Details

Author Topic: Project: PATHFINDER - Rise of the machine  (Read 120738 times)

Offline hkpm80

• View Profile
Re: Project: PATHFINDER - Rise of the machine
« Reply #1250 on: December 12, 2016, 11:03:12 AM »
seeing your on a lighting trek, would suggest you look into doing a proper retofit of your headlights can check out https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Offline Pizza

• Extreme Member
  • Give God thanks in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 12, 2016, 12:05:07 PM »
Clean looking boss! Maybe 1 more light bar below the license plate? Subbed from South Texas! Much Respect [wave]! [applause] [drunk]

Thanks man. [thumbsup] Don't think I haven't already sized up that space under the licence plate [rofl] 

Came out well. Front end looks a lot less cumbersome than it did with lights of different shapes and you get the added benefit of increased light output [winner] Interested to see what the rolling resistance turns out to be, hopefully it's something simple like a brake bind.

Also, glad to see someone else does an annual MAJOR service. I just changed every fluid, filter and lubricant and packed my toys away. It's amazing how a vehicle responds to a comprehensive servicing.  [applause]

I'm going to balance the wheels and try align it and see if it's something there. Ideally I didn't want to align until the new Upper Control arms are in. You have to spend some money and give your car a little infusion of new fluids and everything that helps it breathe smoother and burn better.

seeing your on a lighting trek, would suggest you look into doing a proper retofit of your headlights can check out https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Thanks for the website, although they don't carry anything for my old metal. Supra had put me on to some Blacked out headlights some time back. The pics don't really do my factory lights any justice though. They had be fitted with HID some time ago and are super bright on their own. I don't think i'm going to change out anytime soon.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:36:35 PM by Pizza »
I wouldn't have missed a thing... not one minute of it.

Offline Jezza

• Extreme Member
  • TRD 4EFTE...Boost all day
    • View Profile
    • JW.org
« Reply #1252 on: December 13, 2016, 01:32:50 AM »
Van looks great up front Pizza

Thanks for the website, although they don't carry anything for my old metal. Supra had put me on to some Blacked out headlights some time back. The pics don't really do my factory lights any justice though. They had be fitted with HID some time ago and are super bright on their own. I don't think i'm going to change out anytime soon.

Believe me, the difference between a projected beam from a quality projector such as Morimoto Minis versus regular headlights is literally night and day. Ricky Ricardo can tell you this...

The site doesnt carry vehicle specific lighting. But I'm sure Goon can retrofit whatever projectors you buy from it. Consider it [thumbsup]
Your tailpipe's writin' checks your engine cant cash...

Offline Pizza

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 19, 2016, 03:02:27 PM »
Van looks great up front Pizza

Believe me, the difference between a projected beam from a quality projector such as Morimoto Minis versus regular headlights is literally night and day. Ricky Ricardo can tell you this...

The site doesnt carry vehicle specific lighting. But I'm sure Goon can retrofit whatever projectors you buy from it. Consider it [thumbsup]

Perhaps, but it's not worth the expense now. I don't have a problem with my headlight output to change it now, just because. 

Offline Pizza

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 19, 2016, 03:18:26 PM »
So Sunday, on a hunch, I decided to get the van aligned and all the wheels balanced. What a difference  [wave]  That rolling resistance feeling is now gone. I can't be a 100% sure which one it was but considering the rims took more weight than i've ever seen applied to rims to balance, my bet's on that they were just not rolling smooth, but I just drove so slow usually and the sidewalls are so big to ever pick up the shimmy I would normally.

Seriously, the rims took tons of weight each to balance. I had mistakenly assumed that the bigger tires would actually cushion the rims more and make the need for balancing less but I was wrong. Anyway, happy to report it's feeling better now. [bike]

I know she's a "Mall Crawler" as the Americans say, but God I lover her so  [rofl]

Offline župra

• ░░2JZ-GTE░░
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • TRD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: January 12, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »
How about that suspension lift?

Offline THOR

• Nismo Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 5, 2017, 12:59:40 AM »
 [alarm]
patience young grasshopper...

Offline Pizza

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 28, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »
It's been a long time since this has been updated. Apologies, but my business has required far more of my time than before as we have grown.

So I HAVE installed the 3" lift springs, new shocks and longer upper control arms. Truck is now sitting noticeably higher but not ridiculously so. I think If I had bigger rims than the 15s on it with tires to match it would really get up there. Right now I struggle to step into truck without using the foot bars but it's not impossible. The truck is level now so you shouldn't see that forward rake that used to be there.

I'm gonna have to adjust the headlight and spotlight heights now however as I actually feel bad pulling up behind someone. My headlights start above their trunk so it's a full light up.

The truck is riding really nice on the bilsteins. The truck also had it's long over due full maintenance. It's running really smooth at the moment and I love it. New plug wires seem to have solved the throttle surge issue I had been experiencing.

No pictures as yet but soon hopefully. Later

Offline THOR

• Nismo Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 29, 2017, 07:02:51 AM »
 [wave]

Offline Jezza

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • JW.org
« Reply #1259 on: November 29, 2017, 11:11:29 PM »
Still in [wait]

Offline Undisputed_TRD

• Got to Have Boost..... COMPETITION IS NONE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: December 1, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »
NICE [2thumbsup]
Yes LORD!!

Offline TundaBOLT...4GRacing.....

• Extreme Member
  • Life is short n you don't get repeats so LIVE IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 2, 2017, 04:41:24 PM »
Awaiting pics...
4G 4 EVA !!!!
470-8637

Offline THOR

• Nismo Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 18, 2018, 01:23:52 PM »
New yr bump

Offline Dapadon

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 22, 2018, 07:00:39 PM »
Pizza what happen to the buggy? Just the 6 mi a see in the streetz
Educate yourselves... read a book... brain power the main power - (Dj Wayne)

Offline Jezza

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • JW.org
« Reply #1264 on: October 3, 2018, 02:40:04 AM »
 [ninja]