Details

Author Topic: Nissan Tech Center  (Read 73885 times)

Offline Ralliart4

• Visit Jamaica: It's the ULTIMATE obsatcle course!!
    • View Profile
Re: Nissan Tech Center
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2003, 08:04:29 PM »
 :o

That is so cool man. I have one on my KA24det 240sx turbo and man does that crap make a difference.WOW!!!

You dont have to only use a Greddy E-Manage unit to change a meter setting, you can use a HKS C-A-M-P unit oh my god that is the crap dude!!!!!! HKS rules but its mad expensive, Apex-i Super AFC 1 and 2 (I use a Apex-i SAFC1 and five button clicks and BAM!!!! its done even while driving. Its cheap insteat of buying a standalone system)

My Ka24det (kadet) runs at 10psi@286whp now and even at 7psi the stock (which is almost the same as sr's) was at about 75-90% of the meter via my Apex-i multi checker(multimeter). Before all the SR bastards start flappin 7psi on a T3/4 Kadet is alot more volume that a stock SR at a stock setting of 7psi

Jim Wolf is a theif and there are ways to bypass having to go to him but I will end up buying a ECU from him too one day. [yuk] $500.ooUS  [yuk] [yuk] >:(
Mark 6:4 - But Jesus told them, "The only place a prophet isn't honored is in his hometown, among his relatives, and in his own house."

Offline *Don Lexx

• View Profile
    • FOLLOW D LINK!
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2003, 10:57:51 PM »
MATIC HAVE U EVER SEEN THE SETUP OF A TOYOTA O2 SENSOR?

LEMME KNOW ;)

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2003, 12:07:37 AM »
yes i have tried it on my pulsar 02 sensor that was pronouced [laugh] and it works now wont harm the sensor just cleans it

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2003, 12:08:23 AM »
and o yes its for all sensors

Offline B-HZRd...Nuff Said!

• Back At It Again With The VVL
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2003, 12:43:35 AM »
HERE HERE BROTHER!!!!! I'm a strong advocate in fighting the dreaded "BOX" upgrades from father Jim. FYAH PON JIM!!! Praise tuh all management systems.

jus... 8)
Just a poor boy with fast car ambitions.

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2003, 01:28:27 AM »
hmm...seems liekt he weekest liek to our cars, well ones that contain contain sr20 motors that are front wheel drive that is, is the tranny.wheather 5th gear or 3rd gear. well i guess nissan knows about it and sells a 5th gear kit for all u guys who  experiece 5th gear pop out here is the link.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/b13/oe_5th-gear.html

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2003, 01:40:23 AM »
stumbled on this on the net. the article refers to rx7 but reading it should work for every car that has a fuel cut. only difference i see here is how u wire it in.

how to build ur own fcd

http://www.fc3s.org/how_tos/electrical/fcd.html

also how to build ur own wide band )2 sensor like what they use on the dyno to give u a more accurate air duel ratio reading

http://www.diy-wb.com/info.htm

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2003, 01:45:52 AM »

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2003, 01:47:47 AM »
good technical info to know about ur airflow meter capacity and some other stuff

http://www.nissansilvia.co.nz/tech/partnos.htm

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2003, 01:49:59 AM »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 01:51:33 AM by se-r_ on_ boost »

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2003, 01:57:34 AM »
for some reason nissan engines or anything that is sr20 has an issue where it just suddenly start to redard the time and run real rich, loss of power, which was happeening to me with my pulsar motor. well if u have any of these symptoms it could be a little thing called a knock sensor on ur motor
a real pain when it starts to act up. this artcle will explain the symptoms and explain how to deal with it.

http://www.4dsc.com/articles/drivetrain/knock_sensor/knock_sensor.shtml

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2003, 02:07:21 AM »
hmm did u know by apply 13.5 volts to ur fuel pump ur fuel pressure will go up? hey i didnt know either. as it turns out by time u the voltage reaches to ur fuel pump its not 13.5 volts anymore its more like 11 or 12 volts. this lost in voltage cause ur fuel pump not to run at its full potential, so ur fuel pump wont be at optimal. you can see from this link it gives a comparison of a fuel pump at 12 volts and one at 13.5v. there is also other uself info on the site so look around.

http://cherrypicker.tripod.com/turboupgradeforvg30dett/id5.html

ps: you can also raise ur fuel pressure by clamping ur fuel return line not all the way close but just enough to make fuel return to the tank. but the only draw back to this is that ur fule pressure will laways be high. even at idle.all motors guys should love dat. slap on msd ignition and ur good to go.

damn where is all this info coming from i must be a library [laugh]

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2003, 02:24:45 AM »
well i did some research on our 02 sensors and found out they are mad by NGK yes u heard right.NGK makes 02 sensors  :o. if u look on the 02 sensor its logoed NTK which is the logo for NGK. I suspect all the dets come with NGK 02 sensor i have stubled across 2 so far so far so corrected me if am wrong. the pulsar for sure comes with it. i ordered a sensor for my car and it came in a bosch box but when i took it out it said NTK=NGK hmm could they be the same company ..hmmm or NGK just makes sensors for them. oh well this site explains about 02 sensors how they work and why they are important especially on turbo applications. this explain why u cant swap 02 sensors from another car unless they are identicall in every way because 02 sensors read different. i have seen it for myself. so check it out might be informative to someone.
http://home.att.net/~ngksparkplugs/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

se-r_ on_ boost

se-r_ on_ boost

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2003, 02:50:36 AM »
all who wants to be like mister jim wolf here is ur chance to do it .u can program ur own ecu by the use of the program used on this link. it already has the maps for alot of japanese turbo cars out there. so if ur a sr20de with a pulsar setup or blue bird setup u could just burn the maps to your de ecu and wala instant turbo program to match ur setup. me personaly have emanage mi no have time fi all dat still. if i had time i would try but mi caa bother. so all who want to indulge try and come back an tell me.happy tuning ;D

http://forums.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/archive/topic/1263-1.html

http://www.925style.com/edittool_vb.html

http://cherrypicker.tripod.com/turboupgradeforvg30dett/id10.html

Offline Sleepe-R: Karma

• General of the Gotei 13
  • Extreme Member
  • Chains of Heave - Slicing Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2003, 08:12:42 AM »
hmm did u know by apply 13.5 volts to ur fuel pump ur fuel pressure will go up? hey i didnt know either. as it turns out by time u the voltage reaches to ur fuel pump its not 13.5 volts anymore its more like 11 or 12 volts. this lost in voltage cause ur fuel pump not to run at its full potential, so ur fuel pump wont be at optimal. you can see from this link it gives a comparison of a fuel pump at 12 volts and one at 13.5v. there is also other uself info on the site so look around.

ps: you can also raise ur fuel pressure by clamping ur fuel return line not all the way close but just enough to make fuel return to the tank. but the only draw back to this is that ur fule pressure will laways be high. even at idle.all motors guys should love dat. slap on msd ignition and ur good to go.

Yow sah...much props for the tips  [thumbsup], like how this is a free weekend for me, I'll be trying some of this stuff  [kick].

Bless
SR Alliance...Promoting the Nissan way of Life!

I got me a devil in bed and an angel on the streets...oh this is the life!

Offline Wrecked-=HS Engineering=-

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • HS Engineering Online
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2003, 02:08:31 PM »

The DSM guys do this also and it makes a big difference.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/fuelpumptechtip.htm

I've seen Errol's Mech Tech go one step further and install a needle valve in the return line, creating a very cheap adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Remeber though that upping your fuel pressure doesnt' necessarily increase power.
HS Engineering -  info@hsengineeringonline.com 383-2005 564-5323
-We sell Amsoil Lubricants, Hallman Boost Controllers, ECM Link, Methanol and Ethanol-Full Service Garage-Mitsubishi ECU Tuning

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2003, 08:31:32 AM »
For all those interested in doing a VE head swap onto their DE/DET engine blocks, here's a nice link  [thumbsup]

http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?t=50895&highlight=VE+head

Offline shift_of_legend (GARD)

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • Light weight+PowR+Traction = CARnivore
    • View Profile

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2003, 10:59:06 AM »
FYI...The qg18de exhaust manifold can fit the ga16de, however, whether the ports match up or not I have no idea.  I suspect the intake manifold and probablty the head can fit too.  But fitting the head may be more trouble than it's worth, or at least more expensive than it's worth.  Anyone who can add to this please do.

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?s=3ad1853e3e940c47ed706bf9cf3b1700&threadid=36358

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2004, 02:51:07 PM »
I found this article while browsing the net looking for some more technical knowledge  [drool], and thought to share it with you guys...make for better tuning knowledge I think  [2thumbsup]

There are 3 cam styles - hydraulic , solid & roller. I will explain some of the differences & applications for them. The differences for the most part describes the lifter, which is the part that actually rides on the cam

1] hydraulic - these are the most common & are used in most stock applications for the low cost & unneeded maintenance. The advantage to this design is is that there is a piston inside the lifter which floats on oil & can adjust the valve lash by trapping oil under the piston, this eliminates the need to adjust valve lash by constantly making the adjustment. The down side is at high rpm the lifter can over adjust [pump up] not allowing the valves to close. There are high rev lifters available with better oil control to help prevent pump up & there are Rhodes style lifters available as well which help with long duration cams & will bleed of movement of the valve at low rpm improving idle while maintaining high rpm power.

2] solid - these are an older design but they work great. The lifter is just a solid billet that rides on the cam & holds the pushrod, these require adjustable rockers & different pushrods than hydraulic, the lash is adjusted by adjusting the screws on the rockers using feeler gauges & has to be done occasionally probably once / year, race or street , after the initial break in, these are very stable & will work at low rpm or high , the last production engine to use a mech cam was the /6 in the early 80s.  The only change in mech cams was the mushroom lifter these have a wider bottom face & were created to try to get lift speed similar to roller cams without rollers & these have to have the lifters installed from the bottom of the block before the cam or crank are installed.

3] rollers - these are the ultimate cam design. the duration can be kept low so the low end power band is maintained but the valve can be opened very quickly with the steep cam lobe angles allowing very high lifts & a much wider power band than other types of cams. The lifter is designed with a roller brg in the bottom of it  so that the edge of the lifter cannot dig into the ramp on the camlobe with the extreme angles. They require mechanical pushrods & adj. rocker arms as well for most applications. These will make more power & fuel economy than the other designs also. New production engines have virtually all gone to this design for this reason, but they have created a hybrid by using roller lifters with hydraulic adjustment. There is also Inverted rollers, these maintain the base circle longer to decrease duration even more & have more radical lift speeds when the valve starts to open.  There are also new lifters available for roller type cams with rounded bottoms made of incredibly hard composite to reduce failure of lifters which does happen with roller lifters From Schubeck Racing Engine Components in Vegas. Be warned they are far from cheap though.  All Roller cams are made from billets not castings, as hyd & solid are , due to the severe stresses they are subjected too , they also require much higher quality valve springs to survive the heat generated by moving the valves as fast as they do.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2004, 02:51:49 PM by Sleepe-R: Stage II Underway! »

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2004, 08:19:36 AM »
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=3258

This site is very interesting...it's a forum thread with some knowledge of SR20 differences as translated from a site by a Japanese native.  Basically just for your information.

Offline B-HZRd...Nuff Said!

• Back At It Again With The VVL
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2004, 02:51:29 PM »
Repect iyah [thumbsup] More info is allways good.

jus... 8)
Just a poor boy with fast car ambitions.

Offline primeragirl

• backside! The GTI-R a tek off!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 2, 2004, 07:59:36 AM »
Hey, where can I get the number 12 chip as we Nissanites would call it. Well, the cost of it would be good to know before hand. [whistle]
If you do your best, whatever happens will be for the best.

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 2, 2004, 09:56:43 AM »
what's a number 12 chip?

Offline primeragirl

• backside! The GTI-R a tek off!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 2, 2004, 10:05:45 AM »
An aftermarket chip (performance) for the sr20de. :o
If you do your best, whatever happens will be for the best.

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2004, 08:15:35 AM »
http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/tech_details.asp

This info could come in hand for people who need to know how to wire their ECU.

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 9, 2004, 12:06:47 PM »
Here's a chart on nissan chassis codes, vehicle models, engines and production years.

http://www.freshalloy.com/cars/nissan/super_matrix.html

Bless

Offline BULLET

• Rise up to the challenge!!!!!! anyting a anyting
    • View Profile
    • Vibes Racing
« Reply #81 on: September 1, 2004, 03:39:43 AM »
So what is the estimated power gains from this number 12 chip?
If any.....
« Last Edit: September 1, 2004, 03:13:31 PM by «BïÖ-HâZªRd»®...I miss my Nissan »

Offline Shift!!!

• When you have the power, just pretend you don't
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2004, 12:10:09 PM »
I know that threr are a lot of Primera owners out there that are searching for info.

Go to www.primeracarclub.co.nz for links and info.

It's a really great site
PROJECT AGU http://www.wheelsjamaicahost.com/wheels_forum/index.php?topic=92141.0
Have VAGCom will scan - PM me or Call 414-0629

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • Give God thanks in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2004, 11:22:58 PM »
Cool Nissan enthusiasts site with a large model specific forum

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/home.asp
I wouldn't have missed a thing... not one minute of it.

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 5, 2005, 06:06:23 PM »

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 5, 2005, 06:25:16 PM »
ga16de auto to manual swap
http://www.geocities.com/automanual25/

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2005, 10:59:50 PM »

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2005, 08:37:48 AM »
Suspension guidelines to live by for your sentra/sunny/pulsar/almera
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1175/automotive/sentraspringsandstruts.html?200531

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2005, 07:52:25 AM »

Offline MONTii

• BILLY D KIDD
  • Administrator
  • Extreme Member
  • I "KIDD" YOU NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • JAMAICAN TUNER
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2005, 02:28:40 PM »
Clearing blinking airbag light.
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=31395&page=1&pp=15
To reset this light....

Open driver door
Get in
Shut door
Turn ignition to the on position The one that will go all the way, but not to start car)
Open door
Reach down with your right hand if your a rightty
Press the door ajar sensor button thing (7) times
Shut door
Start your car.....

Check your door switch if you have problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who have trouble getting this to work the first time, check your door switch. My dome light still turned on and off when I pressed the door switch, but there are 2 other circuits attached to this switch and 1 of them works to reset the air bag. I checked mine with an ohm meter and only 1 of the 3 circuits was being completed by the switch. I took it apart and cleaned the contacts and I was then able to reset my airbag light by following the procedure.

For you doubters out there, using the door switch to reset the air bag light is listed in the service manual (starting on RS-26 in the B14 manual). That's where I got the instructions to check the switch function when it did not work.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 10:07:17 PM by MONTI »
ERROR DOES NOT BECOME TRUTH BY REASON OF MULTIPLIED PROPAGATION, NOR DOES TRUTH BECOME ERROR BECAUSE NOBODY SEES IT.

Offline MONTii

• BILLY D KIDD
  • Administrator
  • Extreme Member
  • I "KIDD" YOU NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • JAMAICAN TUNER
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2005, 04:31:07 PM »
Reading error codes manually.(driver had problems with O2 sensor)
Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:36 pm
   Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This worked on my Primera and I think I remembered it working for a friends ga15 B14 as well.

If you pull the cover off your lower dash where the fuses are... there's a white Consult diagnostic plug.

You can manually put the car into diagnostic mode to read any error codes by performing the following steps.

1. Turn the ignition on, do not start the car (all dash warning lights on)

2. Using a thin wire (I use a paper clip bent into a U shape) short out the top 2 right most pins for 1/2 a second. (Top right!!!! Both pins on the top row, right most!!!)

3. This will flash the orange Check Engine light with the ECU's error codes if there are any. First slow flashes are for the 1st digit and the second set of fast flashes are for the 2nd digit. 5,5 means no errors.

4. Start the car while in this mode and the engine light would flash on and off to show a lean or rich mixture. Wait till the car is warmed up properly and then hold the throttle steady at 2000rpm. The check engine light should come on and off at least once every two seconds if the O2 sensors is healthy.

5. Turn off the ignition to come out of diagnostic mode.
ERROR DOES NOT BECOME TRUTH BY REASON OF MULTIPLIED PROPAGATION, NOR DOES TRUTH BECOME ERROR BECAUSE NOBODY SEES IT.

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 1, 2005, 06:17:18 PM »
advice on strengthening SR20 gearbox housing

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=55334&page=3&pp=20

enyawbrown

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2005, 02:38:09 PM »

Here's an article on tuning using EGT vs. Wideband Sensor. Makes for an interesting read

http://www.sdsefi.com/techegt.htm

Bless

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile

Offline chingun

• Blessing
    • View Profile
    • fhttp://www.wheelsjamaica.com/wheels_forum/index.php?action=profile;u=2599
« Reply #95 on: September 5, 2005, 02:53:08 PM »
Hey I need a 4WD SR20 block ASAP Please help me .............. [help]
F**k them if they cant take a joke

When I am in a good mood I worry work and think,
When I am in a drunken mood I gamble play and drink
When my life is over and my time as come to pass
I want to be buried upside down so

Offline Pizza

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
  • Give God thanks in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2005, 09:00:45 AM »
SERVICE MANUALS for the R32, R33 and R34 SKYLINES

http://www.japtastic.co.uk/manuals/manuals/ 
I wouldn't have missed a thing... not one minute of it.

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2005, 09:46:16 AM »

• WJ Moderator
  • Extreme Member
    • View Profile

Offline Wiggy [ShopinJA.com]

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • ShopinJA.com - Buy it, Sell it, Trade it
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2005, 04:36:22 PM »
Somebody shed some light ,, i saw a sr20 in an ole bluebird,. it had a carb on it that looked to be factory ???

Sr20's came Carb'd ?