Details

Author Topic: Magna Motors service rep?  (Read 2218 times)

Offline SkyePoint

• View Profile
Magna Motors service rep?
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:05:13 PM »
How is Magna motors service reputation?
Realise they are still fairly new but still ........ [ponder]
How does customer service, parts and labour costs compare with other dealers for new vehicles?
Taking advantage of their current summer deal is tempting.

Offline renman

• View Profile
Re: Magna Motors service rep?
« Reply #1 on: August 9, 2017, 09:44:39 PM »
I've had very good service from them. Nice environment, courteous staff, and my service rep is top notch, very responsive to phone calls, emails etc.
I can't say too much about parts and labor prices as I'm still under free service period [thumbsup], but I have overheard basic service costs in the teens. Generally I'd wager you won't find better costs at any other new car dealer, especially the established ones. I'd highly recommend anybody buy a new Hyundai today, the brand is big all over the world now for a reason, Ja just a play catch up but Magna is serious.

Had my '17 Tuscon a year now battering around these godawful Kingston/St Andrew roads and not a rattle inside or out (yet). Vehicles are well put together, quiet and the Tucson in particular having a wide flat stance drives planted like a big hatch, not an SUV. Only thing is mileage not great with the 2.0L engine round town (as expected), esp because with all the pollutant you have to run A/C mostly, but ECO drive mode helps a little with that. Highway on the other hand, forget it, gas gauge hardly move.
So far, very satisfied overall, would buy again.

Offline The Wasp

• Fluidic Sculpture
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:57:09 PM »
I've had very good service from them. Nice environment, courteous staff, and my service rep is top notch, very responsive to phone calls, emails etc.
I can't say too much about parts and labor prices as I'm still under free service period [thumbsup], but I have overheard basic service costs in the teens. Generally I'd wager you won't find better costs at any other new car dealer, especially the established ones. I'd highly recommend anybody buy a new Hyundai today, the brand is big all over the world now for a reason, Ja just a play catch up but Magna is serious.

Had my '17 Tuscon a year now battering around these godawful Kingston/St Andrew roads and not a rattle inside or out (yet). Vehicles are well put together, quiet and the Tucson in particular having a wide flat stance drives planted like a big hatch, not an SUV. Only thing is mileage not great with the 2.0L engine round town (as expected), esp because with all the pollutant you have to run A/C mostly, but ECO drive mode helps a little with that. Highway on the other hand, forget it, gas gauge hardly move.
So far, very satisfied overall, would buy again.

The Tuscon is sweet. I had the 2011 Sonata and was looking to upgrade to this Tuscon last year (2016), my gripe was that 2.0L engine, 164hp isnt enough for Manchesters hills. I was hoping for the 1.6T offered in other markets. Not even the top spec model has it. Not sure why.
Sometimes we meet our destiny on the road we took to avoid it

Offline renman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 10:30:36 AM »

The Tuscon is sweet. I had the 2011 Sonata and was looking to upgrade to this Tuscon last year (2016), my gripe was that 2.0L engine, 164hp isnt enough for Manchesters hills. I was hoping for the 1.6T offered in other markets. Not even the top spec model has it. Not sure why.

Personally I've found the 164/151 hp/torque to be more than adequate all over the island even loaded with 4 adults and baggage. I've blasted those Manchester hills (and others) several times without the vehicle seeming to struggle, esp if you feel like max fuel burn in 'Sport' drive mode. But of course everything is relative to one's expectations of a fun to drive family CUV.
The 1.6T offered in other markets is much more powerful but that new DCT transmission that goes with the higher spec models is giving the Tucson bad name. Between user acclimation to the DCT plus intrinsic firmware problems (now fixed) there have just been too many complaints. I'm glad here in Ja we only have the proven 6 speed auto/shiftronic that goes with the 2.0L. Happy to say round town mileage seems improved after more break in btw. (EDIT: Seems the 1.6T is indeed coming after all based on Magna homepage News)
I love this car, my only regret is I couldn't go up to the top spec, but even at the 'low' end it's full of little technological gems. Clearly that Audi guy Hyundai stole a do him work ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:03:51 AM by renman »