Details

Author Topic: 'Ultimate Driving Machine'  (Read 545 times)

Offline johntimber

• View Profile
'Ultimate Driving Machine'
« on: June 21, 2018, 11:29:39 PM »
Hi,

Having owned an E46 320Ci a few years ago and most recently an E87 116i, both of which had a plethora of problems, and seeing the thousands of topics/posts on here from other owners with such problems, I am amazed that BMW is still in business. Would it be fair to say that most BMW owners will encounter at least one major/costly problem with their BMW at some stage of ownership or is this multitude of problems applicable to other brands too? Judging by the countless tales of woe on here (many of which are the same old issues, eg. timing chains) I'd guess the term 'The Ultimate Driving Machine' is somewhat of an oxymoron?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
http://babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108983
Animated Video For Business

Thanks!

Offline Johnnybaps

• Ez like sunday morning
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ultimate Driving Machine'
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 09:48:49 AM »
yup, its almost likely that you will encounter a major problem, however, i believe that proper scheduled maintenance goes a long way in ensuring such failures are minimized. I have owned two, sadly used and in some ways not as well maintained an e30 325i (this was more a project with a 535i swap) and I currently own a e46 330ci now this has been a money pit, currently doing a manual swap.
\"A Nuh Every Path Yu Cross Lead To Someone Dat Is True\" Nas & Jnr Gong - Friends - Album Distant Relatives

Offline Johnnybaps

• Ez like sunday morning
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ultimate Driving Machine'
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 09:50:23 AM »
Hi,

Having owned an E46 320Ci a few years ago and most recently an E87 116i, both of which had a plethora of problems, and seeing the thousands of topics/posts on here from other owners with such problems, I am amazed that BMW is still in business. Would it be fair to say that most BMW owners will encounter at least one major/costly problem with their BMW at some stage of ownership or is this multitude of problems applicable to other brands too? Judging by the countless tales of woe on here (many of which are the same old issues, eg. timing chains) I'd guess the term 'The Ultimate Driving Machine' is somewhat of an oxymoron?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
http://babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108983
Animated Video For Business

Thanks!
as it relates to driving, when they are in good nik they are really fun to drive, so that part stands......doesn't say ültimate reliability  [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
\"A Nuh Every Path Yu Cross Lead To Someone Dat Is True\" Nas & Jnr Gong - Friends - Album Distant Relatives