Details

Author Topic: IM PUTTING MORE POWER IN THE N/A  (Read 2219 times)

Offline dohc-tor

• View Profile
IM PUTTING MORE POWER IN THE N/A
« on: July 1, 2002, 10:46:05 AM »
Ok guys listen up im keeping my SR20DE stock (no turbo)...so far i've a 2.25 free flow muffler system, with extractor, im gonna put on a stainless steel pan at the back to complete the exhaust work, i wanna go cold air intake on it....MORESPEED, and Nissolutionist, what else can I do to get more power out of the Nuclear Power Plant...i also wanna lower it by 1"....gimme some feed back....
By the time I lift the clucth, it will be over in a heartbeat.....live your life by the seconds, cause i'll take the next one from you.......((flatline))

Offline Disaint@Hsengineering

• Matthew Saunders
    • View Profile
    • HS Engineering
Re:IM PUTTING MORE POWER IN THE N/A
« Reply #1 on: July 1, 2002, 01:10:39 PM »
First off do you have LHD, or OPEN.
BTW, lay waiting turbo a practice in patients, I'm sure you could look at converting to a VE, but these are rear.
Personally I would just caugh up the dow, and go to the big box [T3/T4, with rather big intercooler, and if you have time an patients, a proper Air to Water Intercooler, with water pump and all. I would also look at getting and oil cooler.
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/archives/tech/tech02_0102.shtml
Heres a link to scc's project 200sx, you can get an Idea of the performance in each step of upgrading, notice this is a 1.6 not the 2.0
HS Engineering - Contact us for Pricing on: Tuning: Mitsubishi, Subaru, Honda.. Standalone, Flash, Chip Tuning etc. Products: Hallman Boost Controllers, Methanol, E98 Ethanol, Honda Intakes Systems

Offline dohc-tor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 1, 2002, 01:57:46 PM »
Yo! D...... 8)

I aint gonna turbo the car...here's my angle

If I turbo the GTS...im gonna be the lower class turbo, with the skyline, supras and Z's leading the pack..and Lexus.....No Handos here!!..lol ;D ;D ;D

But if i keep it naturally aspirated, i get respect for having a non-tubod car...doing some good runs...catch the draft...
By the time I lift the clucth, it will be over in a heartbeat.....live your life by the seconds, cause i'll take the next one from you.......((flatline))

Offline dohc-tor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 1, 2002, 02:05:01 PM »
but uhh!!..thanks for the link......hey...if you can send me one of a Project Sentra (USA) or Sunny (Japan)....without turbo....man these guys love the SR20DE's....I aint selling my car...

Offline Sleepe-R: Karma

• General of the Gotei 13
  • Extreme Member
  • Chains of Heave - Slicing Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 1, 2002, 03:44:38 PM »

Ok guys listen up im keeping my SR20DE stock (no turbo)...so far i've a 2.25 free flow muffler system, with extractor, im gonna put on a stainless steel pan at the back to complete the exhaust work, i wanna go cold air intake on it....MORESPEED, and Nissolutionist, what else can I do to get more power out of the Nuclear Power Plant...i also wanna lower it by 1"....gimme some feed back....

bwoy SER-ious sounds like you have a plan....but be warned  :o to tune any car to run hard NA gonna cost u a pretty penny....but it can be done. ;D ;D u on the right path so far with the exhaust and then CAI....here's a link to building the SR20DE in stages hope it helps....http://www.mechasports.com/msr_services/1320_special/drag_9599_sentra_200sx_G20_ser.html....it gives some good pointers.... ;D ;D what I'd recommend is for you to build it NA to about 220 - 250 hp then breeze it....but yow...link morespeed him have di right links fi do it both ways.....
SR Alliance...Promoting the Nissan way of Life!

I got me a devil in bed and an angel on the streets...oh this is the life!

Offline Wrecked

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 1, 2002, 04:09:42 PM »
Actually SportCompactCar have two N/A SR20DE project cars. The 200sx is highly modified and makes like 170 hp at the wheels. I think you will be hard pressed to do better than that. Some good info in those articles though.

Offline Sleepe-R: Karma

• General of the Gotei 13
  • Extreme Member
  • Chains of Heave - Slicing Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 2, 2002, 12:48:15 PM »
I know the articles you're talking about...but the key factor in those engine build ups was that they were restricted to be OBD compliant, smog laws, etc...where as in jamaica (sorry to say) the authorities don't care about that stuff....also SER-ious, you should be familiar with an article on se-r.net about a 300hp NA SR20 engine, SR20DET (GTi-R version) they removed the turbo and built off that platform  :'(...but that's how they build engines for they primeras in the super touring series....so it can be done  ;D ;D...just how much u willing to invest.... 8)
SR Alliance...Promoting the Nissan way of Life!

I got me a devil in bed and an angel on the streets...oh this is the life!