. =

Date. =

Act. =
 
Proper Planing. =

Advertising.=






In a world that is not enuff i am moving forward....

Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #78 on: September 6, 2013, 11:47:30 AM »
Vending Suggestion for JamWest. Create concrete pads with "camper attachments" for Food service trucks such as,
Island Grill - http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20130901/auto/auto3.html
Tastee - http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20130825/auto/auto5.html
etc, instantly creates upscale vendor area, reduces infrastructure development costs and immediately adds top notch brands to ur facility.

Social Media Suggestion - Jamwest & Dover(JRDC)
 
Copy these guys (SkunkNation) and control ur Web narrative to define ur BRAND

https://www.facebook.com/SkunkNationJa & Skunknation TV - http://www.youtube.com/skunknationtv
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:24:05 PM by NISMODFY »

Offline old roach

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5071
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #79 on: September 6, 2013, 04:51:49 PM »
Next incoming prezi , listen good to the core , try to correct the simple problems , timing , scales , log books, cc checking. Dont talk down to those that will be working with you, dont micro manage them either.
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2013, 12:52:05 PM »
Thought I'd throw another idea into the mix.

Because of Race fans innate bias for one production car or another and the desire by some Racers for production spec series @ race meets to control costs, a possible way to evolve into this would be to using the existing stock of race cars to "condition" the fans for this type of racing.


Proposal

Have a manufacturer/Model specific race with "staggered start & mixed bracket" racing @ each race meet (JamWest / Dover)...... no points race at end of test & Tune to develop Saturday attendance (or part of Sunday program).

Example

Event #1 - Honda Civic EF, EG, EK  series sponsored by Auto Parts distributor related to Model series eg Honda - ATL Honda or Superior Auto etc





















Event #2 - Mitsubishi Evo sponsored by Motor Sales or relevant Evo Parts store











Win Win .....
  • Sponsor gets Race Ad mention
  • focused Marketing tie-in with Specific Model Auto parts
  • gets to place some level of sponsorship on podium winners race cars for specific period
and Race teams podium winners get parts credit from $$ponsor.

Future sponsored series (fan favorites) could be
Nissan Pulsar, Sunny / Suzuki Swift / Toyota ??? / Kia ??? / Ford ??? / VW Gti / Subaru Impreza WRX

*Added info*

Benefits of a "model specific handicap series" are
 
1) The Spectacle of it, as it relates to non-sophisticated race fans
2) Bragging rights among racers within Manfacturer/Model class..... (similar effect as Drag racing)
3) Race promoters / marketers offering highly targeted Sponsorship program to clients

Additional spin-off may be the encouragement new entry-level competitors to circuit racing with the HYPE to rep their Model & ensure a quorum of cars for future sponsored races. (After Civic & Evo series .... Nismo, Subbie & Toy man dem waa rep)
If a popular series results, manufacturer reps eg Toyota (JA), Executive Motors, KIG etc may be pitched to get more involved.

Logistics: ... If done @ end of Qualifying day there should be less reliability issues but also less fans. If done on RaceDay.... reliability, post raceday program, may result in not enough slated model specific entrants to satisfy the $ponsor & Fan$ & ...... the temptation would then be to just have another mixed racing event which occurred all day.

Possible Solution: ..... First race on Raceday to get the fans excited & series drivers warmed up !!!  IMO TS class races should be final bookmark ....... Question: What to do with the crossbreeds?  [noclue]

My $0.02



*edit* images
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:57:46 PM by NISMODFY »

Offline toyracer

  • WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 13645
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »
That's similar to Chris Cambell's idea for a Handicap Race at the end of a race day.

Nice twist on the idea.
https://www.facebook.com/NDRCSeries
Facebook, Instagram, twitter: @ndrcseries

Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2013, 02:48:41 PM »
That's similar to Chris Cambell's idea for a Handicap Race at the end of a race day.

Nice twist on the idea.

 [nod] Just a bit of Brain Storming to keep the "Suggestion Box" active. Thank u 4 info TR.

Offline old roach

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5071
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »
A series like spec mita would be nice , but the top racers might not want to parade their skills and be shown up by some likkle unknown driver lol dwl.
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Nismodfy

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2195
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2013, 03:09:02 PM »
That's similar to Chris Cambell's idea for a Handicap Race at the end of a race day.

Nice twist on the idea.

Quote
The suggestion put forward by Chris Campbell to have a Handicap Race at the end of a race day definitely has merit. As he stated, this can be accomplished with standing starts at different sections of the track. A staggered start with the faster cars appropriately staged a calculated amount of distance/time behind the slower cars will be very entertaining for the spectators.

Offline Hilary

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2374
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2013, 12:09:38 PM »
Re: Hanidicap Racing:

We have had handicap races before, it being the last race for the day and attracted lots of cars on the grid. Spectators enjoyed it, so too were the competitors. Cars are gridded by their best times in standing start grid positions.

Dean (DT) you should give this serious thoughts, it's one sure way to win spectators interest.

Mr.J.

Offline Duct Tape

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12493
  • Gender: Male
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
Update:
The chairman of the JRDC, Mr. Norman Minott, backed by the sitting executive, is committed to ensuring the proper sustainable development of Jamaica's circuit racing product that will see increased partnerships with advertisers, competitors, spectators, service providers, affiliate clubs and organisations and the public. Several meetings have been held to arrive at the most practical solution regarding the way forward as both the club and the nation face challenging situations.

Work on the Dover venue has already started ahead of the October 21 race date.
This will be a one day race meet. Monday, October 21, 2013.

The timing loop antenna for the mylaps timing system has been acquired by the JRDC and will be installed before the end of this week and a test session conducted by Neil Williams of the JKA.
As originally planned for the August meet, both the Kronos and the mylaps system will be run in tandem for this meet with approximately 20 competitors using the mylaps system.

There are competitors who participate in karting or who have connections to karting competitors who own their own transponders and these will be used by them (Summerbell, Gore, Rae, Moodies), as well as there will be about 10 additional transponders to be used by select others.

The club is planing on an aggressive marketing drive for the October meet as it seeks to partner with drivers and their sponsors in the promotion of the circuit racing product across the island, with a specific emphasis as suggested by club members of using the pertoleuom companies as centres for advertising, promotion and ticket selling.


More to follow...





Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline Stoppa

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 920
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2013, 08:16:06 PM »
Kudos to all who worked to make this event a success and congratulations to all the participants.
One  way to ensure that the competitors are all brought up to speed is by having the most salient points in print and hand the drivers a copy when they are being scrutineered. I know this is out of the norm but probably significant enough to warrant a one time thing.
And how about a whiteboard , or some other means , with the names and functions of all the  event officials , working on a particular race day , displayed during the event , in a prominent place like the scale area
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:32:00 PM by Stoppa »

Offline Duct Tape

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 12493
  • Gender: Male
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »
Great idea Stoppa,
What you are suggesting actually exists in principle if not always in practice: its called the Additional Supplementary Regulations or ASRs.
It is usually published right here on wheelsjamaica weeks before the event, on the JRDC website and available at the JRDC office.
It is usually posted on the 2 notice boards in the paddock area and is available at the drivers meeting before the event.
The ASRs have all the pertinent information for each specific event, regulations, procedures and has the list of officials working that event.
It also has the event schedule/programme, so one can follow the sequence of events for the day.

I will publish the one for the upcomming meet and ensure that I walk everyone through its fine points right here on wheels.
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline old roach

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5071
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »
Great idea Stoppa,
What you are suggesting actually exists in principle if not always in practice: its called the Additional Supplementary Regulations or ASRs.
It is usually published right here on wheelsjamaica weeks before the event, on the JRDC website and available at the JRDC office.
It is usually posted on the 2 notice boards in the paddock area and is available at the drivers meeting before the event.
The ASRs have all the pertinent information for each specific event, regulations, procedures and has the list of officials working that event.
It also has the event schedule/programme, so one can follow the sequence of events for the day.

I will publish the one for the upcomming meet and ensure that I walk everyone through its fine points right here on wheels.
Yes sir you do just that now maybe people will understand the importance of the ASR .
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Stoppa

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 920
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
Great idea Stoppa,
What you are suggesting actually exists in principle if not always in practice: its called the Additional Supplementary Regulations or ASRs.
It is usually published right here on wheelsjamaica weeks before the event, on the JRDC website and available at the JRDC office.
It is usually posted on the 2 notice boards in the paddock area and is available at the drivers meeting before the event.
The ASRs have all the pertinent information for each specific event, regulations, procedures and has the list of officials working that event.
It also has the event schedule/programme, so one can follow the sequence of events for the day.

I will publish the one for the upcomming meet and ensure that I walk everyone through its fine points right here on wheels.

Nice to know.
Thanks for the response.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Offline Hilary

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2374
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »

We have been staging properly organised circuit racing in Jamaica from 1971 to date and have been issuing ASR's ever since. However it would appear as though several drivers pay little attention to this  very important document. May I therefore take this opportunity to request competitors to carefully read the ASR's and comply with the conditions therein.

As Dean mentioned ASR's are issued at every drivers briefing meetings just prior to the event, one of the many good reasons why competitors should make every effort to be present at these meetings.

Mr.J.

Offline EMorris

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1074
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »
A suggestion

I am suggesting  to the JRDC that the container bridge should be inspected for structural integrity and some maintenance work done on same as i  noticed quite a bit of wear and tear and corrosion build up. I also think a second bridge should be considered for exit only due to the amount of person using the current bridge at any one point. 

Di darn ting could break!

Offline Hilary

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2374
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »

I am rather surprise to hear that the new bridge (just a few years old) require repairs. Worse yet we need another bridge for spectators exit. Have you any idea the cost for a bridge. Can you imagine what David Summerbell  and I went through to have the new bridge erected and it's related cost. Had it not been for minister  Hon.Mike Henry financial help we might not have had a second bridge.

 When I read post like yours I have to wonder where some people come from and more importantly their technical training in construction. hence crying down the new bridge. May be a coat of paint would suffice, but that could be costly especially when funds are not available for such work.

Does any one know how many times we have had to repair the :"Dunlop" bridge that is over 25 years old, ask the JRDC work horse David Summerbell and the writer of this message.

No offence intended just stating the facts

Mr.J

Offline Stoppa

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 920
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2013, 10:25:42 PM »
Mr J. it is better to err on the side of caution - don't take it so personally.
If he says that the bridge is showing signs of deterioration , at the very least take a better look at it to see it is compromised in any way.
It  has a direct line of sight to the ocean which is only a couple of miles away as the crow flies and salty air always speeds up the rusting process .
Unless certain anti corrosion measures were taken the bridge should be showing significant rust having been in that environment for a number of years.
 
 

Offline shauns

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 636
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2013, 12:08:33 AM »
Mr J. it is better to err on the side of caution - don't take it so personally.
If he says that the bridge is showing signs of deterioration , at the very least take a better look at it to see it is compromised in any way.
It  has a direct line of sight to the ocean which is only a couple of miles away as the crow flies and salty air always speeds up the rusting process .
Unless certain anti corrosion measures were taken the bridge should be showing significant rust having been in that environment for a number of years.

Well put Stoppa. There should be no compromise when it comes on to safety and no need on harping on cost or what previous people did in the past. Have a technical team like an engineer, which would probably volunteer or even David himself take a look at all bolts and seams, and ensure the thing is in good condition. Look how many road bridges are built here in Jamaica and they collapse in less than a year or two.

Imagine if the bridge were to fall while people were crossing it one race day? Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Paint cant fix all.


Offline old roach

  • Extreme Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5071
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2013, 09:28:38 AM »

We have been staging properly organised circuit racing in Jamaica from 1971 to date and have been issuing ASR's ever since. However it would appear as though several drivers pay little attention to this  very important document. May I therefore take this opportunity to request competitors to carefully read the ASR's and comply with the conditions therein.

As Dean mentioned ASR's are issued at every drivers briefing meetings just prior to the event, one of the many good reasons why competitors should make every effort to be present at these meetings.

Mr.J.
This will be my last post on any other topic other than my build. Hillary all of a sudden now that some one other than i has said how important the asr is you now change your thinking, in other topics when i pointed out that the asr was been used improper you had said other wise . Now it suits you to say differntly . Well ill not be pointing out the wrongs any more , or offering my ideas here on wj , ill just stick to my build , and let all that want to say what they want to.
ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE

Offline Johnnybaps

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2370
  • Gender: Male
  • Ez like sunday morning
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2013, 10:01:03 AM »
A suggestion

I am suggesting  to the JRDC that the container bridge should be inspected for structural integrity and some maintenance work done on same as i  noticed quite a bit of wear and tear and corrosion build up. I also think a second bridge should be considered for exit only due to the amount of person using the current bridge at any one point. 

Di darn ting could break!
i too noticed it, along with the tower near the gullyside. Mr. J these things are exposed  to the elements, stuff happens and its best to resolve before catastrophe strikes, theres alot of traffic at the end of race meets.
\"A Nuh Every Path Yu Cross Lead To Someone Dat Is True\" Nas & Jnr Gong - Friends - Album Distant Relatives

Offline Hilary

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2374
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2013, 10:58:51 AM »

Stoppa,Shauns & Jonny(Lluda,

Thank you for your responses to mine regarding the new bridge.

I can see lost of thoughts went into your thinking and writing, I saloute you all for your interest being shown in the developement of circuit racing at Dover and wish others will take a page out of your books.

A point I should make is that I frequently cross on the bridge each race day and while I have never looked for structural weaknesses nothing jumped out at me that was cause for concern,rust yes. However the idea of a professional  do an inspection of the bridge is a good one, but  before doing so I will together with David Summerbell and a technical friend carefully carry out an indept inspection and make recommendation to the JRDC's Executives.

Mr. J

Offline Stoppa

  • Senior Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 920
  • Gender: Male
    • View Profile
Re: SUGGESTION BOX
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »
Thanks to EMorris for bringing it up in the first place .  [applause]