Details

Author Topic: Bosch Battery  (Read 1702 times)

Offline PhantomSunny

• View Profile
Bosch Battery
« on: January 2, 2018, 02:48:33 PM »
For several years I have stayed away from one of our popular batteries on the local market for personal reasons (among them 1) the quality of the product back then and 2) the aftersales service that followed). I am a believer that if I am spending my money then the provider of said service should make me feel like a human being even if they can't assist. This was not the case and so I let my wallet do the talking for future purchases.

Anyway I digress. In October 2016 I purchased a Bosch battery from Mega Mart as a last resort as this was the only place open on a Sunday night that sold car batteries. The battery performed well until about 2 weeks ago when I noticed that the car would have a slow turnover when starting. I did my own little home test and realized that the voltage dropped to around 9.5 when loaded.

I decided to have the battery properly checked yesterday and was amazed that technician found no liquid in the battery. Dry as chips! Voltage under load dropped to about 9V. The battery is a maintenance free battery and therefore there is no way to add distilled water or battery acid. Pretty much a dead battery. I know the battery has a vent port to bleed off gases but to run totally dry is a new one for me.

Long and short is that I had to fork out the $$$ for a new battery. My question is....has anybody else here used the Bosch batteries and what has been your experience if you have.   
I use more torque to tighten my lug nuts than what Honda engines put to their wheels.

Offline PhantomSunny

• View Profile
Re: Bosch Battery
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 02:28:01 PM »
Seems I'm alone in this one. Chalk it up to my bad luck. I am closing the topic.
I use more torque to tighten my lug nuts than what Honda engines put to their wheels.