Details

Author Topic: Widening Steelies  (Read 5031 times)

Offline $$ DMoney $$

• View Profile
Widening Steelies
« on: October 16, 2014, 03:10:58 PM »
I have long been a fan of widened steelies. I think they're mean muggin. My only problem was where do I get em? I looked every where until it dawned on me. Why not make em... So for those who don't know what widened steelies look like see below. Also there's a youtube video showing how widen them. My problem is now finding a machine shop that's willing to hack the wheels for me. Can anyone recommend? particularly in Mobay? Anyone down here ever did anything like this before?

#PurpleSkunk'd

Offline THOR

• Nismo Knights
    • View Profile
Re: Widening Steelies
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 01:47:53 AM »
Should hold the heat on the pot better [winner]
patience young grasshopper...

Offline $$ DMoney $$

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 12:22:38 PM »
Joke thing... but real talk, Noone down here never do them?
#PurpleSkunk'd

Offline αפέ β

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • v-tec is da $hit, like tampons every *censored* needs 1
    • View Profile
    • uesdnatnrd the pweor of the hmuan mnid
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 02:17:18 PM »
i have been looking a set of 15" steelies to do the vary same for month now and cant find none.
i need the wide lug spacing 4x114 and all im coming across is 4x100.
if you come across a set let me know.

as for the machine shop to do it, in town i know where it can get done.
the surest and safest way to have the wheels able to be balanced after its done (i was told) is to cut it on a lathe and also weld it on a lathe.
other methods (diy and all) requires a great deal more skill and finess.
Traffic light suckers are easily fooled into a duel by this cars near-stock appearance. Sure, there are 4 big disks and a cut-out for the intercooler but nothing indicates this machine might run low/

Offline $$ DMoney $$

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 05:06:23 PM »
Yeah, I know, I've seen the videos. I visited a machine shop, showed him and he said that's gonna take too long so he aint gonna do it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtTWgJ0xHKA
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:10:30 PM by $$ DMoney $$ »
#PurpleSkunk'd

Offline hkpm80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 06:03:35 PM »
look for cragar, blackrock, american racing etc

Offline TwinKam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 06:24:35 PM »
There is someone who can deal with it. He's located off Deanery Road in Vineyard Town.

A friend of mine visited him to repair a set of wheels and while there he inquired about widen a set of 17x7 to 17x10 and he said that he can widen them if required.

His name is Raymond and I think the name of the place is Rims on Rims but don't quote on that. I will try and get you the #.

BPT powered BF Mazda 323 GT

Offline $$ DMoney $$

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 06:53:48 PM »
Thanks twincam do that. We'd love to get em done!

@HPKM, already looked at that route... way too expensive, not gonna spend a grand US on steelies.
#PurpleSkunk'd

Offline αפέ β

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 07:16:14 PM »
There is someone who can deal with it. He's located off Deanery Road in Vineyard Town.

A friend of mine visited him to repair a set of wheels and while there he inquired about widen a set of 17x7 to 17x10 and he said that he can widen them if required.

His name is Raymond and I think the name of the place is Rims on Rims but don't quote on that. I will try and get you the #.

the name is correct. im going by his shop tomo so ill get his number...providing i dont forget.
i did ask if you came across any 4x114 wheels 15" that i could get a set. any luck on that?
Traffic light suckers are easily fooled into a duel by this cars near-stock appearance. Sure, there are 4 big disks and a cut-out for the intercooler but nothing indicates this machine might run low/

Offline $$ DMoney $$

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
To be honest I have'nt been out much lately. There's this tyre guy on the way to work. I'll ask em if he has any of those - wide 4 hole pattern 15".
What car you putting it on btw?
#PurpleSkunk'd

Offline Redshirt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 2016, 02:29:57 PM »

the name is correct. im going by his shop tomo so ill get his number...providing i dont forget.
i did ask if you came across any 4x114 wheels 15" that i could get a set. any luck on that?

I guess you didnt bother to go

Offline αפέ β

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2017, 04:14:33 PM »

I guess you didnt bother to go

365 0331 Raymond.
haven't been on wheels in the longest while.