Details

Author Topic: Seaboard Marine Caribbean Motor Racing Championship 2018 Round 2, trinidad  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
  • I race @ Dover, not on the road
    • View Profile
2018 Seaboard Marine CMRC Round 2, Trinidad
Jamaican riders going to Trinidad for Round 2 of the 2018 Seaboard Marine Caribbean Motor Racing Championships at the Franklyn Boodram International Speedway @ Wallerfield, Trinidad.
1. Norman Chung
2. Kyle Reynolds
3. McShane Heslop
4. Kai Kamana Watson
5. Robert Simma McDonald
6. Mario Woon
7. Noel "Eddie" von Holtz

Drivers:
1. Peter Rae Mazda RX7
2. Jamie James Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV
3. Douglas "Hollywood" Gore Auri TT RS DTM
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline Hilary

• View Profile
Dean, Thanks for the information. By the way you omitted to show the date of the meet.
Mr.J.

Offline subbie youth

• machine
    • View Profile
which car doug will be driving?
"""GQ"""

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
Dean, Thanks for the information. By the way you omitted to show the date of the meet.
Mr.J.
Thanks Mr. J, sharp as a tack you still are. Good to hear from you.
Its funny how everyone considers honesty a virtue, yet no one wants to hear the truth
Its hard to get someone to understand your point when their income depends on them not understanding your point

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
which car doug will be driving?

Doug will be driving his former Audi TT RS DTM. The gentleman from Trinidad who bought the car from him has asked him to race it at next weekend's event. Doug's crew chief Raj Jadusingh was in Trinidad last week prepping the car after the owner had it fully repaired. I think we will finally see the full potential of the car with all the updates that Doug had on it before the crash, but the car needs a proper shakedown before the event to fine tune anything that may have been overlooked in the repair and restoration of the car. I will be travelling with Doug to Trinidad on Thursday so hopefully we will get all day Friday to set up the car.
I will certainly keep you updated about what is happening there.

Offline Duct Tape

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
Jamaica will be fielding a large and powerful contingent of ten racers, its largest touring team ever, at the second round of the 2018 Seaboard Marine Caribbean Motor Racing Championships to be held at the Frankie Boodram Wallerfield International Raceway in Trinidad and Tobago over the weekend of June 23 and 24.

Coming off a strong showing at the first round held in May at Jamaica’s Jamwest Motorsports and Adventure Park, Jamaica is leading the overall country points for both cars and bikes, as again the largest field of bikes took to the grid for three races to start the season for the regional competition. For the first time, Jamaican riders locked out all three places on the podium in a motorcycle race on their way to amassing 167 points going into the 2nd round. The northern Caribbean motorsports powerhouse will be represented on two wheels by:
1. Norman “Chris” Chung 2008 Yamaha R6
2. Kyle Reynolds 2012 Castrol Kawasaki ZX6R
3. McShane Heslop 2013 Suzuki GSXR600
4. Kai “Kamana” Watson 2008 Kawasaki ZX6R
5. Seymour “Simma” McDonald 2009 Clarke’s Hardware Yamaha R6
6. Mario Woon 2007 Honda CBR RR aka Emily
7. Noel "Eddie" von Holtz 2007 Suzuki GSXR600

Photo credit Mikeyspice
Leading the charge for the Reggae Racers on four wheels will be 50 year motorsports veteran Peter “Zoom” Rae on his farewell tour, driving his Peter Rae Auto/Epping Mazda RX7, who had a not so great outing at Round 1 where he failed to score any points in his Group 4 outings but placed 5th in the 1st Group 5 fixture. He will be looking to make amends at Round 2 as he bids farewell to competition at the end of this season.

Photo credit Mikeyspice
At the other end of the experience scale is Jamie James, who will be touring with the CMRC for the first time, in his James Trucking/Clarke’s Hardware Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV. Failing to finish twice at Jamwest, he has scored 18 points in Group 4, and is the recipient of a loaned engine in Trinidad after the 4G63 motor in the belly of the 007 beast spilled its guts coming on to the half mile front straight while defending 3rd place from David Summerbell in the final Group 5 race of the day.

Photo credit Pedro Valiente
3 time CMRC Group 4 champion Douglas "Hollywood" Gore has been invited to pilot his former steed, the Audi TT RS DTM, by its new owner Fyzool Madan, at next weekend’s event, the first time the car will turn a wheel in anger after its restoration following a season ending crash at Jamwest in 2017. Crew Chief Rajendra Jadusingh has been to Trinidad to make final preparations on the car ahead of Gore’s arrival. The car is to be returned to its original Red Bull graphic scheme with which it originally campaigned in the German series.
For more information on The Jamaica Race Drivers Club, visit our website at www.jrdc.org
Facebook Group: https://web.facebook.com/groups/364423274312/
Facebook page: https://web.facebook.com/The-Jamaica-Race-Drivers-Club-480467405324248/
Email: jrdc@ymail.com

For media purposes only. No regulatory value.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 05:57:46 PM by Duct Tape »

Offline i.am.teach

• While you are complaining, I'm flat...
    • View Profile
So none of you gonna speak about the CRAP Doug did down there?  Just let it slide...

Not this time.  He embarrassed us as a nation.  Hope the JMMC and JRDC will finally set an example of what happens when you think you are can do anything and get away with it.

Fair time now. 
Hello everyone. Please note my NEW phone # below
NEW Barbados #:  246-240-3201

Offline jmcn R

• Viva La Revolucion'!!!!uno111!1!
    • View Profile
Only saw a few bits of film both on track and in the pits, and in this case I can say one thing to Doug "Hollywood" Gore....

Thank you for responding with emotion and standing up for yourself, reminding us its a human being behind the wheel!
Not much else to be said about the event, not the 1st time a lack of talent has been allowed to use the track in the Caribbean and endanger others...won't be the last.

What is embarrassing however is coming to a hardly used (sadly) medium such as WJ to mudsling talking about "us" Jamaicans being embarrassed as a Nation, while residing in somebody else's Nation.........................

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF22731HoUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydDQNk4oaCY

Quote from: DoughollywoodGore
Sad ending to a hard racing weekend. Saturday mid day we where getting the bugs out of the Audi, we where looking forward to having a good day with the car. Bullet needed the car sorted so that he could now take over the rains in the DTM. The car is not the easiest car to drive and he wanted me to sort the car out. First race after starting in 10th position made my way up to being in the first corner with the leader. Got a tap in the rear and spun. The rain came down real hard and I got the car going again and was able to pass everyone that had passed and with one car to go and the race was Red flagged because the rain was pouring now. After the officials Spook they decided to re run the race as the last race for the day. Started in 7th and as you could see by the first corner I was now in 2nd place. Cristian Bourne in his Evo (same car that spun me in the first race came a blatantly hit me in the back of the car damaging the Audi. This was not necessary and I hope action will be taken by the local race steward. I understand that many times this has happened from this driver. My actions after the Incident was uncalled for but the heat of the moment came over me. We will rebuild again and be back.

Another angle ....... https://www.instagram.com/p/BkbhsF-H0vI/?taken-by=doughollywoodgore

My $0.02 .... I think that Doug did embarrass both himself and Jamaica by his extreme emotional reaction (He is now on the 2018 JRDC board) and also placing himself in danger by wandering onto an active racing circuit (yellow flag) .... FIA violation. The TT EVO driver Christian Bourne was a complete A$$ but Doug's reaction was inexcusable IMO

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkfZvn3hugl/?taken-by=876streets

The tone of the TT Bullet team apology .... totally sums it up ..... quite measured and apologetic for Hollywood's behavior.

Thank you for responding with emotion and standing up for yourself, reminding us its a human being behind the wheel!
Not much else to be said about the event, not the 1st time a lack of talent has been allowed to use the track in the Caribbean and endanger others...won't be the last.

What is embarrassing however is coming to a hardly used (sadly) medium such as WJ to mudsling talking about "us" Jamaicans being embarrassed as a Nation, while residing in somebody else's Nation.........................

Locally (JM)  we have gotten accustomed to such emotional and boorish behavior .... nuff said by another Jamaican !!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkn-1hgniAI/?taken-by=jamaicamotoringclub
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:55:10 PM by Nismodfy »

Offline i.am.teach

• View Profile

Only saw a few bits of film both on track and in the pits, and in this case I can say one thing to Doug "Hollywood" Gore....

Who are you?  Unfortunately I have no clue who you are, so can't comment further on what your motivation is to defend Doug in this instance.

It is for exactly the reason that I reside and compete in another country why this stupid (big normal) act of Doug needs to end in him being banned for the sport.  He had 6 or 7 infractions to the JMMC Codes/Regs which individually are bad and collectively are a disgrace.

No matter how you ask it up, Doug needs a break from the sport, and a wake up call...

Offline Shifter Kart

• my jimmies remain unrustled
  • Global Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • And God decreed onto SK, "Thou shalt rally."
    • View Profile
Teach i know you never join WJ yesterday so i know you know who jmcnr is  [rofl]

i cant agree with him on this one though....Doug is my friend, and i have been in his position and can understand how he felt, but what he did was wrong wrong wrong and there is a good chance he may be sanctioned for it.
Jetcon Racing
Official dealer for KW Suspension.

"He who knows how will always work for he who knows why."
- David Lee Roth

Offline Jeff

• View Profile
So none of you gonna speak about the CRAP Doug did down there?  Just let it slide...

Not this time.  He embarrassed us as a nation.  Hope the JMMC and JRDC will finally set an example of what happens when you think you are can do anything and get away with it.

Fair time now.

Wow! Didn't realize our nation and pride for same in support of others racing in foreign Countries mattered to this guy after being shown his live fb feed during Rally Barbados.  Truth is he embarrasses us as a nation every time he opens his mouth........

Offline HOLLYWOOD

• View Profile
Jeff, you too Bad. My emotions did get the better of me, but seeing this guy drive all weekend he should not be allowed to drive in GP4 until he goes to Teach School  [ponder] [ponder] [blackeye] [blackeye] :o :o.
That being said, even Vettell driving into the side of another racers car on purpose and he still got to race, what i did was bad, but not that bad.
Seeing the Audi built back to look and feel like better than before and to see the car in pcs on the tramac, to see also Jamie James and Andrew Kings in pcs i snapped. For that i am truly sorry but i say in my head the race is Red flagged (or should have been as cars could not race though that carnage) that i was going to make sure he could not join back the race after all these cars that he made mash up could not. Again hope ill be racing in August as the Beast engine is here and will be installed over the weekend.

Offline i.am.teach

• View Profile
Oh Jeff, shut up.  You just do you and don't worry about anyone else.  You seem to want me to like you or something, even sending presents my way.  Just stop....

Unfortunately I am not a fan of yours, but I still respect your achievements and performances behind the wheel (most times).  This doesn't mean I have to be a Fudgy Lacky and latch on to you hip.

So please, stop trying so hard. 

Lol Hollywood.  He'd be in front of you if he came to my school.  Just kidding, you'd have pushed him out the way like you did me (seems you hate losing).

Anyway, let's see what Justice is served. 

My recommendation, when you say sorry - stop after that.  Your apology above with an excuse after doesn't cone across as an apology.

The heat of the moment is understandable, but you should be big enough to also take responsibility for your own actions. 

Hope you learn from this and grow from it. 

« Last Edit: July 9, 2018, 07:49:43 PM by i.am.teach »

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
Quote from: Veliston Walker on Fb
As such, and under the authority as outlined in the FIA Articles listed above, the JMMC CS hereby order the following Penalties be inflicted.

1) A fine of US$1,000.00

2) An obligation to perform Community Service at four (4) schools and one (1) JMMC project, to be completed by December 31, 2018. Terms and conditions to be outlined further by the ASN.

3) Suspension of your Competition License for the remainder of the 2018 calendar year, with
immediate effect. Due to the nature of the infractions, having taken place during competition in a foreign country, this suspension shall be International in nature and the FIA duly informed of same.

4) A period of Probation commencing immediately and expiring on December 31, 2019. Any behaviour considered prejudicial to the interest of motor sport generally during this period will result in further disciplinary action.

We further request that a public apology be issued by you, to the JMMC, TTASA, CMRA, CMRC and JRDC.

Your JMMC Competition Licence should be returned immediately. The JMMC will inform the FIA of your Suspension as per the ISC. The JMMC will publish a public declaration of the details of your penalties as outlined in points 1 – 4 above.

The JMMC will contact you regarding the nature of the Community Service to be performed.

We do hope that despite the circumstances that has led to this necessary action you will learn from the experience and once again be the good motor sport ambassador you, your family, sponsors, club, fans and ASN expect.

Regards,
Stephen Gunter

For reference ...... https://www.instagram.com/p/BkfZvn3hugl/?taken-by=876streets

Offline Jeff

• View Profile
Oh Jeff, shut up.  You just do you and don't worry about anyone else.  You seem to want me to like you or something, even sending presents my way.  Just stop....

Unfortunately I am not a fan of yours, but I still respect your achievements and performances behind the wheel (most times).  This doesn't mean I have to be a Fudgy Lacky and latch on to you hip.

So please, stop trying so hard. 

Lol Hollywood.  He'd be in front of you if he came to my school.  Just kidding, you'd have pushed him out the way like you did me (seems you hate losing).

Anyway, let's see what Justice is served. 

My recommendation, when you say sorry - stop after that.  Your apology above with an excuse after doesn't cone across as an apology.

The heat of the moment is understandable, but you should be big enough to also take responsibility for your own actions. 

Hope you learn from this and grow from it.

Kisses and hugs!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:34:43 AM by Jeff »

Offline i.am.teach

• View Profile
Right back at you, Jeff.  Love ya lots!

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
JMMC Competition Subcommittee (CS) hearing and decision report summary – Douglas Gore Trinidad incident
Posted in July 10th, 2018
by Stephen Gunter in Uncategorized

July 10, 2018

JMMC Competition Subcommittee (CS) hearing and decision report summary.

Matter: Mr. Douglas Gore’s conduct during on-track and off-track incidents at the June 23 & 24, 2018 Seaboard Marine CMRC Round 2 event at the Frankie Boodram Wallerfield International Raceway in Trinidad.

As part of JMMC CS investigations into the matter, as per applicable Articles of the FIA International Sporting Code, Mr. Gore was given opportunity of presenting his defence.

Hearing date; Saturday July 7, 2018.

CS Panel: Mr. Stephen Gunter; Ms. Marcia Dawes; Mr. Michael Fennell Jnr; Mrs Wendy Dressekie-Gordon; Mr. Thomas Hall.

Respondent: Mr. Douglas Gore

The meeting was conducted via the Skype video messaging service, on the request of Mr. Gore who had been given options for attendance, including postponing to another date.

CS decision informed to Mr. Gore on Monday July 9, 2018.

— End of Summary —

The full text of the JMMC CS letter to Mr. Gore follows.

—Begin full text of CS letter to Mr. Douglas Gore—

July 9, 2018
Mr. Douglas Gore
General Manager
Mobay Freight Services
Lot 5 Fairfield Estate
Bogue
Montego Bay

Dear Mr. Gore,

In keeping with Due Process and applicable Articles of the FIA International Sporting Code including Article 12.3.4 the JMMC summoned you to give opportunity of presenting a defence at a specially convened Competition Subcommittee (CS) meeting on July 7, 2018 in regard to the matter of your involvement in on-track and off-track incidents at the June 23 & 24, 2018 Seaboard Marine CMRC Round 2 event at the Frankie Boodram Wallerfield International Raceway in Trinidad. We were happy to accommodate your requested preference of conducting the meeting via Skype.

Thank you for your candour while presenting your defence during the CS meeting on Saturday July 7, 2018. Your honesty in regard to the events in question is appreciated.

In regard to the matter of your involvement in on-track and off-track incidents at the June 23 & 24, 2018 Seaboard Marine CMRC Round 2 event at the Frankie Boodram Wallerfield International Raceway in Trinidad, the JMMC CS notes the following.

• You are the holder of duly issued JMMC Competition License MSF1676-18IC, a Grade C International license valid for the 2018 calendar year.
• While in Trinidad to compete in the 2018 Seaboard Marine CMRC Round 2 event you secured a second license from the Trinidad & Tobago ASN TTASA, a “Category C” National license.
• On Sunday June 24, 2018 there was an incident of contact during a CMRC race in which you were a participant.
• Following on-track contact between your car and the car of Mr. Bourne, you exited your car, walked across the race track and proceeded to stand in the centre of the Live race track with cars driving by, waiting for Mr. Bourne to again pass the accident scene. Video footage clearly shows the corner marshals waving the appropriate double yellow flags indicating that the race track was still Live.
• You placed yourself in harm’s way in front of the moving car of Mr. Bourne in order to stop him on the track. This was done despite other cars being behind him and the track still Live, albeit under Caution as indicated by the marshal waving double yellow flags.
• With admitted malice and aforethought you used your HANS devise to assault Mr. Bourne’s car, breaking his windscreen while shouting at him. You further used your HANS device to damage Mr. Bourne’s rear spoiler.
• Video footage documents you making threats of physical violence against Mr. Bourne while you were still on the race track by your race car, in the company of Mr. Jamie James and Mr. Franklyn Boodram.
• You continued the confrontation in the Paddock area, to the point where you had to be physically restrained and the Trinidad Police had to intervene.

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
First, to the matter of the National licence issued to you by TTASA, we remind you of the following Articles of the FIA International Sporting Code.

ARTICLE 9.3 RIGHT OF ISSUING LICENCES

9.3.1 Each ASN shall be entitled to issue Licences to its nationals.

9.3.2 Each ASN shall be entitled to issue Licences to the nationals of other countries represented within the FIA, in compliance with the following mandatory conditions:

9.3.2.a that their Parent ASN gives its prior agreement to the issuing, which may only take place once a year and in special cases;

9.3.2.b that they can produce for their Parent ASN (the country of their passport) proof of permanent residence in the other country (any person aged less than 18 years on the day of the request must also provide an attestation that they are in full?time education in the other country);

9.3.2.c that their Parent ASN has recovered the Licence originally issued.

We state for the record that the JMMC did not give prior agreement to TTASA for a license to be issued to you. In fact, the JMMC was never contacted by TTASA about the matter. The licence issued by TTASA is therefore in breach of the FIA ISC and it not valid for competition. That license should be returned to TTASA for its destruction.

Next, to the matter of your conduct as earlier outlined. We remind you of the following Articles of the FIA International Sporting Code.

1.3.1 Any person, or group of persons, organising a Competition or taking part therein:

1.3.1.a Shall be deemed to be acquainted with the statutes and regulations of the FIA and the national regulations.

1.3.1.b Shall undertake to submit themselves without reserve to the above and to the decisions of the sporting authority and to the consequences resulting therefrom.

1.3.2 In case of non?compliance with these provisions, any person or group which organises a Competition or takes part therein, may have the Licence which has been issued to them withdrawn, and any manufacturer may be excluded from the FIA Championships on a temporary or permanent basis. The FIA and/or the ASN will state reasons for its decisions.

2.1.1.a All Competitions conducted in a country represented within the FIA are governed by the Code.

9.15.1 The Competitor shall be responsible for all acts or omissions on the part of any person taking part in, or providing a service in connection with, a Competition or a Championship on their behalf, including in particular their employees, direct or indirect, their Drivers, mechanics, consultants, service providers, or passengers, as well as any person to whom the Competitor has allowed access to the Reserved Areas.

9.15.2 In addition, each of these persons shall be equally responsible for any breach of the Code or of the national rules of the ASN concerned.

12.1.1 Any of the following offences, in addition to any offences specifically referred to previously, shall be deemed to be a breach of these rules:

12.1.1.c Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any Competition or to the interests of motor sport generally.

12.1.1.f Any words, deeds or writings that have caused moral injury or loss to the FIA, its bodies, its members or its executive officers.

12.1.1.h Any unsafe act or failure to take reasonable measures, thus resulting in an unsafe situation.

12.1.2 Unless stated otherwise, offences or infringements are punishable, whether they were committed intentionally or through negligence.

12.1.5 The statutory limitation on the prosecution of infringements is five years.

12.2.2 Penalties or fines may be inflicted by the stewards and ASNs as indicated in the following Articles.

12.2.1 Any breach of the Code, of the national rules or their appendices, or of any Supplementary Regulations committed by any Organiser, official, Competitor, Driver, Participant, other licence?holder, or other person or organisation may be penalised or fined.

12.3.1 Penalties may be inflicted as follows:

12.3.1.a reprimand (blame);

12.3.1.b fine;

12.3.1.c obligation to accomplish some work of public interest;

12.3.1.k Disqualification;

12.3.1.l Suspension;

12.3.1.m Exclusion.

12.3.4 Any one of the above penalties can only be inflicted after consideration of the evidence available and, in case of one of the last three, the party concerned must be summoned to give them the opportunity of presenting their defence.

12.3.5.b These penalties may, where applicable, be cumulated or applied with suspension of sentence.

12.4.1 A fine may be inflicted on any Competitor and also on any Driver, Passenger, person or organisation as mentioned in Article 12.2.1 of the Code who does not comply with the requirements of any regulations or with any instruction of the officials of the Event.

12.9.1 In addition to that provided for in the Code and in the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, a sentence of Suspension may also be pronounced by an ASN, and shall be reserved for grave offences.

12.9.2 A sentence of Suspension, for as long as it remains in force, shall entail the loss of any right to take part in any capacity whatsoever in any Competition held within the territory of the ASN which has pronounced such sentence or within the territories of any country in which the authority of the FIA is recognised, according to whether such Suspension is national or international.

12.13.1 Except in the cases provided for in the FIA Judicial and Disciplinary Rules, a sentence of Exclusion can be pronounced only by an ASN, and will be reserved for offences of exceptional gravity.

12.13.2 A sentence of Exclusion shall always be international in nature. It shall be notified to all the ASNs, and be registered by them according to the conditions of international Suspension.

12.19.1 The FIA or any ASN concerned shall have the right to publish or to have published a declaration stating that it has penalised any person, Automobile, or make of Automobile.

12.19.2 Without prejudice to any right to appeal any decision persons referred to in such declaration shall have no right of legal action against the FIA, or the ASN, or against any person publishing the said declaration.

The JMMC CS finds that your behaviour as outlined constitutes “act(s) prejudicial to the interests of any Competition or to the interests of motor sport generally” as well as “words, deeds or writings that have caused moral injury or loss to the FIA, its bodies, its members or its executive officers.” and “unsafe act(s) or failure to take reasonable measures, thus resulting in an unsafe situation.” The JMMC CS further considers your behaviour in its entirety to be a grave offence.

As such, and under the authority as outlined in the FIA Articles listed above, the JMMC CS hereby order the following Penalties be inflicted.

1) A fine of US$1,000.00
2) An obligation to perform Community Service at four (4) schools and one (1) JMMC project, to be completed by December 31, 2018. Terms and conditions to be outlined further by the ASN.
3) Suspension of your Competition License for the remainder of the 2018 calendar year, with immediate effect. Due to the nature of the infractions, having taken place during competition in a foreign country, this suspension shall be International in nature and the FIA duly informed of same.
4) A period of Probation commencing immediately and expiring on December 31, 2019. Any behaviour considered prejudicial to the interest of motor sport generally during this period will result in further disciplinary action.

We further request that a public apology be issued by you, to the JMMC, TTASA, CMRA, CMRC and JRDC.

Your JMMC Competition Licence should be returned immediately. The JMMC will inform the FIA of your Suspension as per the ISC. The JMMC will publish a public declaration of the details of your penalties as outlined in points 1 – 4 above.

The JMMC will contact you regarding the nature of the Community Service to be performed.

We do hope that despite the circumstances that has led to this necessary action you will learn from the experience and once again be the good motor sport ambassador you, your family, sponsors, club, fans and ASN expect.

Regards,

Stephen Gunter
Co-Chairman
Competition Subcommittee
Chairman, JMMC

Source : http://jamaicamotorsports.com/2018/07/10/jmmc-competition-subcommittee-cs-hearing-and-decision-report-summary-douglas-gore-trinidad-incident/

Offline i.am.teach

• View Profile
Fair but lenient.  Well written and easily understood.

JMMC, as the ASN, has done a good job on this matter, and should be applauded. 

Offline i.am.teach

• View Profile
Someone questioned by National Pride?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqt07HR2sh8

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
I think the punishment may have been a bit harsh with the FIA worldwide notification / suspension  of competition license for the rest of 2018 included unless that is somehow related to the TTASA dual license violation. A message may be being sent ..... that JM enforcement of FIA rules will  now be job 1 for the JMMC but Mr Gunter (@toyracer) #TSR should have recused himself.

This is the problem when individuals who retire from active participation in motorsports do not transition to administration / mentorship roles leaving only active team members to fill critical admin roles.

@Hollywood more time for proper testing b4 2019 ......  8)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 09:46:58 AM by Nismodfy »

Offline i.am.teach

• View Profile

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
Quote from: Bobby Stewart on Fb
So here’s a more toned-down version of my thoughts from yesterday. First off, this issue between Doug Gore and Stephen Gunter’s JMMC shouldn’t have anything to do with TSR, of course, and relax - TSR is NOT the subject of this post. Secondly, as most of you know, I am a friend of Doug, and am not employed by sponsors, or posting on behalf of any, whether they share my last name or not. That said... onwards.

I've made no secret of my opinion that Stephen Gunter's choosing to lead the charge in investigating and adjudicating Doug’s incident in Trinidad could arguably be considered reckless, given the apparent and reasonably obvious conflicts of interest. It was widely reported last year that TSR was most unhappy at the JMMC investigation officially naming them as the cause of the big Jamwest crash between themselves and Doug. Stephen Gunter, among his other motoring caps, has been the crew chief and a principal at TSR for years.

However, fast forward a year, to this year’s JMMC AGM, at the end of May, where Gunter put himself up for election and was voted chairman of the JMMC. Gunter clearly has a long and distinguished history in the racing community over the years, and in many ways is a good fit for the position. But the events over the last few days make me wonder if perhaps it would not be inexcusable to think that he was partially motivated by not wanting to be in the same position as last year again? And certainly surely no one could argue that he shouldn’t be extra careful in how he dispenses his office, to avoid the appearance of conflict with his other roles.

But my main concern is that there seems to be more than just the appearance that when this incident with Doug arose, he didn’t seem to be able to remove himself from the process and avoid the impression that he couldn’t resist the temptation to knock Doug out, as perhaps both “getting back” for the embarrassment last year, and also as a “too clever” power play to eliminate Doug from this year’s races, as well as possibly damage his sponsorship income. I’ve already stated my opinion that the situation seems to stink, and appears to myself, and others, an unsettling abuse of Gunter’s new position.

The FIA rules speak clearly on avoiding conflicts of interest. Stephen Gunter clearly had very real conflicting interests in leading the investigation and committee vote on Doug’s fate - since his team would benefit greatly by their arch-rival being banned from racing. It’s hard to believe for one second that Gunter would not be aware that he should have considered recusing himself from the process to avoid the appearance of a nasty abuse of power - yet, he clearly seems not to have considered it important enough to do what would widely be considered the right thing.

It sadly supports the possible misconception that he simply couldn’t resist the opportunity presented to hit Doug, and perhaps imagined it might be simple to manage and limit the uproar later. If so, that would certainly seem to me to be an presumptuous and short-sighted approach - but of course I’m only able to interpret his decisions from the outside. But the racing community is not stupid, and what appears to be the majority of Jamaican racers seem to be of the opinion that the punishment is notably harsher than the crime, and highly questionable - especially given that this appears to be a first-offense of its kind for Doug. The FIA rules speak clearly of the need for “proportionality” when considering penalties, with the harshest penalties reserved for repeat offenders.

Generally speaking, abuses of power always create disillusionment and mistrust. In the last two days, there is already talk of racers selling their cars, or openly discussing boycotts of all JMMC events, a sentiment also being expressed by many fans of the sport. It would not be difficult to state that Mr Gunter’s actions here have not shown themselves to be in the interest and well-being of the sport in Jamaica. In every country and in each racing body, the desire to punish racers at any level must always be balanced with care so as not to damage the spirit of competition, sponsors and the fan support as well, and hence the sport overall. It could arguably be said that Mr Gunter appears to have been less concerned about this aspect, and more concerned with giving the maximum penalty that could be gotten away with.

It can hardly be surprising that people are concerned by the appearance that he was motivated more by his own personal conflict of interest, due to his close personal relationship, and involvement in, TSR - who coincidentally is left looking like the main beneficiary of banning Doug from racing. A rather nasty and uncomfortable situation, in my opinion.

Not at all surprising, however, is that the FIA (under whose rules the JMMC is required to operate, since they are an FIA ASN) has no shortage of rules and guidelines on conflicts of interest - all of which would have indicated that Stephen Gunter should have stepped aside in this process, from start to finish.

However, as a result of his decision to lead the process, the JMMC decision regarding Doug is likely completely indefensible on appeal. Gunter has also informed Doug in writing that he has no appeal open to him, but a review of the FIA rules suggest that is simply not correct. As far as I can see (and hear, from what legally minded friends have told me) the JMMC decision handed down to Doug by Gunter directly, will likely be thrown out pretty much INSTANTLY for more than one reason, the most serious of which being the conflict of interest.

In forcing Doug to appeal this unfair racing ban, I feel that the JMMC and Gunter would be almost guaranteeing that their organization will suffer an complete reversal of their “judgement” by the FIA’s International Court of Appeals, an embarrassing reversal that will ultimately undermine their authority in the eyes of everyone who cares. If anyone wonders why I keep putting “judgement” in quotation marks, it’s because I don’t feel that good judgement was EVER a part of this process, as it has every appearance of a just-too-clever lynching of an arch-rival.

In my opinion, the JMMC would be well advised to throw out their own decision, recognizing that it is fatally riddled with obvious and blatant conflict. I would suggest they should then hand down a new judgement with significant fines, public service, etc - but with no attempt to implement a ban, suspension of license, and the resultant reporting on Doug to the FIA ledger.

Yes, as part of the JMMC decision, and license suspension, the JMMC has indicated in writing that they have decided to avail themselves of the OPTIONAL treatment of notifying the FIA of Doug's offences and requesting their the JMMC bans be recognized internationally. Normally, bans by a local ASN such as the JMMC are only recognized and enforced locally. By requesting the FIA to take this extra step, they are asking the all ASNs worldwide be notified, and a permanent record kept - which naturally would follow him for life.

Once again here, this rather EXTRA treatment would seem to indicate the desire of Gunter and the JMMC to inflict the maximum possible damage to Doug and his career. So, with that potential life sentence hanging over Doug’s Head, like a dark cloud, I will close this opinion piece with the new rallying cry coined yesterday by one of Doug’s fellow racers:

#FREEHOLLYWOOD

Offline Works

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
So how many active races was Mr Gore going to participate in for the rest of the year?
It sounds harsh but if it ends up being 3 races then that maybe considered lenient, now if it was 6 then yes that's harsh.... 

Offline i.am.teach

• View Profile
Quote from: Bobby Stewart on Fb
So here’s a more toned-down version of my thoughts from yesterday. First off, this issue between Doug Gore and Stephen Gunter’s JMMC shouldn’t have anything to do with TSR, of course, and relax - TSR is NOT the subject of this post. Secondly, as most of you know, I am a friend of Doug, and am not employed by sponsors, or posting on behalf of any, whether they share my last name or not. That said... onwards.

I've made no secret of my opinion that Stephen Gunter's choosing to lead the charge in investigating and adjudicating Doug’s incident in Trinidad could arguably be considered reckless, given the apparent and reasonably obvious conflicts of interest. It was widely reported last year that TSR was most unhappy at the JMMC investigation officially naming them as the cause of the big Jamwest crash between themselves and Doug. Stephen Gunter, among his other motoring caps, has been the crew chief and a principal at TSR for years.

However, fast forward a year, to this year’s JMMC AGM, at the end of May, where Gunter put himself up for election and was voted chairman of the JMMC. Gunter clearly has a long and distinguished history in the racing community over the years, and in many ways is a good fit for the position. But the events over the last few days make me wonder if perhaps it would not be inexcusable to think that he was partially motivated by not wanting to be in the same position as last year again? And certainly surely no one could argue that he shouldn’t be extra careful in how he dispenses his office, to avoid the appearance of conflict with his other roles.

But my main concern is that there seems to be more than just the appearance that when this incident with Doug arose, he didn’t seem to be able to remove himself from the process and avoid the impression that he couldn’t resist the temptation to knock Doug out, as perhaps both “getting back” for the embarrassment last year, and also as a “too clever” power play to eliminate Doug from this year’s races, as well as possibly damage his sponsorship income. I’ve already stated my opinion that the situation seems to stink, and appears to myself, and others, an unsettling abuse of Gunter’s new position.

The FIA rules speak clearly on avoiding conflicts of interest. Stephen Gunter clearly had very real conflicting interests in leading the investigation and committee vote on Doug’s fate - since his team would benefit greatly by their arch-rival being banned from racing. It’s hard to believe for one second that Gunter would not be aware that he should have considered recusing himself from the process to avoid the appearance of a nasty abuse of power - yet, he clearly seems not to have considered it important enough to do what would widely be considered the right thing.

It sadly supports the possible misconception that he simply couldn’t resist the opportunity presented to hit Doug, and perhaps imagined it might be simple to manage and limit the uproar later. If so, that would certainly seem to me to be an presumptuous and short-sighted approach - but of course I’m only able to interpret his decisions from the outside. But the racing community is not stupid, and what appears to be the majority of Jamaican racers seem to be of the opinion that the punishment is notably harsher than the crime, and highly questionable - especially given that this appears to be a first-offense of its kind for Doug. The FIA rules speak clearly of the need for “proportionality” when considering penalties, with the harshest penalties reserved for repeat offenders.

Generally speaking, abuses of power always create disillusionment and mistrust. In the last two days, there is already talk of racers selling their cars, or openly discussing boycotts of all JMMC events, a sentiment also being expressed by many fans of the sport. It would not be difficult to state that Mr Gunter’s actions here have not shown themselves to be in the interest and well-being of the sport in Jamaica. In every country and in each racing body, the desire to punish racers at any level must always be balanced with care so as not to damage the spirit of competition, sponsors and the fan support as well, and hence the sport overall. It could arguably be said that Mr Gunter appears to have been less concerned about this aspect, and more concerned with giving the maximum penalty that could be gotten away with.

It can hardly be surprising that people are concerned by the appearance that he was motivated more by his own personal conflict of interest, due to his close personal relationship, and involvement in, TSR - who coincidentally is left looking like the main beneficiary of banning Doug from racing. A rather nasty and uncomfortable situation, in my opinion.

Not at all surprising, however, is that the FIA (under whose rules the JMMC is required to operate, since they are an FIA ASN) has no shortage of rules and guidelines on conflicts of interest - all of which would have indicated that Stephen Gunter should have stepped aside in this process, from start to finish.

However, as a result of his decision to lead the process, the JMMC decision regarding Doug is likely completely indefensible on appeal. Gunter has also informed Doug in writing that he has no appeal open to him, but a review of the FIA rules suggest that is simply not correct. As far as I can see (and hear, from what legally minded friends have told me) the JMMC decision handed down to Doug by Gunter directly, will likely be thrown out pretty much INSTANTLY for more than one reason, the most serious of which being the conflict of interest.

In forcing Doug to appeal this unfair racing ban, I feel that the JMMC and Gunter would be almost guaranteeing that their organization will suffer an complete reversal of their “judgement” by the FIA’s International Court of Appeals, an embarrassing reversal that will ultimately undermine their authority in the eyes of everyone who cares. If anyone wonders why I keep putting “judgement” in quotation marks, it’s because I don’t feel that good judgement was EVER a part of this process, as it has every appearance of a just-too-clever lynching of an arch-rival.

In my opinion, the JMMC would be well advised to throw out their own decision, recognizing that it is fatally riddled with obvious and blatant conflict. I would suggest they should then hand down a new judgement with significant fines, public service, etc - but with no attempt to implement a ban, suspension of license, and the resultant reporting on Doug to the FIA ledger.

Yes, as part of the JMMC decision, and license suspension, the JMMC has indicated in writing that they have decided to avail themselves of the OPTIONAL treatment of notifying the FIA of Doug's offences and requesting their the JMMC bans be recognized internationally. Normally, bans by a local ASN such as the JMMC are only recognized and enforced locally. By requesting the FIA to take this extra step, they are asking the all ASNs worldwide be notified, and a permanent record kept - which naturally would follow him for life.

Once again here, this rather EXTRA treatment would seem to indicate the desire of Gunter and the JMMC to inflict the maximum possible damage to Doug and his career. So, with that potential life sentence hanging over Doug’s Head, like a dark cloud, I will close this opinion piece with the new rallying cry coined yesterday by one of Doug’s fellow racers:

#FREEHOLLYWOOD

So let me get this straight.....

It is someone else's fault Doug received the punishment he has for his own actions?  That the who upholds the law is more important than why it needed to be upheld in the 1st place.

Ok.  Doesn't sound right, but it is sometimes opinion so it must be allowed to be just that. 

Offline logic

• View Profile
This reminds me of when rappers do a crime and the public creams free said rapper............amazing and laughable.

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
So how many active races was Mr Gore going to participate in for the rest of the year?
It sounds harsh but if it ends up being 3 races then that maybe considered lenient, now if it was 6 then yes that's harsh....

Individuals on Fb have suggested that @Hollywood's sponsors may abandon him in 2019 if he is not able to prove the "KIA" is competitive in 2018. Also his license's International suspension will be a permanent stain on his otherwise pristine FIA record globally .... harsh !!

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
This reminds me of when rappers do a crime and the public creams free said rapper............amazing and laughable.

Does ring a bell @logic ..... but many spectators & racers have indicated that they will boycott Dover events even tho the JRDC had nothing to  do with the suspension ......

Offline Works

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Individuals on Fb have suggested that @Hollywood's sponsors may abandon him in 2019 if he is not able to prove the "KIA" is competitive in 2018. Also his license's International suspension will be a permanent stain on his otherwise pristine FIA record globally .... harsh !!
Ruff, let's hope that doesn't happen, however when you represent the country one should always remember your actions carry weight. Let's hope we can see Doug back on the track with his sponsors full backing.

Offline Nismodfy

• View Profile
Quote from: Dean A. G. Corrodus
JRDC discciplinary ruling D. Gore

Dear Members,
On Wednesday July 4 a disciplinary sub committee of the Jamaica Race Drivers Club (JRDC) was convened to address the matter of certain actions by Douglas Gore at the recently held 2018 Round 2 of the Seaboard Marine Caribbean Motor Racing Championships held at the Frankie Boodram International Circuit at Wallerfield, Trinidad on June 23/24, 2018.

In consultation with the Jamaica Millennium Motoring Club, the scope of the Jamaica Race Drivers Club hearing was limited to the off track activity following the Group 4 race #3 at the event in question.

It was determined that Mr. Gore should:
1. pay the maximum allowable fine of JMD $50,000.00 payable by July 15, 2018
2. be placed on probation for a period of one year ending in July 2019
3. be removed as a representative of the JRDC to the Caribbean Motor Racing Association
4. tender a public apology with reference to members of the JRDC, the competitors at the event and racing fans in general.

The ruling was handed down under the signature of the Committee chair Mark Myers and accepted by Mr. Gore.