Details

Author Topic: My Zoom Zoom Life... So I bought a Mazda.  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • Give God thanks in all things.
    • View Profile
My Zoom Zoom Life... So I bought a Mazda.
« on: June 2, 2017, 06:55:34 PM »
Yeah... I pulled the trigger and got a 2014 Mazda 6.  [crazy]. Singapore edition so technically called a 6 and not an atenza.

It's a Grand Tourer rammed packed with all the safety/tech features that I thought's i'd have to pay twice as much to get in one package. It's a brilliant "Soul Red" and have to say the colour kept calling me. I'm not a red car man, but something about this colour. The design is also great in my eyes. The fender lines are gorgeous and I feel like this car will look fresh for many years to come. I join my Brother who also has a Mazda 6. His dependable experience with his also made me feel better about getting this one. That said, I also sprang for the one year extended warranty (Critchon said it was the first time anyone had ever agreed to apy for it. [rofl]) but I needed that extra sense of protection I guess.

Mazda has never been considered a premium brrand but this one is pretty premium to me and every review i've watch on this car (and that would be a loooooooooot) raved about the car. It one almost every match up it enetered, whether ccord, Camry, Hyundai Passat etc.

Below are some pics of the car taken off of the car lot butt stil dirty. I will take some better pics soon. I had contemplated and reached out to Executive about buying the refreshed 2017 model but apparently they only carry a lower spec 2litre engined one with a fraction of the options this one has. I decided I'd rather the tech. Also the 2.5L is already not a powerful engine so I can't imagine the 2.

This car, as specd comes with

19-inch wheels, auto-levelling and adaptive BiXEON HID headlights, navigation (installing the TOM TOM Jamaica map tomorrow), Regenerative Braking System (i-ELOOP),  Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) system, lane departure warning, radar-based adaptive cruise control, forward obstruction warning, Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) system and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Forward Obstruction Warning (FOW), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) and High Beam Control (HBC).  [thumbsup]. That's a lot of aides for a non luxury car... and there are a few more some things. 

Some might wonder... Yes I still have Buggy, but she will be getting some long overdue TLC, she was denied since she went into daily service. She was always intended to be the weekend/fun truck and i'm hoping to regain that. May give her a respray soon. My wife has taken over the X so I don't even business with that anymore. [rofl]

I want to set the car so it's both business and sexy. So on the agenda are:

1. Tinting.. hope to do that tomorrow.
2. Rims. It comes with 19s but I must admit I've seen some well set ones (see below) Probably will go up to 20s if I can find the right set.
3. A few crome accent pieces on the exterior and interior to bring it closer to the 2016+ refreshed models. The average person would probably have to see them side by side to really see the difference but these cars are so far and inbetween that when will u ever see two together.
4. Upgraded head unit - 9" - 10" android head unit to replace the woefully small Tom Tom unit but this wont be an immeidate one.
5. Some seat covers (who makes the really good, form fitting ones locally again?)
6. FInding a big cardboard box and test if the car will actually stop itself.
7. maybe a light body kit, lip, trunk and roof lip spoilers.

That's it for now. My brother says not to lower it because it is already riding low already and my boy racer days are way over.

I'm just excited to take it on its first shakedown road trip to get to know her... and find what her name is.

Anyway.. Zoom, Zoom life for me.. will keep other prospective buyers informed. Today Mazda 6 but i'm eyeing the fabulous looking CX9s for the upgrade one day.

« Last Edit: June 2, 2017, 07:18:59 PM by Pizza »
I wouldn't have missed a thing... not one minute of it.

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
Re: My Zoom Zoom Life... So I bought a Mazda.
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2017, 07:00:25 PM »
Some 6s that have my mind wondering about the rim and kit/accent choices. These cars set wuite nicely I think.

I added Numbers so people can reference a particular car more easily. Which rim do you think fits best?

Really love these wheels and howthe fill out the well  [love]

[ninja]

« Last Edit: June 2, 2017, 07:20:35 PM by Pizza »

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »

« Last Edit: June 2, 2017, 07:12:36 PM by Pizza »

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »

« Last Edit: June 2, 2017, 07:13:09 PM by Pizza »

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2017, 07:04:46 PM »

« Last Edit: June 2, 2017, 07:13:49 PM by Pizza »

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 2, 2017, 07:16:09 PM by Pizza »

Offline župra

• ░░2JZ-GTE░░
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • TRD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2017, 07:16:11 PM »
You won't regret it. Great color choice too.

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2017, 07:23:39 PM »
You won't regret it. Great color choice too.

Thanks man. [thumbsup]  I know you are a believer in the Mazda brand from long time.

Offline Shifter Kart

• my jimmies remain unrustled
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • And God decreed onto SK, "Thou shalt rally."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 2, 2017, 07:25:20 PM »
it pretty bad. congrats man [2thumbsup]
Jetcon Racing
Official dealer for KW Suspension.

"He who knows how will always work for he who knows why."
- David Lee Roth

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2017, 08:08:09 PM »
it pretty bad. congrats man [2thumbsup]

Thanks Mazda King. You guys need to bring in some. Lot of car for the money.

Offline Jezza

• Extreme Member
  • TRD 4EFTE...Boost all day
    • View Profile
    • JW.org
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »
Awesome sauce, Pizza! The car is beautiful and the options are very generous

As for the wheels; honestly the stockers look great to me. Perhaps an anthracite/gunmetal dip will spice them up. I'd keep them
Your tailpipe's writin' checks your engine cant cash...

Offline jiggaman_16

• Boost ...its a way of life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 2, 2017, 08:50:31 PM »

Very nice car. I am loving this brand since lately.

Allan McNish: These are real men's corners ... hit the kerb on the left, hit the kerb on the right .....

Offline THOR

• Nismo Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 3, 2017, 12:50:30 AM »
patience young grasshopper...

Offline THOR

• Nismo Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 3, 2017, 07:03:23 AM »
Oh lol.... i forgot to say congrats on the new ride... was lost in the rim options... now buggy can get to be a true off road slut [alarm] [bike] [icon53]

Offline scubaman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 3, 2017, 11:37:44 AM »
Pizza, NICE RIDE !!!!!

01 Mitsubishi Spacewagon GDI, 09 Mazda Demio, 08 Ridgeline RTL, 12 Mazda Biante

Offline scubaman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 3, 2017, 11:38:53 AM »
Awesome sauce, Pizza! The car is beautiful and the options are very generous

As for the wheels; honestly the stockers look great to me. Perhaps an anthracite/gunmetal dip will spice them up. I'd keep them

Second that on the OEM wheels. They look great.

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 3, 2017, 08:43:01 PM »
Thanks guys.  [wave] I am loving the wheels right now but I'm also feeling no#15. We'll see, it really depends on whether I grow tired of seeing my wheels on another car everyday. Might not be a lot of occasions for that.  [ponder] but anyway have to shave back up the shackles.

Been a long day and some other car kicked up a stone that chipped the windshield right in my field of few. A little divet now but I need to watch it. Anyone has any suggestions on what I can put in there? My wife suggested clear epoxy but not sure about the wipers. Funny enough, while researching this car, I found that changing the windshield on this spec equipped model can be challenging because of all of the sensors at the top of windshield (will try and add a closeup shot tomorrow and insert) and they needing to be recalibrate and the dealer being the one who needs to do it. [blackeye] I'm hoping it doesn't come to it.

Anyway, I actually wrote this long post detailing my experiences but lost it in. Second with a wrong tap of a key. I don't have the heart to start typing it again right now. Will try and recapture the essence tomorrow. Right now, gone for a night run.  [bike]

Offline Shifter Kart

• my jimmies remain unrustled
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • And God decreed onto SK, "Thou shalt rally."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 3, 2017, 09:30:30 PM »
get it fixed. Champion Battery at the Eastwood park/west kings house rd crossover does windshield repair.  they'll seal it up so it doesnt spread.
Jetcon Racing
Official dealer for KW Suspension.

"He who knows how will always work for he who knows why."
- David Lee Roth

Offline THOR

• Nismo Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 3, 2017, 10:16:51 PM »
get it fixed. Champion Battery at the Eastwood park/west kings house rd crossover does windshield repair.  they'll seal it up so it doesnt spread.

This... but do it fast cause if dirt get in there n stay too long they wont be able to flush it out n when sealed will bug the foolishness outa u...

Offline Caldinafan

• Caldina, the wave of the future
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 3, 2017, 10:26:07 PM »
Yeah... I pulled the trigger and got a 2014 Mazda 6.  [crazy]. Singapore edition so technically called a 6 and not an atenza.

It's a Grand Tourer rammed packed with all the safety/tech features that I thought's i'd have to pay twice as much to get in one package. It's a brilliant "Soul Red" and have to say the colour kept calling me. I'm not a red car man, but something about this colour. The design is also great in my eyes. The fender lines are gorgeous and I feel like this car will look fresh for many years to come. I join my Brother who also has a Mazda 6. His dependable experience with his also made me feel better about getting this one. That said, I also sprang for the one year extended warranty (Critchon said it was the first time anyone had ever agreed to apy for it. [rofl]) but I needed that extra sense of protection I guess.

Mazda has never been considered a premium brrand but this one is pretty premium to me and every review i've watch on this car (and that would be a loooooooooot) raved about the car. It one almost every match up it enetered, whether ccord, Camry, Hyundai Passat etc.

Below are some pics of the car taken off of the car lot butt stil dirty. I will take some better pics soon. I had contemplated and reached out to Executive about buying the refreshed 2017 model but apparently they only carry a lower spec 2litre engined one with a fraction of the options this one has. I decided I'd rather the tech. Also the 2.5L is already not a powerful engine so I can't imagine the 2.

This car, as specd comes with

19-inch wheels, auto-levelling and adaptive BiXEON HID headlights, navigation (installing the TOM TOM Jamaica map tomorrow), Regenerative Braking System (i-ELOOP),  Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) system, lane departure warning, radar-based adaptive cruise control, forward obstruction warning, Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) system and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Forward Obstruction Warning (FOW), Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) and High Beam Control (HBC).  [thumbsup]. That's a lot of aides for a non luxury car... and there are a few more some things. 

Some might wonder... Yes I still have Buggy, but she will be getting some long overdue TLC, she was denied since she went into daily service. She was always intended to be the weekend/fun truck and i'm hoping to regain that. May give her a respray soon. My wife has taken over the X so I don't even business with that anymore. [rofl]

I want to set the car so it's both business and sexy. So on the agenda are:

1. Tinting.. hope to do that tomorrow.
2. Rims. It comes with 19s but I must admit I've seen some well set ones (see below) Probably will go up to 20s if I can find the right set.
3. A few crome accent pieces on the exterior and interior to bring it closer to the 2016+ refreshed models. The average person would probably have to see them side by side to really see the difference but these cars are so far and inbetween that when will u ever see two together.
4. Upgraded head unit - 9" - 10" android head unit to replace the woefully small Tom Tom unit but this wont be an immeidate one.
5. Some seat covers (who makes the really good, form fitting ones locally again?)
6. FInding a big cardboard box and test if the car will actually stop itself.
7. maybe a light body kit, lip, trunk and roof lip spoilers.

That's it for now. My brother says not to lower it because it is already riding low already and my boy racer days are way over.

I'm just excited to take it on its first shakedown road trip to get to know her... and find what her name is.

Anyway.. Zoom, Zoom life for me.. will keep other prospective buyers informed. Today Mazda 6 but i'm eyeing the fabulous looking CX9s for the upgrade one day.

Lovely car man.........check this out for the head unit, you wont regret it......I even regret selling it..
http://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/index.php?topic=260005.msg3340837#msg3340837
Caldina - Enough said!!

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 4, 2017, 12:00:38 AM »

Thanks SK and THOR. Will go there on Monday and not drive it tomorrow.

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 4, 2017, 12:03:13 AM »
Cal Dina fan, I was looking on that radio today actually but for the X. The Mazda has a weird bezel that a normal double din won't work. I've already identified a alibaba special for when the time comes, which may be sooner than planned because the tomtom map update never went to plan today, but more on that later.

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 4, 2017, 12:06:31 AM »
Tried taking pics today but tint men soap it up. The car has never been cleaner than the moment I picked her up.

Offline Ombudsman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 4, 2017, 01:11:00 AM »
Some 6s that have my mind wondering about the rim and kit/accent choices. These cars set wuite nicely I think.

I added Numbers so people can reference a particular car more easily. Which rim do you think fits best?

Really love these wheels and howthe fill out the well  [love]

[ninja]

1,3 and 5 for me. Nice acquisition  [thumbsup]
AE92  coming just wait on it!

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 5, 2017, 06:42:35 PM »
Bless up Ombudsman. No#3 Is my second choice. Will need some spacers though.

So, missed a bullet today. Carried it to Champion and they said the stone didn't penetrate all the way through and it shouldn't spread. They said to watch it if anything.  [thumbsup]

Okay, so as I was saying I had written a long piece and lost it all before posting. I'll try and recapture the main points I can remember.

You know how I like to set the scene so hush.   [wacko]

1. I was actually looking for a Crown to buy. My dad had one with a fridge and I always rembered it. I was scowering local car websites for one and happened on this Mazda. Immediately I noticed teh red, the sunroof, the leather.. but I moved on... Crown hunting. I wanted the new shape one with the big grille, and only a few places had any. Funny thing happened that week I was seriously searching, I kept going back to Crichton's site to look on this Mazda. On a free Saturday I decided to go crown shopping and if I had time, stop to check out the Mazda. Ony my way down to Portmore to Superlative Auto (Crown central, they have about 15 crowns down there :o) I stopped by Critchon. I made a B line for the Mazda which was by the fence and to which a family of 5 was hovering.  [rofl] Something about the car starrrr I was immediately think move from my car.  [rofl]

Anyway walked around, sat in it and was immediately impressed. Anyway, I asked how much it was and what was the best price. It didn't seem bad for what you getting but it seemed like nuff for a Mazda. It was the same as 2012 Crown money but this was a 2014 and would allow for a longer repayment time and lower premium. Anyway I left it to go check out Superlative. They had a town of the older shape crown and athletes but only one new 2013 shape and it was the lowest spec possible and they still wanted north of 5+ mlll for it.  [refuse] Funny I got there thinking of crown but when you sleekness of the lines of the Mazda, the older Crowns looks positively boring, particularly the rear end. So I decided to leave, still hadn't on anything. On the way back up Hagley Park road that red by the fence caught my eye from a mile away. I pulled over and I just stared. I said to my wife.. "I want her". She said... okay.  [wave]

The cool thing about Crithon is that they only ask for 10k to hold a car for 2 weeks as compared to some other places 50k and higher. Hearing it only takes 10k, refundable or not, made me think "Why Not try for it?".  I wanted to do it same time but they said they didn't take credit cards. Anyway, next day I had it locked down while the loan was prcoessed. It's only then I started asking about here what's really going on for Skyactive and what was involved in maintaining it. Knowing WJ still had two of the best resources on the subject, SK and Scubaman.. [wave]

Feeling better about the decision we just waited for paperwork. Truth be told, the longest steps were the valuation and  the insurance, I could have had that thing almost a week earlier. MSC Mckay took a long time to get me back my valuation, someone said the valuator had to do research because they had never done one with so many features. That took 4 days.   [wallbash]. Then the insurance took another few days as my agent work out getting me the lowest rate by moving my 100% no claims off the X to 'Rover' (my wife's working title.. as in Red Rover) and my no claims from my van to the X. As it worked out the X was up for renewal same time and when the smoke cleared, and all additional bonus this and good client that Rover was a lot cheaper to insure than the X was to renew.

Anyway.. long story long... I get all the papers in by Wednesday afternoon and I tell my Crichton rep they say they should wire the money tomorrow. He says dont get my hopes up. He has another person from the same place waiting 4 days for his to go through. I say.. what?  [reallysad] .. anyway I say let's see. [whistle]

Next day the funds were wired and I was in business. The agent, who was great by the way, says 'I don't know who you know or if you went on bad but I've never seen them approve and wire next day ever  [rofl]. Give God thanks on that.

Next post will deal with driving impressions.

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 5, 2017, 07:49:43 PM »
So, the car now.. LOVE IT.  The car rides better on those 19s than the X does on 18s or many cars I know with smaller wheels. If Skyactiv is in the suspension design as well...l sign me up as a believer. It's quite easy to forget you on 19s until you see a big pothole and then reality strikes again. [help]

The car is quiet, inside is roomy, there is a lot to get accustomed to.  Whether it's an Alto or an Audi new to you is new to you. All-in-all. I'm quite impressed with the red rover. That's not to say everything is perfect. I need brighter lights. I don't know if it's just being accustomed to Buggy's generous lights but I can't live like this. I'm not sure how anyone else can either.  [rofl]. That's for another day though.

I remember Supra saying the 2.5 engines were fantastic... I also remember nearly everyone of the near 50 reviews I watched on youtube for this car  [whistle] that people complained about it being slow. So I wasn't sure what to expect. Sure enough, she won't win any drag races from the stoplight but Lord Have Mercy on a rolling start this car is a beast. It's not so much a turbocharged feeling as it is an effortless distances from anything in your rear view mirror. I took the car out on a airport run on Saturday and what I can tell you is the clock goes up to 260KMH on the  dash and I can tell you that this car is not limited by 180/190 governor... this car went faster... faster than I ever imagined. This thing is quick on the run. I had to shut it down before I put the clock to the test because I need to feel her out somemore. My wife was stunned... wanted to know what those people were talking about slow. I suspect they never drove it above the speed limit. The car feels planted though.. really planted which is nice for a front wheel drive. BUT, never bought it for speed so it's really nice to know it's there when I need it. Looking forward to a bypass run.

More another day...  [bike]

Offline scubaman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 5, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »
 [2thumbsup] Care it well. Really nice ride !! [notworthy]

Offline radioman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 6, 2017, 08:26:30 AM »
  Hail up! Clairville on Park Ave will custom make seat covers with embossed logo. I have done 4 cars there and the quality and fit are perfect.

Offline Mivec_G

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 6, 2017, 09:01:51 AM »
  Hail up! Clairville on Park Ave will custom make seat covers with embossed logo. I have done 4 cars there and the quality and fit are perfect.

Yup Clairville is very  good, doesnt even look like seat covers when they are done.

Offline DeB0: SHIFT_Z

• 13.14sec 1/4 Mile (N/A); 1:35.23 Dover (599CC)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 6, 2017, 09:28:36 AM »
congrats on the purchase.... color is awesome to look at, I remember hearing red cars need to be washed alot, I guess you can confirm same soon.

will say though, bregin had one of these (in ATL) and sold it for a bimmer.... said the resale value wasnt great

[applause] [applause]
shift_s13c11z33k8

Offline scubaman

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 6, 2017, 10:24:21 AM »

So have I. My Subaru and Mitsubishi have their seat covers.

Offline mafiaja

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 6, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »
About 2 years ago i searched and searched for one of these cars and couldnt find any anywhere, still love them to this day, i know you will enjoy it though, good buy  [2thumbsup]

Offline THOR

• Nismo Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 6, 2017, 11:37:18 AM »

Info for this needed... thanks

Offline bolo

• GONE TOYOTA
    • View Profile
    • MY RIDE
« Reply #33 on: June 6, 2017, 11:38:45 AM »

will say though, bregin had one of these (in ATL) and sold it for a bimmer.... said the resale value wasnt great

[applause] [applause]

Resale on the Bimmer in Jamaica not.that great either.
GRE156H 3.5L V6

Offline župra

• ░░2JZ-GTE░░
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • TRD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 6, 2017, 12:08:49 PM »

[applause] [applause]

Resale on the Bimmer in Jamaica not.that great either.

Typically, the Jamaican market is pretty hard on anything that isn't a Toyota or Honda.

IMO Pizza made the right choice - this car has way, way more features than any fully loaded bmw in its class.

Offline stevemicester

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 6, 2017, 01:57:43 PM »

Hi, would you be able to post or send a picture of his work?

Offline scubaman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 6, 2017, 04:18:20 PM »

Hi, would you be able to post or send a picture of his work?

Its a company...  876-920-0162 they have been around for quite a number of years. 9 Park Ave Kingston 5
Facebook Page Link

« Last Edit: June 6, 2017, 04:26:28 PM by scubaman »

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 6, 2017, 04:32:06 PM »
Yes, Clairville.. that it. They do fantastic work. They did onw of my Mom's cars many years back. The thing was tailored so precisely that it was like a skin on the seat. Trying to give them a call but not getting through. The car has the 6 air bags, including in the seats, so it's important that the covers have the tear away opening for the airbags.

Someone mentioned reslae... yeah, I don't expect it to hold the value, but I also don't expect to sell before it's paid off. After that it's neither here or there. As Supra said, pound for pound the features are worth it. If someome else doesn't realise it.. too bad for me I guess. However, i'm hoping that since Jetcon has been flooding the roads with Mazda and people are seeing that Mazdas are holding up and delivering much bang for the buck that their value will increase overall. The new 3s look amazing.

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile

Offline scubaman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 6, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »
The car has the 6 air bags, including in the seats, so it's important that the covers have the tear away opening for the airbags.

VERY important !

Offline bolo

• GONE TOYOTA
    • View Profile
    • MY RIDE
« Reply #40 on: June 6, 2017, 07:53:14 PM »

[/quote]

IMO Pizza made the right choice - this car has way, way more features than any fully loaded bmw in its class.
[/quote]

I really love Mazdas, you can get a fully loaded one for less than or the same as a base Honda or Toyota.
BTW they drive GREAT!!
GRE156H 3.5L V6

Offline radioman

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 6, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »
I'm a happy owner of a 2011 Mazda Atenza Sport 2.5L  Trouble free driving for 3 years and counting.

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 7, 2017, 07:52:10 PM »
Cool guys.   [thumbsup]

Saving this info here for myself in case I need to find it in the years to come.

Detail repair and replacement and workings of the I-ELOOP system. No need for anyone to read. 
https://rts.i-car.com/collision-repair-news/mazda-i-eloop-overview.html

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 07:00:45 PM »
Thought i'd share a couple pics of my brothers pride and joy... his Gen 1 Mazda 6. Murdered out black. I love it so. He's constantly upgrading it slowly but surely. You'll never find one more loved and his kids will inherit one day. Want to get a picture of both 6s together one day soon.

Offline župra

• ░░2JZ-GTE░░
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • TRD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 7, 2017, 07:51:18 PM »
How's the Mazda life treating you

Offline m.ramdeen

• Function over Form any day
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 8, 2017, 08:44:14 AM »
Nice acquisition there on the Mazda
But the photobucket is messing up the thread, I can't get to see all the goodies that you are putting on it  [worried]
Radio, Rims, Seat Covers, et al - I'm flying blind here.

Need the pics [bb]
The moment you mention "clean" ride, Then that ride is dead to me. "Clean" doesn't have a function - It means you run out of ideas

Offline scubaman

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 8, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »
Nice acquisition there on the Mazda
But the photobucket is messing up the thread, I can't get to see all the goodies that you are putting on it  [worried]
Radio, Rims, Seat Covers, et al - I'm flying blind here.

Need the pics [bb]

Thats why I dont use Photobucket.. They remove the photos after a period of inactivity on your account.

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2017, 09:20:14 PM »
Mazda life has been great but I really have been concentrating on my business. So I haven't had much time for anything else... even WJ.

The car had it's first dealer service and all when well. The car has been bullet proof. Took it to Mobay and Ochi on some exceedingly spirited driving and it was fantastic, effortless and well poised. I think many people were surprised that it was a Mazda going on suh  [rofl]

No issues what soever with it but some bad mind scraped the whole back passenger side door (not a door) while my wife went shopping up Manor Park. [wallbash] I feel it's someone pon WJ too  [rofl]

Anyway got some Mazda genuine paint pens but just haven't had the time to put it on. Got some window visors, still not installed. Other than that work.

Buggy desperately needs that stuff installed and it will happen soon hopefully. My dogs ate the seatbelt and i'm trying to find a replacement one.

One of my brothers fell in love with the X when I lent him for a few weeks so he's buying that from me. back down to 2 cars.

That's it for now.

Offline vtecamz

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2017, 12:10:54 PM »
Happy to see you try something different pizza, I was considering a mada once or twice but my male ego won that fight easily lol

I could see me coping one of these in black and maybe setting it

Look out for a certain Toyota with a V8 on your way to Ochi though, because you wouldn't reach for now lol

Offline Shift!!!

• When you have the power, just pretend you don't
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 3, 2018, 01:44:57 PM »
I just recently picked up a 6 Touring Manual Transmission.

Great ride so far. As you said from a standing start it wont win races but she has legs, a real cruiser.

Have you done anything else to the car since your last post

« Last Edit: July 3, 2018, 01:47:00 PM by Shift!!! »
PROJECT AGU http://www.wheelsjamaicahost.com/wheels_forum/index.php?topic=92141.0
Have VAGCom will scan - PM me or Call 414-0629