Details

Author Topic: Wheel / RIM Repairs........?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline CA$E

• It’s not if you ride “It’s how you Ride”
    • View Profile
Wheel / RIM Repairs........?
« on: October 20, 2017, 09:18:08 AM »
Where is the best place to have my wheel professionally redone (Spray ) ....i mean like propa work nuh fool up thing
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:45:36 PM by CA$E »

Offline vtecamz

• View Profile
Re: Wheel / RIM Repairs........?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »
Check finish line or spray box

I'm polishing a set of 20s myself, got them flat black and currently stripping the paint and polishing with sandpaper and alot of elbow grease, then use aluminium polishing pads to finish off

I've never been a fan of sprayed over rims, probably because it's hardly done properly

Saw a type r that was sprayed over and the rims as well, I could tell the rims were sprayed over but it looked tacky

Offline §upra

• ░░2JZ-GTE░░
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • TRD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 07:14:31 AM »
The best way to spray wheels is to take the tires off. I’d imagine any competent paint shop could do the job. However, Universal Weld or BD Gregg are two good one-stop shops for such.

Offline CA$E

• It’s not if you ride “It’s how you Ride”
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 11:31:42 AM »
THANKS VTECAMZ & SUPRA.............................I have a set of 20s ferrada FR4  that cost US$2000 when they were new without the cost to import and they have curb rash on them so I need it dealt with like new so as to maintain the little value left in them, only the lips needs work tho.

I don't want any and any one to repair them because the have both lip and concavity so i imagine it will be a bit technical .......

I have often times heard about Universal Weld so i will try them but after reading the responses I cant imagine why i never thought of spray box. they seem to do good work.

Want to break some necks with them come Christmas  [eyebrows]

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:20:55 PM by CA$E »

Offline tylenol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 05:58:56 PM »

I have often times heard about Universal Weld so i will try them but after reading the responses I cant imagine why i never thought of spray box. they seem to do good work.

Universal Weld seems to be the go-to place.   Need to straighten and paint a set of 15"s ...but where is this place and can anyone give contact info?

- also, capcha giving me headache.